Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

High performance dedicated server in US needed
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

High performance dedicated server in US needed

We are currently running a bioinformatics program, which requires the high performance of CPU and large memory. For now, we use a cluster of dedicated servers from a Kansas provider (12C24T 72G 32TB @ VeryLowPrice) and servers from Hetzner (6C12T 256G 2480SSD @ 65 EUR/Month).

We are very satisfied with the price and the service of both Kansas provider and Hetzner. We are now expanding our computing cluster in the US, Kansas is not an option for some reason.

So we are looking for dedicated servers with low price and high performance:
CPU 163GHz or more
RAM 128G or more
Storage 2
2TB or more
500M port with 20TB bandwidth or more

For now, three servers are needed, and more in the next six months.
Is there anyone can beat the price of OVH US?

Comments

• What is your Kansas provider? I don't think you will find something close to OVH in terms of price and company reputation.

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

@arielse said:
    What is your Kansas provider? I don't think you will find something close to OVH in terms of price and company reputation.

Could very well be WSI.

But I can be wrong :D

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

@thedp said:

@arielse said:
    What is your Kansas provider? I don't think you will find something close to OVH in terms of price and company reputation.

Could very well be WSI.

But I can be wrong :D

Unlikely.

• @arielse said:
    What is your Kansas provider?

I was told not to share anything about this offer, it's really cheap and good in quality.

This offer is contingent on non-disclosure. You may not share details of this email with another party on a web forum or elsewhere.

@thedp said:
    Could very well be WSI.

We have reached WSI, but the offer from the provider now we are working with is even cheaper than WSI.

• How are you getting to 163GHz? If you're multiplying the threads by frequency, it looks like you need two CPU'S.

And the offer you mentioned has 8TB storage, not 22TB. Is this "nice to have" vs "need to have"? What is your actual "need to have"? Because getting into storage upgrades can change offer prices.

• hzrhzr Member

TimboJones said: How are you getting to 163GHz? If you're multiplying the threads by frequency, it looks like you need two CPU'S.

It's markdown, he prboably means 16 * 3 Ghz and the *s make it italic.

Thanked by 1TimboJones
  • AK_KWHAK_KWH Member, Patron Provider
  • @hzr said:

TimboJones said: How are you getting to 163GHz? If you're multiplying the threads by frequency, it looks like you need two CPU'S.

It's markdown, he prboably means 16 * 3 Ghz and the *s make it italic.

Thanks for clarifying!

• 1gservers1gservers Member, Patron Provider

We have a Dual E5-2695v2 system for $77.77 that might interest you.
    https://1gservers.com/auto-deploy-servers-letspecial.html

If you need it customized, please reach out to [email protected]

• Another 'posts OVH deal and asks who can go lower' topic...

Why not colocate? That OVH doesn't have 22 TB either.

• mokafumokafu Member
    edited March 2020

That's most likely because markdown and he would have wrote 2 * 2TB ?
    Highly recommend @1gservers btw ;)

Thanked by 2TimboJones 1gservers