Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Windows vps within LEB pricing?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Windows vps within LEB pricing?

Makkesk8Makkesk8 Member
edited November 2013 in Requests

Does it exist?

Let me rephrase: Windows vps within LEB pricing including license, AND within Europe, US East wouldn't be too bad but it has to be really good :)

Specs: As good as it gets.

Comments

• earlearl Member
    edited November 2013

I think ramnode, buyvm has windows.. can't recall what version thought.

• @earl said:
    I think ramnode, buyvm has windows.. can't recall what version thought.

Sure, they don't include the license though which I'm kinda looking for.

• I think buyvm offers free windows 2003.. at least they use to.

• A windows KVM with license within LEB pricing might be quote hard, but not sure. You should specify specs you're looking for.

• Forgot..burstnet offers windows too think they have 15% off if you use coupon "FALL2013"

http://www.burst.net/winvps.php

• @ultimatehostings said:
    A windows KVM with license within LEB pricing might be quote hard, but not sure. You should specify specs you're looking for.

Updated thread.

@earl said:
    Forgot..burstnet offers windows too think they have 15% off if you use coupon "FALL2013"

http://www.burst.net/winvps.php

Hmm, I don't really like burst.net, used them a few years ago and the uptime was less than 60% :E

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

We were able to do this in 7 USD for a 3 month payment 512 ram and 16 GB disk though with 2008r2.
    2008r2 has an 180 days free trial, though, so, in theory you can link your own iso or one from microsoft and run it for 180 days in our iwstack.
    Tutorial here:
    http://board.prometeus.net/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1372

• @Makkesk8 said:
    Hmm, I don't really like burst.net, used them a few years ago and the uptime was less than 60% :E

Yup! never tried their windows but I had their veportal VPS long time ago and was not that great so I would imagine their windows VPS is probably the same..

• @Maounique said:
    We were able to do this in 7 USD for a 3 month payment 512 ram and 16 GB disk though with 2008r2.
    2008r2 has an 180 days free trial, though, so, in theory you can link your own iso or one from microsoft and run it for 180 days in our iwstack.
    Tutorial here:
    http://board.prometeus.net/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1372

It's tempting but the location has prevented me from going with prometeus for years.. I'm sorry I'd have to decline that offer. Thanks anyways =)

• if you can't find anything you can check out corgitech.. they have vmware and were pretty good. they use to have offers that included free windows but now it's 10/mo.

something to consider:)

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

@Makkesk8 said:

I do not understand, we are within Europe with good connectivity around the continent.
    http://lg-milano.prometeus.net

• BuyVM 256 KVM at $5/mo includes Windows 2003.

• @awson said: BuyVM 256 KVM at $5/mo includes Windows 2003.

Hm. I was under the impression you need 1GB RAM or thereabouts to run Windows reliably...?

• @aglodek said:
    Hm. I was under the impression you need 1GB RAM or thereabouts to run Windows reliably...?

2003 with 256MB was ok.. probably 512MB would be better.. I had a ramnode KVM SSD with 256MB it ran amazingly well! but then again I was only using it for RDP..

• well, previously I run windows 2008 at prometeus windows offer with 512mb memory. And I installed virtualbox for running Ubuntu 12 desktop, and it's run nicely without lag

• Try thrustvps
    I am using it. Its fine and great working. Good support.

But the lowest plan is 8 usd/mo.

Can pay monthly and try.

• I do can do 2.4Ghz, 1GB RAM, 100GB Hard disk @ 100Mbps 5TB traffic. I can do you this for $8 if your interested contact me. Only issue is that its based in Atlanta but you can test IP 162.217.172.250.

• @bigrobsweb does this include windows license? if yes, which one?

• I have a box with thrustvps in the UK, its just over LEB pricing though.

• DewlanceVPSDewlanceVPS Member, Patron Provider
    edited November 2013

We provide XenHVM Windows VPS with 4 vCPU
    (Free valid license, Win2008r2, win2008, win2003r2)

• @DewlanceVPS said:
    We provide XenHVM Windows VPS with 4 vCPU
    (Free valid license, Win2008r2, win2008, win2003r2)

But not within LEB pricing.

• rskrsk Member, Patron Provider
    edited November 2013

Hi,

Can offer:
    KVM
    2x L5520
    2gb ram
    100gb hd
    2tb bw @ 100mb/s
    US East (Colo@)
    $10/month.
    Licensed windows 2008.

Regards

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

• Considering Microsoft's SPLA pricing for Server 2003, and 2008 costs about the same as the max LEB price allowed here, its going to be tough to find. If your a student, and have a dreamspark account you can get 2008 (and 2012 I believe) for free, provided its not being used for commercial purposes.

The keys are volume license keys, and should work with a VLK iso which is what most SPLA providers have.

• eLohkCalbeLohkCalb Member
    edited November 2013

@ryguy222

And there's a 38.46% price increase for Microsoft Windows Server DC edition from Jan/2014. :)

• Makkesk8Makkesk8 Member
    edited November 2013

@ryguy222 said:
    Considering Microsoft's SPLA pricing for Server 2003, and 2008 costs about the same as the max LEB price allowed here, its going to be tough to find. If your a student, and have a dreamspark account you can get 2008 (and 2012 I believe) for free, provided its not being used for commercial purposes.

The keys are volume license keys, and should work with a VLK iso which is what most SPLA providers have.

Well I'm trying to get verified on dreamspark :E

• @Makkesk8 said:

Contact the Microsoft Dreamspark people, they'll activate with (usually) no questions and no identification... Thats how I got 3 Dreamspark accounts shh

• @skybucks100 said:
    Contact the Microsoft Dreamspark people, they'll activate with (usually) no questions and no identification... Thats how I got 3 Dreamspark accounts shh

Well I'm actually a student and I'm not looking to scam anyone.

• @bigrobsweb said:
    I do can do 2.4Ghz, 1GB RAM, 100GB Hard disk @ 100Mbps 5TB traffic. I can do you this for $8 if your interested contact me. Only issue is that its based in Atlanta but you can test IP 162.217.172.250.

tempting !! :) which windows ?

• AlexanderMAlexanderM Member, Top Host, Host Rep

@Makkesk8 said:
    Well I'm actually a student and I'm not looking to scam anyone.

Use your Email address @your education address and its no issue, as it will be a government issued domain.