Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[SYS/OVH] Deals
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

[SYS/OVH] Deals

ninzo59ninzo59 Member, Host Rep
edited February 2020 in Offers

Hello LET :)

We just launched a OVHcloud / So you Start Deals

25 Feb to 5 March 3PM (Paris timezone, GMT+1)

Dedicated servers

OVH offers

Special edition servers (= recurring pricing).
No setup fees.

https://www.ovh.ie/dedicated_servers/rise/prices/
https://www.ovh.com/world/dedicated-servers/rise/prices/

Rise-LE-1

Intel Xeon E5-1620v2 (4c / 8t - 3,7GHz / 3,9GHz)
64GB DDR3 ECC 1600Mhz (error on website which display 1333Mhz)
SoftRAID 2x4TB SATA
54.99€

Available in FR / CA datacenters

Rise-LE-2

Intel Xeon E3-1270v6 (4c / 8t - 3,8GHz / 4,2GHz)
32GB DDR4 ECC 2133Mhz (error on website which display 1333Mhz)
SoftRAID 2x4TB SATA + 2x450GB SSD NVMe
74.99€

Available in FR / PL / UK / CA datacenters

So you Start offers

https://www.soyoustart.com/ie/essential-servers/
https://www.soyoustart.com/us/

Special edition servers (= recurring pricing).
No setup fees if 6/12 months commitment

SYS-D-1
Intel Xeon D-1521 (4c / 8t - 2,4GHz / 2,7GHz)
16GB DDR4 ECC 2133MHz
SoftRaid 4x4TB SATA
39,99 € (33% off)

Available in FR / PL / UK / CA datacenters

SYS-D-2
Intel Xeon E3-1230v5 (4c / 8t -3,4GHz / 3,8GHz)
32GB DDR4 ECC 2133MHz
SoftRaid 4x4To SATA
49,99 € (28% off)

SYS-D-3
Intel Xeon E3-1230v5 (4c / 8t -3,4GHz / 3,8GHz)
32GB DDR4 ECC 2133MHz
SoftRaid 4x480Go SSD
49,99 € (28% off)

VPS

Not recurrent.

On VPS SSD / Cloud / Cloud RAM

• 15% off on 6 months commitment
  • 30% off on 12 months commitment

Public Cloud

40% off instances with hourly billing using the code: DEALS40

Some domains + webhosting / hosted exchange offers too.

Cheers

Ninzo

Comments

• mrclownmrclown Member
    edited February 2020

I have been waiting. But no advanced series?

I think you posted LE1 and LE2 available locations opposite.

Thanked by 1ninzo59
  • India or any Asia location not on your list.

• ninzo59ninzo59 Member, Host Rep

@mrclown said:
    I have been waiting. But no advanced series?

I think you posted LE1 and LE2 available locations opposite.

No advance sorry,

Indeed about locations, thanks.

• Is the "Public Cloud" offer recurring pricing or not like VPS?

• https://www.ovh.com/asia/deals/

PUBLIC CLOUD

This special offer provides you with a promo code that gives you 40% off the price of any Public Cloud instance with hourly billing. Offer valid for any first-time orders of Public Cloud projects placed between 25th February 2020, 11:00 GMT, and 05th March 2020, 14:00 GMT. This special offer is limited to one use per customer account (NIC handle), and can only be used if you do not yet have any Public Cloud projects. This promo code is valid between 25th February 2020, 11:00 GMT, and 05th March 2020, 14:00 GMT. The promo code must be activated when you create a new Public Cloud project in the OVHcloud Control Panel. It applies in accordance with the standard pricing applicable and available on the OVHcloud website. To use the service, you will need to accept the applicable service conditions as described on the OVHcloud website, unless any SLAs apply. The discount provided by this promo code is valid until 31st March 2020, and it automatically deducted from your next bill. You will need to register a valid payment method on your OVHcloud customer account. For any orders paid via PayPal for this special offer, a total of thirty (30) dollars excluding GST will be debited in advance to activate the promotional code. It will give you thirty (30) dollars excluding GST of pre-paid credit, which will be valid for twelve (12) months from the date on which the code is activated for the Public Cloud instances. This pre-paid credit will be automatically deducted in full from your next bill. The credit does not have any monetary value and cannot be exchanged, transferred or refunded. Cannot be used in conjunction with any other special offers applicable to the service. To subscribe, you will need to accept the OVHcloud contractual conditions.

• So no, not recurring

• JamesFJamesF Member, Host Rep

Any news on better VPS’s with Better network speed and IO??

• thanks for the offer, but without 1gb I'd have to pass.

• I am surprised SYS lined up went back to OVH as LE1 with higher price for 500 Mbps.. Not attractive.

Only if LE2 is at the similar price range as LE1, gonna be nice bargain.

• 500 Mbps * 3600 * 30 = around 54 TB

Can OVH offer 1Gb port and limit to 50TB?

• CConnerCConner Member, Host Rep

I honestly don't understand why each model now has an enormous amount of disk space. Instead of that I'd like to see servers with a lower price.

• simply not attractive this time. or limited edition at all. :smile:

• @CConner said:
    I honestly don't understand why each model now has an enormous amount of disk space. Instead of that I'd like to see servers with a lower price.

What spec/price are you looking for?

