Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Corona Virus Fears? - Page 9
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Corona Virus Fears?

Comments

• pikepike Veteran
    edited March 2020

@ScienceOnline said:
    unlike other countries, such as Germany where they say they have almost no deaths and hospitalizations unlike the rest of the world (to date they declare 3476 infected, 46 hospitalized and 8 dead), in Italy every day the government makes a public bulletin with precise data and makes all medical data available to anyone, is respecting the scientific principles of sharing that can be useful to everyone.

Robert Koch Institut has a press conference each day, and updates all data between 5 and 6pm on their website. Some people say Italy is a week ahead of Germany, I hope this prooves wrong but you can't say yet.

https://www.rki.de/DE/Content/InfAZ/N/Neuartiges_Coronavirus/nCoV.html

• PulsedMediaPulsedMedia Member, Patron Provider

ScienceOnline said: I understand that from outside it is easy and reassuring to believe that in Italy there are many infections because it is a backward and disorganized country

Hmm... I would call Italy passionate and culturally rich country tho 🤔

• jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

@t0ny0 said:

@HostEONS said:

@t0ny0 said:

@momkin said:
    Is it true that you must pay if you want to do a covid-19 test in US ?

If you do not have a health insurance - yes.

Even in state of emergencies it's not free ? COVID-19 has has now become an epidemic

It seems developing countries like India are better in this case, Government hospitals are free here though they don't offer good medical services, but still they are free especially in cases of epidemic

They just announced that the tests will be free for all, insured and non-insured.

This was a logical no brainer. Glad it was announced.

• M66BM66B Veteran
    edited March 2020

@t0ny0 said:

@HostEONS said:

@t0ny0 said:

@momkin said:
    Is it true that you must pay if you want to do a covid-19 test in US ?

If you do not have a health insurance - yes.

Even in state of emergencies it's not free ? COVID-19 has has now become an epidemic

It seems developing countries like India are better in this case, Government hospitals are free here though they don't offer good medical services, but still they are free especially in cases of epidemic

They just announced that the tests will be free for all, insured and non-insured.

Are this the working or not working test kits ... ?

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/02/13/health/us-coronavirus-test-kits/index.html

• Vova1234Vova1234 Member, Patron Provider

2020 is a strange year. I am sick in the whole of February and March. That's terrible. Immunity fell, skin rashes through antibiotics even appeared. My throat ached severely, then there was a temperature. I recovered for a week. Then in the second round, now I get an acute respiratory viral infection.

Plus coronavirus everywhere, in newsletters, on sites, in data centers. Every day I see a million messages about him.

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

Vova1234 said: Plus coronavirus everywhere, in newsletters, on sites, in data centers. Every day I see a million messages about him.

Maybe the coronavirus is female...?

• Vova1234Vova1234 Member, Patron Provider

raindog308 said: Maybe the coronavirus is female...?

lol. Everything is possible.

• jackbjackb Member, Host Rep

@raindog308 said:

Vova1234 said: Plus coronavirus everywhere, in newsletters, on sites, in data centers. Every day I see a million messages about him.

Maybe the coronavirus is female...?

That's a bit presumptuous. It might be an Apache gunship.

Thanked by 1Francisco
  • raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

jackb said: That's a bit presumptuous. It might be an Apache gunship.

Naw, the way it's scalaing, must be an Nginx gunship.

Thanked by 2jackb Francisco
  • Any LET users got it yet?

• @corbpie said:
    Any LET users got it yet?

I hope not , i don't want to cleanup up my laptop with antiseptics :neutral:

• any benchmarks?

• cociucociu Member

corbpie said: Any LET users got it yet?

living in Romania with +4 millions people working in italy , spain , uk , de , and now all is came back to his country due of corona , i wait my ration here so ...

