Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How to link up OpenVPN servers?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

How to link up OpenVPN servers?

Hello all,

I have multiple servers that I use for OpenVPN, and each individual server has its own separate system for logins. Is there any OpenVPN system that allows the user login to sync up to all of the servers to have one main login system? I found pritunl which seems like it would support this, but it is $50 a month for that feature. Does anyone know of a free alternative, or a different method to get this to work?

Comments

• No "With warm regards"? Am disappoint.

• NyrNyr Community Contributor, Veteran

You probably want RADIUS authentication. It is "free" in monetary cost, but you or someone will need to implement it.

Thanked by 1jamespeach
  • @Nyr said:
    You probably want RADIUS authentication. It is "free" in monetary cost, but you or someone will need to implement it.

Thank you I will look into this, this could end up working.

• Login via what? Ssh? Why wouldn't this just be your username and ssh key? Or you just want an online directory showing you what servers are in your "panel"?

I don't understand the work flow. I'll look at the pritunl link to see if I understand better.

• @TimboJones said:
    Login via what? Ssh? Why wouldn't this just be your username and ssh key? Or you just want an online directory showing you what servers are in your "panel"?

I don't understand the work flow. I'll look at the pritunl link to see if I understand better.

Basically just some service that will manage user accounts, really at the minimum only a username and password would be required. Then when the user needs to authenticate for OpenVPN, they would authenticate with the user management server, that way only one account is needed for all the VPN servers instead of having a separate account on each one.

Thanked by 1TimboJones
  • We use RADIUS as login. Works very well and supports hashed database storage. Happy to help setup.