• @greattomeetyou said:
    500 Mbps * 3600 * 30 = around 54 TB

3600 seconds? That's only an hour, not a day.

@greattomeetyou said:

@CConner said:

What spec/price are you looking for?

Just better prices. Some of the hardware is literally 7 or 8 years old and they're still charging 40+ euros for it

• @Doutei said:

@greattomeetyou said:
    500 Mbps * 3600 * 30 = around 54 TB

3600 seconds? That's only an hour, not a day.

You are right. My math was wrong.

• @CConner said:
    Just better prices. Some of the hardware is literally 7 or 8 years old and they're still charging 40+ euros for it

Exactly my opinion, you can find more attractive and new hardware for same or tad more with many EU / US providers

Back when OVH was one of the cheapest I could deal with the horrendous support, but since we've got Hetzner there aren't many reasons to not choose them. Since then a ton of better options in the US have also come to market.

• Why no Kimsufi sales? I love my cute little Kimsufi Servers and wanted to buy more.

• pgreggpgregg Member
    edited February 2020

@ps20090 said:
    Why no Kimsufi sales? I love my cute little Kimsufi Servers and wanted to buy more.

Me too. I'm overpaying for both of my current KS (price has dropped since I took it out years ago) and was looking to upgrade it - but @ninzo59 said during the Winter Sale that there would be a KS sale - so have been waiting for that.
    https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/3075335/#Comment_3075335

• If I'm not mistaking there have not been any sales on Kimsufi servers for 6 months (or more). Indeed @ninzo59 told there would be sales around the BF period ...

• If they showed us some love with some NVMes disks in the deals would of brought a few lol.

Any news when Game2 will be available in the UK? It would be nice to have more disk configurations as well in the Game range so I can play with them bad boy ryzens.

• Ya.. please NVMe .. LE or Promo.. Lolz

• dfroedfroe Member, Host Rep

@CConner said: but since we've got Hetzner there aren't many reasons to not choose them.

One reason might be the network / peering.

Your mileage may vary, but IMHO OVH has better connectivity, especially private peerings to large ISPs (DTAG, Vodafone, UPC, Telefonica, ...).

With Hetzner traffic to DTAG and UPC (probably serving most of the private internet connections in Germany) has to pass through Tier1 transit providers which can be congested during peak hours.

I grabed one of the SYS BF deals last November in OVH's Limburg DataCenter (1 ms from Frankfurt) and TBH I am really impressed how well it serves especially end-customers in Germany.

@pgregg said: but ninzo59 said...

Well, I wouldn't trust anything anybody from OVH says. Experience shows that you cannot trust anything before it is really there. I guess many of us are still waiting for the 500 Mbps upgrade for SYS which was announced years ago and repeated regularly.

• @dfroe: But please note that Hetzner will start direct peering with DTAG in April 2020.

• ninzo59ninzo59 Member, Host Rep

@dfroe said:

@CConner said: but since we've got Hetzner there aren't many reasons to not choose them.

One reason might be the network / peering.

Your mileage may vary, but IMHO OVH has better connectivity, especially private peerings to large ISPs (DTAG, Vodafone, UPC, Telefonica, ...).

With Hetzner traffic to DTAG and UPC (probably serving most of the private internet connections in Germany) has to pass through Tier1 transit providers which can be congested during peak hours.

I grabed one of the SYS BF deals last November in OVH's Limburg DataCenter (1 ms from Frankfurt) and TBH I am really impressed how well it serves especially end-customers in Germany.

@pgregg said: but ninzo59 said...

Well, I wouldn't trust anything anybody from OVH says. Experience shows that you cannot trust anything before it is really there. I guess many of us are still waiting for the 500 Mbps upgrade for SYS which was announced years ago and repeated regularly.

There will be KS flash sale. We are working on lot of new stuff (dedicated server, whatever the brand is) and sadly we have had no time to deal such flash sale on Kimsufi. I will do my best to run it on March (mid/end of month).

About the bandwidth you are right and it was a communication issue, for SYS at least. We didn't forget it, we just faced a lot of difficulties delivering it.

Have a good week end folks,

ninzo

Thanked by 2ps20090 mtsbatalha
  • @ninzo59 said:

There will be KS flash sale. We are working on lot of new stuff (dedicated server, whatever the brand is) and sadly we have had no time to deal such flash sale on Kimsufi. I will do my best to run it on March (mid/end of month).

About the bandwidth you are right and it was a communication issue, for SYS at least. We didn't forget it, we just faced a lot of difficulties delivering it.

Have a good week end folks,

ninzo

Thanks for the update. Looking forward to a KS sale (please make it happen in March). Preferably with perpetual pricing. :)

OVH is probably discovering that their investor money is running out, so they had to raise prices across the board. They also hoped we would forget about the Milan, Barcalona and Amsterdam datacenters that they promised would come 4 years ago.

• MechanicWebMechanicWeb Member, Patron Provider

@ninzo59 Do you provide internal DirectAdmin licenses for VPS and Dedicated servers? If yes, what are the prices and are they available in all locations?

• @MechanicWeb said:
    @ninzo59 Do you provide internal DirectAdmin licenses for VPS and Dedicated servers? If yes, what are the prices and are they available in all locations?

https://www.ovh.com.au/au/dedicated-servers/direct-admin.xml

around 9 EUR