Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Searching for kvm vps 1 Core 2GB RAM unlimited bandwidth for about 3$ in the usa
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Searching for kvm vps 1 Core 2GB RAM unlimited bandwidth for about 3$ in the usa

SembethSembeth Member

Thanks for the help in advance.

I am currently looking for ~40 cheap linux kvm vps. I just need to run a docker container on them.

My requirements are:
1 Core
2 GB RAM
1 GBit/s connection
At least 10 TB bandwidth per month. Better more or unlimited.
HDD/SSD: May be very small as I just run Debian and Docker on it.
Costs: About $3 per month. (This is the tricky part)
Contract: I should be able to cancel the vps within 1 month. I am not looking for 1 year subscriptions.

Since I need about 40 servers for the first step, it might be possible to get a discount for that.

Hopefully someone can give me tips. In germany I found netcup and hetzner with those specs but I do need server locations in the usa.

Thanks again.

Comments

• deankdeank Member, Troll

The end is nigh.

• 40 vps in the same location or spread out across the USA?

• The same data center is fine. I have googled a lot, but most vps providers are limiting their bandwidth to a few TBs per month.

• What is yours usecase. Seems odd to require 40 separate servers

• RecDRecD Member

Why you want 40 separate vps? as you only run docker, you can run them in just one machine.
    Go for a Dedi!

USA is expensive, especially for bandwidth and IPs.
    10 TB * 40 = 400 TB which means at least 1Gbps unmetered.
    If IPv4 NAT is ok, try ReliableSite and us.OVHCloud, they offer big bandwidth or unlimited bandwidth in USA.

• Well, yeah, probably. I have to run a docker container on each vps, which requires quite a lot of bandwidth, and each vps needs its own IPv4.

I googled the last few days and found none that really fit.

us.OVHCloud seems to be good, and I saw it earlier but the contract is for 1 year if I see it right? I would prefer a vps that has a 1 month subscription that I could cancel.

Never tought on a dedicated server. But I belive it may be more expensive if I get a dedicated 1gbit/s connection and need to buy multible IPv4 adresses.

• PulsedMediaPulsedMedia Member, Patron Provider

Why does this sound like a spam operaton. Please proof me wrong, but you are asking exactly the same type of things every spammer does. 1 month only, tons of IPs, plenty of bandwidth and extremely low price - nothing else matters.

• It's not for spam. But yes it sounds suspicious. I developed a programm that runs in a cluster and I need to scale it.

Sembeth said: It's not for spam. But yes it sounds suspicious. I developed a programm that runs in a cluster and I need to scale it.

Any reason you cannot run the dockers in single machine, or even better yet, just multiple processes?

40x3$ = 120$ - that does buy quite a bit of dedicated processing power. VMs are typically more expensive at that point.

• If you just need it for limited time and are not infact a spammer which i sort of doubt a monthly vps makes no sense. Just go spin up a machine with aws or whatever on hourly rate to test your program. No provider wants to risk 40 ip's on a single client for a month without certainty legitimate usecase to which you have been extremely ambiguous on.

Thanked by 1PulsedMedia
  • Well I just calculated a bit as it was an good idea.

From Netcup.de I get a dedicated server for 42,99€ per month with 64 GB of RAM. I can buy there also IP adresses which cost me 1€ per IPv4 Adress. In Total for 32 IP Adresses + Dedicated server I would pay 73,99€ per month. So every docker container could have their own IP Adress + 2GB of RAM.

If I do the same and buy the vps instances from netcup I pay 2,43€ per vps with 1 core 2GB of Ram and 1 IP Adress. That x32 would cost me 77,76€.

So yes I would save a bit of money and it is a great advice but I think I would prefer to stick to vps.

• Well I propably let the vps run for a long time. But I need to be able to scale it up or down. If my customers drop out for some reason I don't want to pay for the rest of the time but scale everything down.

Just out of curiosity, OVHCloud seems to be pretty good, but am I right in saying that I have a 1 year contract? Or is it monthly-based? Because if I buy a VPS there, I have to pay for 1 year.

• cociucociu Member

Man , can we pay you to be our customer ?

• The only decent options, AFAIK, are Hetzner, NetCup, Scaleway and HostSolutions upto 3.5 dollars. Seriously tho, you couldn't have possibly made this post any more suspicious.

• Not the OP, but I guess the OP seeks some high availability solution. But run 40 processes/container running in different servers might still be vulnerable for power outage or network shutdown.

A common industry practice is to have n available zones(AZ), each AZ is isolated with dedicated power and network, then deploy your service instances in multiple AZ.

Also, I suspect you might not need 40 public-facing IPs, most backend services do not need expose themselves to the internet, --- unless you are running a crawler farm.

• @Sembeth said:
    Thanks for the help in advance.

I am currently looking for ~40 cheap linux kvm vps. I just need to run a docker container on them.

My requirements are:
    1 Core
    2 GB RAM
    1 GBit/s connection
    At least 10 TB bandwidth per month. Better more or unlimited.
    HDD/SSD: May be very small as I just run Debian and Docker on it.
    Costs: About $3 per month. (This is the tricky part)
    Contract: I should be able to cancel the vps within 1 month. I am not looking for 1 year subscriptions.

Since I need about 40 servers for the first step, it might be possible to get a discount for that.

Hopefully someone can give me tips. In germany I found netcup and hetzner with those specs but I do need server locations in the usa.

Thanks again.

Boss,
    400TB for 120/mo? Ouch. That is a tough budget my man.

• KermEdKermEd Member
    edited March 2020

Why not go to digital ocean in this case? It’ll cost more but does what you are asking with per second billing, no? If you have ‘clients’ on it, you shouldn’t be using LET. I wouldn’t give you a VPS either :D and given the requirements I’d probably be charging you 5 to 10x more than others as it is suspicious AF

• Well I thank you all for your time.

No its no crawler farm too. And no its nothing illegal. Its just a little side project from me beside work.

Digital Ocean is no option because of the bandwidth cap.

I won't use that much bandwidth propably but if there is a heavy demand I prefer to keep the option.

• It's a tiny bit over your budget and stock is rare BuyVM

• IonSwitch_StanIonSwitch_Stan Member, Host Rep

At 400TB your asking for >1Gb/sec, which costs more than $120/m. Either lower your bandwidth needs or increase your budget. 40 IP’s alone will cost many providers $1/ea. No room for margin friend.

• @IonSwitch_Stan said:
    At 400TB your asking for >1Gb/sec, which costs more than $120/m. Either lower your bandwidth needs or increase your budget. 40 IP’s alone will cost many providers $1/ea. No room for margin friend.

Atleast no one asked for full management :)

Thanked by 1uptime
    edited March 2020

seriesn said: Atleast no one asked for full management

Or sub 2hours support response & SLA 24/7/365

• No its no crawler farm too. And no its nothing illegal. Its just a little side project from me beside work

If it's not illegal, then why not say? Sounds extremely suspicious.