Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Lowendbox why this is posted? There are changes?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

Lowendbox why this is posted? There are changes?

On the front page,https://lowendbox.com/blog/sonicfast-carnival-sale-kvm-vps-w-ddos-protection-uk-location-plans-starting-at-8eur-month/

The layout is reportedly stolen from famous French company ONLINE.NET and they have placed the entire Terms of Service inside the Alert Box that is not meant for it:

They have not even committed a quality check to remove ONLINE.NET analytics tracking,
image

Furthermore it is a problematic "whitehat" provider, they are actively promoting abuse of others networks, advertised "cracking allowed", posting in hand on many DDoS advertisement forum, actively selling service for attacker while also selling service for defender.

image

Thanked by 2uptime AlwaysSkint

Comments

  • pls bilow remove LEB posts from the sidebar.

  • FranciscoFrancisco Top Provider

    AHAHAHAHAHA

    Francisco

    BuyVM - Free DirectAdmin, Softaculous, & Blesta! / Anycast Support! / Windows 2008, 2012, & 2016! / Unmetered Bandwidth!
    BuyShared - Shared & Reseller Hosting / cPanel + Softaculous + CloudLinux / Pure SSD! / Free Dedicated IP Address
  • Showing 404 now

  • BitmapBitmap Member
    edited February 2020

  • My best guess is that Jon will try to pump and dump LEB, I see no other reason to be so desperate to get things going fast and with zero regards to quality. Probably LEB/LET were a bargain to him since Deluxe wouldn't want to be associated with this.

    The part which I don't get is how is he unwilling to hire a competent community member to work like two hours per day writing some decent offers.

    You can only hope that whoever ends up buying the property in the near future actually cares, unlike him.

    Thanked by 2uptime james50a
  • MikeAMikeA Member, Provider

    Nice, a "company" that supports DDoS services. Just more of what the world needs.

    ExtraVM - AMD Ryzen VPS starting @ $3.50
    USA (TX, VA, FL), CA, FR, UK, SGP, AU

  • Mistakes where made but as you can see, it was removed with minimal delay after reporting. That's something.

    Still, someone should better validate the requests.

  • Lulz ....

    @jbiloh ... y tho?

    r u toadally retarted?

    the Amitz.party lives on!

  • jbilohjbiloh Administrator

    The offer was removed. Thanks to the community for pointing out the issues with this host. They are now banned from future offers.

    Nyr said: The part which I don't get is how is he unwilling to hire a competent community member to work like two hours per day writing some decent offers.

    If you know someone interested I am certainly very interested. I've already got two community members writing tutorials on a paid basis.

    Thanked by 1Synatiq
    Jon Biloh
  • Is there like a 500 point checklist of what's acceptable for a host to advertise here? Seems pretty unreasonable for the staff here to know what shady stuff every hosting company does. It's good that this stuff is brought forward but to be expected to know about every business is a little more due diligence than what I'd consider reasonable.

    I own a site I charge $XX dollars for advertising. A company pays. I review their ads and they are in compliance with my rules. Unless I'm made aware of hidden shady stuff going on I would let the ad go.

  • jbilohjbiloh Administrator
    edited February 2020

    spun said: Is there like a 500 point checklist of what's acceptable for a host to advertise here? Seems pretty unreasonable for the staff here to know what shady stuff every hosting company does. It's good that this stuff is brought forward but to be expected to know about every business is a little more due diligence than what I'd consider reasonable.

    I own a site I charge $XX dollars for advertising. A company pays. I review their ads and they are in compliance with my rules. Unless I'm made aware of hidden shady stuff going on I would let the ad go.

    It's also worth noting that we do not charge for being featured on Low End Box.

    Either way what is most important is that when these things come up we act and clean stuff up, which has been the case of the two or three hosts that fit into that category that were featured in the past month. My goal is to make this a less frequent issue but I no doubt believe that the LET community is going to be better than any single content writer at catching this stuff. Regardless of where the content writer is from (community or not).

