Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Netcetera down
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Netcetera down

Netcetera is down due to some planned maintenance. Even if they announced 30 minutes downtime, its couple of hours or more down now..

My main reseler site is hosted with Netcetera. My DA ReseIIer account with Myw (WLA1) seems to be down too. Is anyone here in myw's WLA1 server?
*I already opened a ticket with Miguel. Waiting for the reply. Thought of asking if anyone else experiencing the downtime of WLA1. Does my main domain's outage related with my DA reseIIer account outage?
Bcos my other 3 RS accounts with HM, Fransisco and Exact-hosting works fine. Only the Netcetera and Myw's (Los Angeles) are down.

Thanked by 1MikePT

Comments

• JordJord Moderator, Host Rep
    edited February 2020

Netcetera has currently got a network outage http://status.netceterastatus.com/ you can keep up to date with it here.

Your DA Reseller with @MikePT are the other sites you are hosting on your DA are they accessible?

Thanked by 2MikePT Intelpentium0
  • Netcetera is up..
    Sites are back..

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@Intelpentium0 said:
    Netcetera is down due to some planned maintenance. Even if they announced 30 minutes downtime, its couple of hours or more down now..

My main reseler site is hosted with Netcetera. My DA ReseIIer account with Myw (WLA1) seems to be down too. Is anyone here in myw's WLA1 server?
    *I already opened a ticket with Miguel. Waiting for the reply. Thought of asking if anyone else experiencing the downtime of WLA1. Does my main domain's outage related with my DA reseIIer account outage?
    Bcos my other 3 RS accounts with HM, Fransisco and Exact-hosting works fine. Only the Netcetera and Myw's (Los Angeles) are down.

Weird? We're hosted with ReliableSite in LA, I didn't get any downtime reports.

@MrRadic may want to clarify tho?

@Jord said:
    Netcetera has currently got a network outage http://status.netceterastatus.com/ you can keep up to date with it here.

Your DA Reseller with @MikePT are the other sites you are hosting on your DA are they accessible?

Thanks mate, though Nixstats didn't report anything, at all.

• JordJord Moderator, Host Rep

@MikePT said:

@Jord said:

Hmm weird one then, maybe because his main domain was down where its hosted when they had a network outage :)

Thanked by 1MikePT

@Jord said:

@MikePT said:

@Jord said:

Hmm weird one then, maybe because his main domain was down where its hosted when they had a network outage :)

Could be. I'd have a bunch of tickets as well!

• If you had your dns also hosted in Netcetera, that might be the cause since clients won't be able to query the DNS, hence no IP returned in the first place

Thanked by 2MikePT Intelpentium0

@sanvit said:
    If you had your dns also hosted in Netcetera, that might be the cause since clients won't be able to query the DNS, hence no IP returned in the first place

Could be indeed.

Our DNS servers are with Hetzner, not sure about hia DNS servers.

Thanked by 1Intelpentium0
  • @sanvit said:
    If you had your dns also hosted in Netcetera, that might be the cause since clients won't be able to query the DNS, hence no IP returned in the first place

Yes. My DNS is hosted there. But surprisingly my other 3 cpanel based reseler accounts were up at the same time. Don't know why only the DA with WLA1 was down. Anyhow all are up now..
    Want to move my main site from Netcetera.

• @Intelpentium0 said:

@sanvit said:

Yes. My DNS is hosted there. But surprisingly my other 3 cpanel based reseler accounts were up at the same time. Don't know why only the DA with WLA1 was down. Anyhow all are up now..
    Want to move my main site from Netcetera.

Maybe some records were cached while others wern't.
    Anyway, I highly recommend you use different providers for hosting and DNS (e.g. use CloudNS or Cloudflare instead), so you can easily change hosts or at least be able to receive emails.

• Netcetera is a lovely name for a hosting company.