Thanked by 1pike
  • Coronavirus: From 93 infected to 0, what did this Chinese City do to contain the virus? (subtitled in English and Chinese)

• No offense meant... but if it is right that the virus spread from "wild animals" being sold for meat in Wuhan and given the history of SARS and other outbreaks that debuted in China, it would have been far far far better if you "stopped" adventuring food to so extremes and avoid the potential damage. The whole world is watching out and I can already see the banishment and hatred coming up for Chinese (and Chinese looking people). Will be sad but inevitable aftermath, high time for the Chinese to give up unsafe meat practices and avoid this... look what happened to the world for just some exoticism.

• If anyone still needs Toilet Paper. Amazon has Nancy Pelosi in stock.

https://www.amazon.com/Minch-Nancy-Pelosi-Toilet-Staring/dp/B07QM5RPS8

Thanked by 2dedipromo angelius
  • edited March 2020

@mehargags said:
    No offense meant... but if it is right that the virus spread from "wild animals" being sold for meat in Wuhan and given the history of SARS and other outbreaks that debuted in China, it would have been far far far better if you "stopped" adventuring food to so extremes and avoid the potential damage. The whole world is watching out and I can already see the banishment and hatred coming up for Chinese (and Chinese looking people). Will be sad but inevitable aftermath, high time for the Chinese to give up unsafe meat practices and avoid this... look what happened to the world for just some exoticism.

If it is really from wild animal, we would have more of these kinds of outbreak from a lot of other countries, e.g. African countries, even south east asia (Indonesia). They eat wild animals.

A few scientists had pointed out the virus was engineered in lab because of some DNA markings. Chinese researchers were publishing papers how they engineered this particular kind of virus. Because of above, some suggested the virus was leaked, esp. the outbreak happened in a location where a bio-lab is located.

• @greattomeetyou said:

@mehargags said:
    No offense meant... but if it is right that the virus spread from "wild animals" being sold for meat in Wuhan and given the history of SARS and other outbreaks that debuted in China, it would have been far far far better if you "stopped" adventuring food to so extremes and avoid the potential damage. The whole world is watching out and I can already see the banishment and hatred coming up for Chinese (and Chinese looking people). Will be sad but inevitable aftermath, high time for the Chinese to give up unsafe meat practices and avoid this... look what happened to the world for just some exoticism.

If it is really from wild animal, we would have more of these kinds of outbreak from a lot of other countries, e.g. African countries, even south east asia (Indonesia). They eat wild animals.

A few scientists had pointed out the virus was engineered in lab because of some DNA markings. Chinese researchers were publishing papers how they engineered this particular kind of virus. Because of above, some suggested the virus was leaked, esp. the outbreak happened in a location where a bio-lab is located.

Well, "leaked" suggestion being that the infected test animals get sold as food instead of industry practice of destroying (with fire?) it as hazardous waste. That's criminal incompetence, not so much adventurous eating. But I guess your point is, if there's no market for the meat, then no incentive for fall off the back of the lab meat.

US stock market futures are in limit-down already. Might be a tough day tomorrow in the markets.

Surprising considering a few hours ago the Fed reduced rates effectively to zero.

• Fox 29 Has just posted a Facebook post saying :

BREAKING The first dose of a potential COVID-19 vaccine will be administered Monday, according to a government official.

• SynatiqSynatiq Member
    edited March 2020

@corbpie said:

I was just asked to isolate for the next 7 days at home, including my boyfriend. Can’t wait for all the Switch fun I am going to have.

The U.K. no longer tests for Covid-19 at all. You’d only be admitted to a hospital if you cough blood or if you’re having a shortness of breath.

I have thoughts they’re going for the herd immunity plan they confirmed. Completely disregarding potential reinfection. The US does it for free and they don’t even have a Public Health Service.

Sitting in my bed with a 39.2C temperature right now, chest pain that started a week ago, and a cough. The chest pain did not improved after 5 days on antibiotics. The advise was fuckall until you cough blood or can’t breathe easily.

Take care of yourselves.