    Jon Biloh
  • FlamesRunnerFlamesRunner Member
    edited February 2020

    @spun

    No, but it certainly doesn't hurt to do a quick check. A website that wants credibility will do their due dilligence, and in this case it seems that more could have been done to prevent the posting.

    Thanked by 1uptime

    wget https://s.flamz.pw/dl/bench.sh && bash bench.sh

    curl https://s.flamz.pw/analytics/bench/stats.php

  • stefemanstefeman Member
    edited February 2020

    Here comes the obligatory differing opinion of the thread.

    Fair point as LET is whitehat, but you're also a hypocrite for using the said site. You saw a banner in such site/forum during your normal visit to it and decided to show your righteousness in LET then? :p

    Have you considered the slight chance that it might not be an ad paid by sonicfast, but instead something the site admins put up themselves to show the site is protected? I have similar design with cloudflare logo on TS3 community site.

    But of course, if they rip off scaleway ToS (and analytics on top of that), it shouldn't be on LET.

    Thanked by 1TerensM
  • yoursunnyyoursunny Member
    edited February 2020
    https://verify.cpanel.net/app/verify?ip=sonicfast.io > Results: Not licensed

    UPDATE: I confused WHM with WHMCS. They aren't the same thing.

    The end is nigh for Ubuntu 16.04. Providers still offering Ubuntu 16.04 past EOL will be ashamed.

  • @FlamesRunner said:
    @spun

    No, but it certainly doesn't hurt to do a quick check. A website that wants credibility will do their due dilligence, and in this case it seems that more could have been done to prevent the posting.

    Ok so post up the checklist of what should be done for a free listing that is posted on LEB. I did a quick google search on the company. I didn't go deep just a quick glance and everything looked okay, not great but okay.

  • jbilohjbiloh Administrator

    spun said: Ok so post up the checklist of what should be done for a free listing that is posted on LEB. I did a quick google search on the company. I didn't go deep just a quick glance and everything looked okay, not great but okay.

    I'd appreciate seeing a suggested list.

    Jon Biloh
  • 16062341606234 Member
    edited February 2020

    stefeman said: Fair point as LET is whitehat, but you're also a hypocrite for using the said site. You saw a banner in such site/forum during your normal visit to it and decided to show your righteousness in LET then? :p

    I don't use that site at all and have never been there, it was on first or second page if looking for sonicfast. The other results were from void, cracked, blackspigot, other "black" website. I did not really see legitimate reviews, just connotation of "HQ cracking allowed"

    stefeman said: Have you considered the slight chance that it might not be an ad paid by sonicfast, but instead something the site admins put up themselves to show the site is protected? I have similar design with cloudflare logo on TS3 community site.

    My opinion is that if they are also hosting websites like this they are part of the problem...

  • @jbiloh

    I don't think there's a need for a list, but rather a LET member or two that can go through hosts before they are posted to make sure that they are white hat, etc.

    wget https://s.flamz.pw/dl/bench.sh && bash bench.sh

    curl https://s.flamz.pw/analytics/bench/stats.php

  • ExonHostExonHost Member, Provider

    @jbiloh said:
    The offer was removed. Thanks to the community for pointing out the issues with this host. They are now banned from future offers.

    Nyr said: The part which I don't get is how is he unwilling to hire a competent community member to work like two hours per day writing some decent offers.

    If you know someone interested I am certainly very interested. I've already got two community members writing tutorials on a paid basis.

    It's still available in the LET. https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/163167/sonicfast-carnival-sale-kvm-vps-w-ddos-protection-in-uk-plans-starting-at-8-euro-mo#latest

    ExonHost - Reliable Web Hosting Service Provider | Managed SSD Xen VPS | OpenVZ VPS
    ResellWays - Budget Shared Hosting & Reseller Hosting
  • Mario-SFMario-SF Member, Provider

    We are very sorry about the superficiality and the hypocrisy of this thread.

