Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Help for get connection to dedicated server again
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Help for get connection to dedicated server again

OldkyOldky Member

Hello
I have OVH dedicated server installed with windows server 2016 and lost connection to it via RDP from my pc. I tried to reboot and nothing. Now I am in IPMI /KVM via ovh cloud manager and can not open network connections to enable it. any solutions?

And I choose to re-install windows server 2016 on my SSD drive but they are writing, that if I choose to re-install windows server 2016 image, I will delete all drivers. Don't understand, why to delete all drivers when I have installed win 2016 server on one drive which is SSD.

Comments

• rubenruben Member, Host Rep

Oldky said: Now I am in IPMI /KVM via ovh cloud manager and can not open network connections to enable it. any solutions?

What error do you get? Can you ping the Server?

(+ RDP on a public IP is never a good idea).

Oldky said: I will delete all drivers. Don't understand, why to delete all drivers when I have installed win 2016 server on one drive which is SSD.

That's probably the way OVH does automated Installations. Maybe you can mount a Windows Server ISO and then you can install it yourself on the SSD without deleting your files.

• OldkyOldky Member

@ruben said:
    What error do you get? Can you ping the Server?

That's probably the way OVH does automated Installations. Maybe you can mount a Windows Server ISO and then you can install it yourself on the SSD without deleting your files.

Do you think it would work?

• CConnerCConner Member, Host Rep

Are you not able to connect to IPMI at all?

• Again...

• OldkyOldky Member

@goodwin said:
    Again...

What??

@CConner said:
    Are you not able to connect to IPMI at all?

Yes, but I can not open network connections