Thanked by 2TimboJones pike
  • @Synatiq said:

@corbpie said:

I was just asked to isolate for the next 7 days at home, including my boyfriend. Can’t wait for all the Switch fun I am going to have.

The U.K. no longer tests for Covid-19 at all. You’d only be admitted to a hospital if you cough blood or if you’re having a shortness of breath.

I have thoughts they’re going for the herd immunity plan they confirmed. Completely disregarding potential reinfection. The US does it for free and they don’t even have a Public Health Service.

Sitting in my bed with a 39.2C temperature right now, chest pain that started a week ago, and a cough. The chest pain did not improved after 5 days on antibiotics. The advise was fuckall until you cough blood or can’t breathe easily.

Take care of yourselves.

God bless you. Please report back.

Synatiq said: Sitting in my bed with a 39.2C temperature right now, chest pain that started a week ago, and a cough. The chest pain did not improved after 5 days on antibiotics. The advise was fuckall until you cough blood or can’t breathe easily.

Hope you feel better soon.

momkin said: BREAKING The first dose of a potential COVID-19 vaccine will be administered Monday, according to a government official.

Have a link to share? Thank you!

Thanked by 1Synatiq
  • MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@Synatiq said:

@corbpie said:

Take care of yourselves.

Paracetamol. Seems to be what people are taking here in Portugal.

Thanked by 1TimboJones
  • mehargags said: No offense meant... but if it is right that the virus spread from "wild animals" being sold for meat in Wuhan

The speculation above has not been proven. The origin of the virus is still unknown.

greattomeetyou said: A few scientists had pointed out the virus was engineered in lab because of some DNA markings. Chinese researchers were publishing papers how they engineered this particular kind of virus. Because of above, some suggested the virus was leaked, esp. the outbreak happened in a location where a bio-lab is located.

This is also speculation.

• SynatiqSynatiq Member
    edited March 2020

@greattomeetyou said:

@Synatiq said:

@corbpie said:

Take care of yourselves.

Thank you, stay well!

@MikePT said:

@Synatiq said:

@corbpie said:

Take care of yourselves.

Cheers. I typically only take meds if my temperature goes above 39.5 when it’s really unbearable. So far the pain is the same as a migraine, but you feel warm and cold at the same time + cough and chest pain.

Just got another call from an NHS doctor at 02:20am, told me to go to a hospital first thing when I get up for a CT scan.

God bless you all.

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@Synatiq said:

@greattomeetyou said:

@Synatiq said:

@corbpie said:

Take care of yourselves.

Thank you, stay well!

@MikePT said:

@Synatiq said:

@corbpie said:

Take care of yourselves.

Cheers. I typically only take meds if my temperature goes above 39.5 when it’s really unbearable. So far the pain is the same as a migraine, but you feel warm and cold at the same time + cough and chest pain.

Just got another call from an NHS doctor at 02:20am, told me to go to a hospital first thing when I get up for a CT scan.

God bless you all.

Yeah those are some symptoms.

Stay safe all of you mate.

Thanked by 1Synatiq
  • @Synatiq Mix salt and a bit of baking soda in luke warm water and try gargling 3-4 times a day. Drink lots of warm water. Use cpm tablet + paracetamol 500Mg(I hope you are adult) with doctor recommended anti biotic on 3 or 5 days course. Take rest. (If you are feeling tired, try some ors or glucose).

Dont forget to consult your doc(Not hostdoc!) asap.

Get well and be back to community soon. God bless you bro!

Thanked by 1Synatiq
  • jackbjackb Member, Host Rep

@Synatiq said:

@corbpie said:

Probably best make it 14.

Thanked by 1Synatiq
  • lorianlorian Member
    edited March 2020

Antibiotics against Viruses... :flushed:
    That's the easiest way to breed antibiotica-resistant bacteria... :innocent:
    Also, it stresses your body, which has enough to do with COVID-19.
    Get well!

Thanked by 2Synatiq hostdare