    @MikeA said:
    Nice, a "company" that supports DDoS services. Just more of what the world needs.

    What? Such a statement is both ridiculous and defamatory. We do not support anyone who commits illegal acts, we simply protect customers indiscriminately.
    The banner on that site is not paid by us, but simply decided to insert it because satisfied by our service.

    I would also like to specify that we do not support any illegal activity on our servers and work 24/7 to monitor our network and ban abuses.

    I must admit that we have had several abuse problems in the past, due to the fact that some of our clients decided to register the domain "sonicfast.live".

    The same domain you can find on all black hat forums, and who advertised our services pretending to be us.
    Even here on lowendtalk has created fake accounts in our name.
    All to earn a few euros from the affiliation system

    After we started lawsuits, he stopped.

    In addition I would like to know who is this phantom @1606234 , since it looks like a newly created puppet account and this only an attempt to remove a competitor from the market.

    Thanked by 1TerensM

    SonicFast DDoS Protected UK Hosting Solutions || Cloud Web Hosting || KVM VPS || OVZ VPS || VPN || VPS Reseller || Cloud Storage || Layer 7 Protection

  • hzrhzr Member, Moderator

    Mario-SF said: this only an attempt to remove a competitor from the market

    There is zero chance they're a competitor or anything even close. Looks like a Chinese guy that got scammed by some past LEB posts paying $20/year.

    Mario-SF said: The banner on that site is not paid by us, but simply decided to insert it because satisfied by our service.

    Mario-SF said: I would also like to specify that we do not support any illegal activity on our servers and work 24/7 to monitor our network and ban abuses.

    But is that person not hosting a DDoS tool site with links to other DDoS tools?

    I'll move this to offtopic if you have a good answer for this question and why you are (mis)using Scaleway's layout.

    Thanked by 1donko
  • MikeAMikeA Member, Provider

    @Mario-SF said:
    We are very sorry about the superficiality and the hypocrisy of this thread.

    @MikeA said:
    Nice, a "company" that supports DDoS services. Just more of what the world needs.

    What? Such a statement is both ridiculous and defamatory. We do not support anyone who commits illegal acts, we simply protect customers indiscriminately.
    The banner on that site is not paid by us, but simply decided to insert it because satisfied by our service.

    You're right, I jumped to a conclusion. Your site used to be hosted on an OVH server that hosted like 10 different booter/stresser sites, but someone could have been hosting a CDN on OVH.

    ExtraVM - AMD Ryzen VPS starting @ $3.50
    USA (TX, VA, FL), CA, FR, UK, SGP, AU

  • Mario-SFMario-SF Member, Provider

    hzr said: But is that person not hosting a DDoS tool site with links to other DDoS tools?

    Your first question is asked the wrong way, because that site is not hosted by us.

    I would suggest anyone on this forum to judge a hosting by the quality of service and not by the website, you can have the most beautiful site in the world but when you scam after 6 months of reselling CC or OVH no one's going to ask why he scammed.

    We have been operating since 2016, with proprietary hardware, no investors and maximum dedication.
    Our customers are satisfied, certainly not because we have the analytical tools in place.

    MikeA said: Your site used to be hosted on an OVH server that hosted like 10 different booter/stresser sites, but someone could have been hosting a CDN on OVH.

    That was a CDN of a partner used almost 2 years ago, called nooder.net (Still awesome project and great heads behind it)
    We have never hosted clients, let alone our site on OVH.

    SonicFast DDoS Protected UK Hosting Solutions || Cloud Web Hosting || KVM VPS || OVZ VPS || VPN || VPS Reseller || Cloud Storage || Layer 7 Protection

  • Seems legit!

    the Amitz.party lives on!

