Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Corona Virus Fears? - Page 7
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Corona Virus Fears?

Comments

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@jbiloh said:
    Oil prices down nearly 30 percent right now. Wow.

Holy shit.

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

jbiloh said: This will cause markets to tank on Monday.

Saudi Arabia and Russia going to war over oil prices is also a factor, perhaps moreso than corona for Monday, mainly because of the shock.

The market is always in a state of overreaction to something.

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran
    edited March 2020

Noodles got rate limited, now you know we going into some seriously business.
    Still nothing prevents people to going to the next store over and over again.

I see no point of that peace of paper that tells you limited to 5 packs.
    Fucking useless.

Thanked by 2uptime Ympker
  • oi u got a license for them ramens mate?

Thanked by 1NobodyInteresting
  • @Synatiq said:
    Mortality rate calculations are flawed, and on purpose. They compare infections against deaths, instead of deaths per recovery, which is 10%, not 3%.

You need a head check. Either you die of infection or you recover. Mortality rate calculation flawed? More like your tin foil is too thick.

Thanked by 1MadRabbit

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-51810673

"To be clear: Italy is now closed. The entire country. "

Thanked by 1chiccorosso
  • I confirmed Italy is Closed... :'(

• jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

Neoon said: https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-51810673

This level of response is absolutely stunning as there is no precedent for it in the post-war era as far as I know (isolation of an entire Western Democratic country).

Thanked by 1chiccorosso
  • @poisson said:

@Synatiq said:
    Mortality rate calculations are flawed, and on purpose. They compare infections against deaths, instead of deaths per recovery, which is 10%, not 3%.

You need a head check. Either you die of infection or you recover. Mortality rate calculation flawed? More like your tin foil is too thick.

I think he's saying that saying deaths per infection doesn't factor in the cases not yet resolved.

So let's say 100K people are infected. 3000 people died and 77000 recovered. 20000 cases still not determined, so mortality rate is higher than 3%. But it wouldn't be a substantial jump to 10%, but out of the remaining 20000 cases, a percent will die and so out of 100K people, the actual death rate would be over 3%, not 3% as the deaths/infection calc goes.

So tl;dr he's saying calculations should use the final determination (recovered or died only) and not the in limbo diagnosis of people who are yet to recover or die.

Thanked by 2riot Synatiq
  • @ChrisMiller said:

If by "wiped out" you mean an afternoon nap, then yes.

Thanked by 1raindog308
  • For once, I am happy that I live in this country.. We are an island and have only one port of entry for the whole country :smiley:

• hiphiphip0hiphiphip0 Member
    edited March 2020

I see some Italians starting to ask other countries to block as soon as possible, because in Italy doctors have to choose who to rescue.
    Aggressive detection is only useful in highly concentrated areas.
    At present, there is no vaccine, no specific medicine, or even accurate detection methods. The cured person may be re-infected, and the recovered person may carry the virus for a long time. The virus will cause damage to various organs of the body, and some damage is irreversible.
    A few days ago, a netizen was still very good. Two days later, he became critically ill because of an inflammatory storm.
    According to the theory of six degrees of separation, the virus is closer than you think. The virus has a more serious impact on life than imagined. Trivia such as renal dialysis and flushing of infusion ports can be fatal without medical resources.

Thanked by 1chiccorosso
  • @deank - We need you in these troubled times. What is your prophecy?!

• hzrhzr Member
    edited March 2020

All of Google US is now supposed to be working from home. I believe any hourly/contractor support staff (like in-office cafeteria, coffeshops, etc, which are closed anyway) continue to get paid.

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • @jbiloh said:

Neoon said: https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-51810673

This level of response is absolutely stunning as there is no precedent for it in the post-war era as far as I know (isolation of an entire Western Democratic country).

Yes because there is no cure and it s all test. Hospital is full and only stop contagious hospital can breath

But how is in other European country?

• @PulsedMedia said:

This is starting to even remind me of Black Friday craze, this time everyone is looking for face masks which do nothing to protect you, and in the first place your location probably has 0 cases within 1000km radius to begin with.

This is good time to buy some stocks tho ;)

This turned out to be a terrible advice, stock prices plummeted.

• PulsedMediaPulsedMedia Member, Patron Provider

Obelus said: This turned out to be a terrible advice, stock prices plummeted.

No, this is still the time you keep on buying. 5 years from now when you look back this is just a blip on the chart and you will enjoy the massive gains :)
    Investing is not a 24 or 48hour period thing.

Thanked by 2raindog308 vimalware

@PulsedMedia said:

No, this is still the time you keep on buying. 5 years from now when you look back this is just a blip on the chart and you will enjoy the massive gains :)

Agreed. Smart incremental dollar cost averaging is the right thing to do at this point.

• @TimboJones said:

@poisson said:

@Synatiq said:

I think he's saying that saying deaths per infection doesn't factor in the cases not yet resolved.

So let's say 100K people are infected. 3000 people died and 77000 recovered. 20000 cases still not determined, so mortality rate is higher than 3%. But it wouldn't be a substantial jump to 10%, but out of the remaining 20000 cases, a percent will die and so out of 100K people, the actual death rate would be over 3%, not 3% as the deaths/infection calc goes.

So tl;dr he's saying calculations should use the final determination (recovered or died only) and not the in limbo diagnosis of people who are yet to recover or die.

Exactly my point.

Perhaps 10% was a bit of a stretch, as a lot of the cases have recovered in China at least.

Let's hope all other countries manage to keep it near the Chinese mortality rate. As of this minute, 631 have died in Italy, and for those 631 dead, only 724 have recovered. I don't see Italy or the UK being as robust as China in building a hospital in a week, despite 75+% of beds already being occupied here in England.

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

I'm not sure what's it like in London and Amsterdam now but I think I'm going to request for a refund and plan the trip whenever the situation has improved.

• YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited March 2020

@PulsedMedia said:

Just sitting this one out since I am a "passive" investor anyway. Not gonna touch anything before 40-50 years have passed. This is for when I'm old, anyway. I do have some P2P on Mintos but well..

edited March 2020

https://time.com/5791661/who-coronavirus-pandemic-declaration/

That took fucking long.
    At least they gonna spend $$$$ now to help affected countries.

The United States just canceled all travel to Europe for next 30 days. Wow that's a huge step.

• @TimboJones said:

@shillshocked said:
    Coronavirus, aka the Crown virus, patented by the Royal Family. They already have the vaccine. Will you get it, or will you get the special vaccine that Bill Gates wanted to reduce world population levels? :neutral:

https://beforeitsnews.com/alternative/2020/03/covid19-bioweapon-created-by-rothschild-and-royals-to-crash-china-economy-and-end-trump-re-election-2-3716438.html

Jesus Christ, have some common sense. You'd get better news from The Onion.

So why is the UK the only country in Europe Trump didn't ban flights from? He's paying heed to the royalty.

You'll be dead soon anyways, so this argument is pointless.

• some people said, corona can be cured with Cinchona

Maybe someone can say if it true or not?

• vedranvedran Veteran

@shillshocked said:
    So why is the UK the only country in Europe Trump didn't ban flights from? He's paying heed to the royalty.

Because he banned "only" 26 Schengen area countries and the UK is not one of them, wasn't even while they were still in the EU. There are 50+ countries in Europe so that's hardly the only one.