Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

pbobp (free software billing panel)
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

pbobp (free software billing panel)

perennateperennate Member, Host Rep
edited November 2013 in General

We are currently developing a billing panel, pbobp, intended to eventually replace our WHMCS installation. pbobp is released as free (as in freedom) software under the GNU GPL v3. Currently it's in alpha stage, with it being generally usable but still missing a few key features. In particular it supports ticketing, invoices (with PayPal/CoinBase payments), product definition with groups/configurable fields/currencies (includes basic SolusVM module), shopping cart, automatic service activation/inactivation. Still missing product add-ons, WHMCS importation (username/password import is working; a plugin is needed if you don't want to force password reset, to support the password validation for WHMCS password type), invoice PDF.

The default template is a basic bootstrap layout. A plugin interface is working but needs more callable functions. A few things are defined as plugin interfaces: password storage, service interfaces, payment interfaces, captcha.

It is coded in PHP with modular design, might rewrite parts to some MVC framework. PDO is used for SQL backend.

If you're interested, see https://pbobp.lunanode.com/

Thanked by 4drazilox k0nsl FrankZ Lee

Comments

• ME ME ME ME ME ME ME

• ME ME ME ME ME ME ME - ACTUALLY, NAH.

• ME ME ME

• Wanna too ^^

• perennateperennate Member, Host Rep

Updated OP with link.

edited November 2013

Well, not sure how a general script to import services should work since each pbobp user (i.e., service provider) will have different products and options that they want to convert from/to.

edited November 2013

Oh, apparently the repository wasn't updated recently, I've updated it and will look into why it isn't updating automatically.

Edit: well, I set up cron to do git update-server-info so should work now

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited November 2013

Well done! Some talk, you do!

• Do you have any screenshots of the software in action?

Thanked by 1Hassan
    edited November 2013

@rmlhhd said:
    Do you have any screenshots of the software in action?

Ok -- https://pbobp.lunanode.com/screenshots/

It's still alpha.

Thanked by 1rmlhhd
  • @perennate said:
    It's still alpha.

Thanks

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

Nice one, one of the main things that is usually missing when people write these is the WHMCS import facility, I suspect and remotely functional panel with a lot of effort placed on a seamless import would absolutely dominate and destroy WHMCS.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@AnthonySmith said:
    Nice one, one of the main things that is usually missing when people write these is the WHMCS import facility, I suspect and remotely functional panel with a lot of effort placed on a seamless import would absolutely dominate and destroy WHMCS.

I'd settle for just making them sweat a little ;)

Everyone needs good competition to keep them in line.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider
    edited November 2013

I think they will sweat a lot more if people can simply click, 'import WHMCS database' [Upload] select modules then map a few fields and be done. they will lose 5 - 10% after every new exploit imo.

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

I gonna test it, thanks.

• Any chance for a virtualizor module?

@Kadar said:
    Any chance for a virtualizor module?

Well, I added feature request for it.

• Thanks! @perennate

The import_whmcs.php script now supports importing users, products, services, configfields, and configoptions. Haven't made many updates to the rest of pbobp though recently.

• I would like to translate it into French?

Is it easy to translate?

edited November 2013

@comeback There are separate language files in the language directory. Each plugin also has it's own language file though. I'd wait until first beta is released, since there aren't really descriptions for pages yet but that's something that ought to be added. Thanks.

• Just a quick suggestion, I would change the name for better SEO, try Googling "pbobp". But other than that it looks great!

• hopefully this wont be worse than WHMCS.

• @perennate

You should list server side requirements as that will ease the installation process.

edited November 2013

@ultimatehostings said:
    perennate

You should list server side requirements as that will ease the installation process.

The INSTALL file covers most of it

• MySQL
    • PHP >= 5.4
    • mcrypt library for PHP
    • OpenSSL linked with PHP recommended for random number generation

Also PDO extension, Mail_SMTP if you want to send through SMTP (instead of PHP mail function), probably some others.

• is there anyone installed it?? can give me screenshot?? or the link to demo?

I posted some screenshots earlier -- https://pbobp.lunanode.com/screenshots/

There isn't a demo.

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran
    edited November 2013

@perennate there are some erros in your sql files, i can't import some sql files.

Demo: http://46.22.208.219/pbobp/index.php but seems like some missing sql files broken register.

• Very nice!

edited November 2013

@Infinity580 said:
    perennate there are some erros in your sql files, i can't import some sql files.

Demo: http://46.22.208.219/pbobp/index.php but seems like some missing sql files broken register.

It seems like your SQL engine is cutting off the comment for the configuration because of the semicolon. That is strange;

mysql -u root -p pbobp < `cat sql/schema.sql sql/data_config.sql`

seems to work though. Anyway, you can try getting rid of the license information at the top of the SQL.