  • MikeAMikeA Member, Provider
    edited February 2020

    @Mario-SF said:
    called nooder.net (Still awesome project and great heads behind it)

    To be fair, I wouldn't call them great heads if they started their service by hosting various illegal booter/DDoS services, including one who I've had the unfortunate pleasure to have dealt with before.

    ExtraVM - AMD Ryzen VPS starting @ $3.50
    USA (TX, VA, FL), CA, FR, UK, SGP, AU

  • Mario-SFMario-SF Member, Provider

    MikeA said: I wouldn't call them great heads if they started their service by hosting various illegal booter/DDoS services

    As far as I know they used to be in that market to receive "free tests" but at this point you should ask them.

    I know that the development behind it has been intense and what they have created is very interesting.

    SonicFast DDoS Protected UK Hosting Solutions || Cloud Web Hosting || KVM VPS || OVZ VPS || VPN || VPS Reseller || Cloud Storage || Layer 7 Protection

  • Well then seems like this was all just a big misunderstanding!

    Thanked by 1angstrom

    the Amitz.party lives on!

  • ClouviderClouvider Member, Provider

    @uptime said:
    Well then seems like this was all just a big misunderstanding!

    I don’t want to look like I’m bashing anyone, but the OP mentions something about T&Cs and analytic codes ?

    Thanked by 2uptime 4d4m

    Clouvider Limited - Leading Hosting & Connectivity Partner || Dedicated Server Sale from £39/m - Our Latest LET Offer

    Cloud Web Hosting | SSD & SAS HA OnApp VPS | US, UK, NL & DE Dedicated Servers | Network Services | Colocation | Managed Services

  • @Clouvider aw dude mang chill bro it's just a wee bit sloppy ethical website hacking I dunno what's the big deal don't be so shallow and hypercriticoliflower ammirite?

    Also they are doing a fine job of distracting from the racknerd in the room ... So there's that :smiley:

    Thanked by 1Clouvider

    the Amitz.party lives on!

  • Clouvider said: I don’t want to look like I’m bashing anyone

    Why not? You've never shied away from it before?

  • jbilohjbiloh Administrator

    @FlamesRunner said:
    @jbiloh

    I don't think there's a need for a list, but rather a LET member or two that can go through hosts before they are posted to make sure that they are white hat, etc.

    I am actively leaning on a number of members the past few days to help us double check hosts who submit offers to LEB. :)

    Jon Biloh
  • joepie91joepie91 Member, Provider
    edited February 2020

    spun said: Seems pretty unreasonable for the staff here to know what shady stuff every hosting company does. It's good that this stuff is brought forward but to be expected to know about every business is a little more due diligence than what I'd consider reasonable.

    I don't think it's unreasonable at all. This is exactly what LEB used to do before it got sold to CC (via a strawman), and it's also exactly what made it such a reliable resource for a long time, a reputation that it's still (currently undeservedly) benefiting from.

    I'd even argue that such digging was half the reason for LEB/LET to exist in the first place.

    spun said: I own a site I charge $XX dollars for advertising. A company pays. I review their ads and they are in compliance with my rules. Unless I'm made aware of hidden shady stuff going on I would let the ad go.

    And that right there is precisely the problem. LEB wasn't meant to be a place where you pay to advertise a host. That's just the sort of thing it turned into over many years of mismanagement.

    This frankly says a lot about how far gone LEB is, and how much it will take to restore it to a position where it can actually be a reputable site again.

    Thanked by 2uptime skorous
  • joepie91joepie91 Member, Provider

    Mario-SF said: We are very sorry about the superficiality and the hypocrisy of this thread.

    Mario-SF said: What? Such a statement is both ridiculous and defamatory.

    Congratulations, you've just convinced me that you're not a reputable company.

    Thanked by 2FlamesRunner donko
  • luissousaluissousa Member
    edited February 2020

    Delimiwho?

    Thanked by 1uptime

    I was once LowEndBoss

  • alphawoots!

    the Amitz.party lives on!

Sign In or Register to comment.