Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

KVM Storage VPS for Seedbox
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

KVM Storage VPS for Seedbox

Hi,
I am looking for a cheap KVM storage VPS located in Europe with good connectivity to major internet exchanges like AMS-IX and DE-CIX.

I will use this VPS as seedbox (private tracker only).

The specs:

• 2 CPU cores (passmark of 2000 and above)
  • 4GB RAM
  • 2TB HDD (write/read speed at least 100MB/s)
  • 10Gbit shared connectivity where it is okay to peak 1GBit/s or more for up to 1 hour a day
  • 5TB monthly traffic
  • 1 IPv4
  • Monthly or quarterly payment with PayPal or CC
  • Budget ~10 Euro per month

Thank you very much for your offers and help.

Comments

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider

Don't think you're gonna be seeding at gigabit+ with HDDs that are likely being pegged by multiple other clients.

• @MikeA said:
    Don't think you're gonna be seeding at gigabit+ with HDDs that are likely being pegged by multiple other clients.

Also unlikely go get that for €10 a month...

• PulsedMediaPulsedMedia Member, Patron Provider

We do not provide VPS, but do offer managed dedicated seedboxes aka MDS.
    https://pulsedmedia.com/managed-dediseedbox.php

If you do not need SUDO/Root then i recommend the Dragon-R, 13.99€ a month gets you 20Gbps and 3TB of RAID10 space on a EPyC 32C/64T monster server :)

We also got currently some "The Rona Relief" specials for 50% off from our older service series :)

• BarisBaris Member

@PulsedMedia said:
    We do not provide VPS, but do offer managed dedicated seedboxes aka MDS.
    https://pulsedmedia.com/managed-dediseedbox.php

If you do not need SUDO/Root then i recommend the Dragon-R, 13.99€ a month gets you 20Gbps and 3TB of RAID10 space on a EPyC 32C/64T monster server :)

We also got currently some "The Rona Relief" specials for 50% off from our older service series :)

Thank you for your offer. I need sudo/root because I run my own setup of rutorrent/rtorrent, radarr, sonarr, jackett, nzbhydra2, nzbget, plex, rclone, znc and wireguard. I like to have full power over my seedbox.

@rmlhuk said:

@MikeA said:

Also unlikely go get that for €10 a month...

The provider I use now can't do 1Gbit+ seeding over HDD, but most of the time I see constant 600-700mbit out over a shared 1Gbit connection in my peaks.

I could get almost same specs for 15 Euros / month with them (shared 1Gbit only) but wanted to check out whether any better deals can be made money and spec wise.

Do you guys think it is better to stay with my current provider and upgrade my package? I currently have 1TB HDD, 2 GB RAM and 1 CPU with them and can double it.

• PulsedMediaPulsedMedia Member, Patron Provider

Baris said: Thank you for your offer. I need sudo/root because I run my own setup of rutorrent/rtorrent, radarr, sonarr, jackett, nzbhydra2, nzbget, plex, rclone, znc and wireguard. I like to have full power over my seedbox.

ok, so VM that is. Sorry, that's a category we do not have to offer right now :( We only have a bit higher end offers for your needs with the ZEN MiniDedi or MDS, but those go over your budget.

• NDTNNDTN Member, Patron Provider, Top Host

Hello,
    You can take a look at our StorageNL2TB: https://greenkvm.com/
    If you pay quarterly we can give you discount to match your budget.

Thanked by 1Baris
  • @NDTN said:
    Hello,

Amazing Offers

Thanked by 1NDTN
  • BarisBaris Member

@NDTN said:
    Hello,

This is what I was looking for, great offer, thank you. Is it okay to go monthly once and write a ticket afterwards to go quarterly? I would like to test run my setup first before I migrate my old VPS.

• NDTNNDTN Member, Patron Provider, Top Host

@Baris said:

@NDTN said:
    Hello,

This is what I was looking for, great offer, thank you. Is it okay to go monthly once and write a ticket afterwards to go quarterly? I would like to test run my setup first before I migrate my old VPS.

Yes it should be OK. When you need to switch to Quarterly, just mention to forward the ticket to the manager for a custom quote.
    Thanks!

• @Baris your not trying to transcode with vps are you? Real fast way to get banned, just fyi

• @king8654 said:
    @Baris your not trying to transcode with vps are you? Real fast way to get banned, just fyi

What are you talking about? Banned from what? Green KVM doesn't mention transcoding in their terms of service. People transcode all the time and I've never heard their services cancelled, let alone "banned". Your FYI needs more I.

• king8654king8654 Member
    edited March 2020

@TimboJones said:

@king8654 said:
    @Baris your not trying to transcode with vps are you? Real fast way to get banned, just fyi

What are you talking about? Banned from what? Green KVM doesn't mention transcoding in their terms of service. People transcode all the time and I've never heard their services cancelled, let alone "banned". Your FYI needs more I.

He mentioned plex in his server uses, and if he is transcoding videos that will fully utilize his cpu. If he's on a shared fair usage policy and not a dedicated core, will most likely get warning and eventually banned/terminated.

People transcode all the time on dedicated servers or at least dedicated cores

• @king8654 said:

@TimboJones said:

@king8654 said:

He mentioned plex in his server uses, and if he is transcoding videos that will fully utilize his cpu. If he's on a shared fair usage policy and not a dedicated core, will most likely get warning and eventually banned/terminated.

People transcode all the time on dedicated servers or at least dedicated cores

Ah, I see, sustained periods of high CPU. Thanks

• @TimboJones yup, only meant the continuous hammering of shared resources, normal usage or occasional transcode shouldn't be an issue