Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Waveride VPS DOWN
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Waveride VPS DOWN

I have a 4GB VPS with Waveride... It has been down for more than 36 Hours.. I opened a High-priority emergency ticket, 24 hours ago, still no response.. No emails from them either...

Is there any issues with them or is it just me? Normally when the VPS goes down, it comes back soon...
-Thanks
Vijay

Comments

• Do you offer any guarantees or provide refunds?

We run the systems based on a best-effort policy. We do not offer SLA or uptime guarantee. No refunds are granted under any circumstances.

This is on their FAQ, good luck.

• StarryStarry Member, Host Rep

My Austria VPS with them is normal.

• There's no SLA and there's occasional DDOS attacks against the Waveride service.

I don't know about you, but priority rarely matters in a Emergency Ticket System.

• Something about you pay Peanuts your get peanuts...

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

@Raymii said:
    Something about you pay Peanuts your get peanuts...

I hate that so much...

• @ultimatehostings said: We run the systems based on a best-effort policy. We do not offer SLA or uptime guarantee. No refunds are granted under any circumstances.
    This is on their FAQ, good luck.

Unbelievable! Amazing what people will agree to just to save a little money! Or they don't read the small print ;)

Me, I prefer to save even more and not buy at all ;) Or pay a bit more for something really worth the money.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

"High-priority emergency ticket" You may have opened one with EDIS, waveride does not give you that option, it is a budget service with minimal support, that is made VERY clear at sign up so given that it is the weekend dont expect anyone to get back to you until monday and on top of that please expect them getting back to you as simply closing your ticket if the node itself is fine.

• @aglodek said:
    Me, I prefer to save even more and not buy at all ;) Or pay a bit more for something really worth the money.

WaveRide is done with a very specific goal and is not intended to have support at all. It's sole purpose is to be cheap.

• But don't worry they will suspend you at a moments notice of a fake dmca request.
    And then will wait 2 weeks to reactivate it.

• LeeLee Veteran

@AnthonySmith said:
    "High-priority emergency ticket" waveride does not give you that option

Yes they do, I used it on Friday. It's not responded to as a high Priority emergency ticket but its still there and called that in their system.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

^^Ah I see, understandable that customers would assume they can do that then.

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran
    edited November 2013

EDIS answers me middle in the night per e-mail, maybe its at waveride different.

Maybe you should contact edis direct per mail?

• BrianHarrisonBrianHarrison Member, Patron Provider

@Raymii said:
    Something about you pay Peanuts your get peanuts...

Never a more true statement in the hosting industry.

• LeeLee Veteran

@BrianHarrison said:
    Never a more true statement in the hosting industry.

You are on the wrong site with that kind of statement. Webhostingtalk is the 3rd door on the left.

Thanked by 1rm_

@W1V_Lee said:
    You are on the wrong site with that kind of statement. Webhostingtalk is the 3rd door on the left.

I'm comfortable right where I am.

• LeeLee Veteran

Ah sorry, I just noticed the $12 deal in your signature, as long as we are all agreed you charge peanuts and that is all we can expect from you then fair enough.

@W1V_Lee said:
    Ah sorry, I just noticed the $12 deal in your signature, as long as we are all agreed you charge peanuts and that is all we can expect from you then fair enough.

A 128MB self-managed VM. I'm pretty sure most would consider that a peanut-sized VM...

• OliverOliver Member, Host Rep

Raymii said: Something about you pay Peanuts your get peanuts...

Hmm... peanuthosting.com is taken :(

Thanked by 1Raymii
  • NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

@Oliver what about .net?

It's available. Someone should buy it then sell it to me for $2 (about the same as a pack of peanuts)

• @Oliver said:
    It's available. Someone should buy it then sell it to me for $2 (about the same as a pack of peanuts)

https://www.register.com/promo/domain-to-website-v2.rcmx?trkID=WWWe01tI2W

50 Cents

• @Oliver said:
    Hmm... peanuthosting.com is taken :(

Might be available soon. The owner skipped town without notice and screwed both his customers and data center last month. This is the second time he's done that (1st time was BoxSlots).

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1310794&highlight=peanuthosting

Thanked by 2Maounique rds100

LOL !

@DomainBop said:

Would be great for a waveride style brand... You can even have monkeys posing as support. :)

• @DomainBop said:

Man, I never thought that link would be real. I skipped it then came back to the thread and clicked it and wow!

• You're server still down at Waveride?

• Maybe peanutshosting.com can partner up with summerhost.biz?

• I got one in AT 4GB with waveride just to test, And I think there must be tons of people abusing resources because the speeds are unstable for me.

edited November 2013

@MonsteR said:
    I got one in AT 4GB with waveride just to test, And I think there must be tons of people abusing resources because the speeds are unstable for me.

It is bound to be fluctuating in speed. We keep an eye 24/7 and still there are spikes of loads into 100 or so on OVerZolds when some gameserver goes nuts, but there is still idle time on the cpu.