Providers, would you pay 1€ / core / month min. 100€ for a modern KVM panel?
Would you pay 1€ / core / month (physical CPU cores in compute nodes), minimum 100€ / month for a modern KVM control panel and cloud billing solution?
I understand that this is out of the budget for some of the LET providers, so the default answer would be "no".
I am curious to know how many providers would say "yes".
And more importantly what is a main feature list that is achievable in the first releases, like:
- is KVM support enough?
- or you absolutely need support for containers, and which one (VZ7/LXD/LXC/etc.)
- just local storage, what kind
- or centralized storage as well, which one
- which networking features are a must right from the start
- any other must-have features
- what issues with your current panel you want fixed
The nice-to-have feature list is obviously endless and a reliable software solution must be actively development and add features over the years, but what is the initial must-have feature list?
(The discussion is outside the OpenStack realm, I'm asking about a turn key solution that doesn't require you to install and manage OpenStack).