Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Corona Virus Fears? - Page 6
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Corona Virus Fears?

Comments

• shillshockedshillshocked Member
    edited March 2020

Coronavirus, aka the Crown virus, patented by the Royal Family. They already have the vaccine. Will you get it, or will you get the special vaccine that Bill Gates wanted to reduce world population levels? :neutral:

https://beforeitsnews.com/alternative/2020/03/covid19-bioweapon-created-by-rothschild-and-royals-to-crash-china-economy-and-end-trump-re-election-2-3716438.html

• Will the air conditioner technology able to stop the virus?

For example with (Sharp)Plasmacluster or (Panasonic)NanoEx

• NutterEndTalk.

Thanked by 1uptime
  • raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

Maybe coronavirus is a net positive for mankind...seems to be helping with global warming.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/asia/china-coronavirus-nasa-space-satellite-pollution-photo-image-a9366751.html

Thanked by 1Shot2
  • ErawanArifNugroho said: Will the air conditioner technology able to stop the virus?

>

No they won't. The virus is heavy (not flying in the air for the AC to filter) and tends to stay on your hand/skins so washing your hand regularly and use mask are better method.

Thanked by 1ErawanArifNugroho
  • @raindog308 said:
    Maybe coronavirus is a net positive for mankind...seems to be helping with global warming.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/asia/china-coronavirus-nasa-space-satellite-pollution-photo-image-a9366751.html

The corollary to that, is that once the factories turn on and need to work overtime to make up the losses, it'll be extra dirtier than usual.

• @shillshocked said:
    Coronavirus, aka the Crown virus, patented by the Royal Family. They already have the vaccine. Will you get it, or will you get the special vaccine that Bill Gates wanted to reduce world population levels? :neutral:

https://beforeitsnews.com/alternative/2020/03/covid19-bioweapon-created-by-rothschild-and-royals-to-crash-china-economy-and-end-trump-re-election-2-3716438.html

Jesus Christ, have some common sense. You'd get better news from The Onion.

• In India, first 3 cases were reported in my state, Kerala which is in Southern part of India. The health department took necessary steps and put them under isolation and follow ups were done nicely as per WHO protocol. We had experience in battling the most dangerous Nipah virus for last two years and spreading of Covid 19 virus is comparatively lesser than Nipah.

But now, when new cases are detected in Delhi and Rajasthan, I personally worry how they are going to handle it.

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

The latest out of Switzerland is no more hand shakes.

Otherwise there is no visible signs of concern. Seems like the global markets are starting to calm down some and realize the end of the world is not coming... a welcome change.

• EwokEwok Member

Corona is only a problem if you're old or a person at risk (HIV etc)

I'm more worried about the price of my groceries.

@Ewok said:

What part of the world do you live in?

• sgno1sgno1 Member

@Ewok said:

The vast majority of cases in China — 87% — were in people ages 30 to 79, the China Center for Disease Control reported last month based on data from all 72,314 of those diagnosed with Covid-19 as of Feb. 11. That probably reflects something about biology more than lifestyle, such as being in frequent contact with other people. Teens and people in their 20s also encounter many others, at school and work and on public transit, yet they don’t seem to be contracting the disease at significant rates: Only 8.1% of cases were 20-somethings, 1.2% were teens, and 0.9% were 9 or younger. The World Health Organization mission to China found that 78% of the cases reported as of Feb. 20 were in people ages 30 to 69.

• Hello,

I'm from Italy, one of coutry major hit to coronavirus in Europe. In my region, it's small and risk is low.

But I feel really protect about our sanitary system. Goverment is increase doctor, nurse and bed.

• deluxedeluxe Member
    edited March 2020

@sgno1 said:
    Only 8.1% of cases were 20-somethings

Only? :naughty: The population percentage of the 19-25 age bracket is 9%.

• SynatiqSynatiq Member
    edited March 2020

Mortality rate calculations are flawed, and on purpose. They compare infections against deaths, instead of deaths per recovery, which is 10%, not 3%.

You can't just disregard all the people who are still between dying and recovering. But hey, let's keep the capitalistic machine running till the last minute instead of closing borders like Russia did. I mean, who's going to provide food from Africa and other less developed countries if we did? This proves how terribly prepared we are when something you can't recover of arises.

I am moving to Greenland.

Thanked by 1Ouji
  • @deluxe said:

@sgno1 said:
    Only 8.1% of cases were 20-somethings

Only? :naughty: The population percentage of the 19-25 age bracket is 9%.

I read the same report somewhere else, 8.1% refers the percentage of youth in the infected cases.

• Google is preventing employees from traveling to Italy, Iran, Japan, and South Korea because of outbreaks of the coronavirus. Amazon is asking employees to defer all nonessential travel, which includes domestic travel within the US.

Both companies had already halted employee travel to China, and Google temporarily closed down its offices in China at the end of January.

Synatiq said: But hey, let's keep the capitalistic machine running till the last minute instead of closing borders like Russia did. I mean, who's going to provide food from Africa and other less developed countries if we did?

News flash: Africa has been a net importer of food for 50+ years, so you'll be condemning millions in that continent to death. But hey, being woke is more important than feeding people I guess, so keep that fist a-pumpin'.

PhilTechie said: Amazon is asking employees to defer all nonessential travel, which includes domestic travel within the US.

Which is kind of nuts because the CDC has made no such recommendation. They're not even recommending canceling most international travel.

Thanked by 1FrankZ
  • @raindog308 said:

PhilTechie said: Amazon is asking employees to defer all nonessential travel, which includes domestic travel within the US.

Which is kind of nuts because the CDC has made no such recommendation. They're not even recommending canceling most international travel.

When declaring a state of emergency in New York for coronavirus outbreak, New York Governor Andrew Cuomo said that he believed the CDC was slow in its response and slowing down the state. (1:02 - 1:08)

chihcherng said: When declaring a state of emergency in New York for coronavirus outbreak, New York Governor Andrew Cuomo said that he believed the CDC was slow in its response and slowing down the state. (1:02 - 1:08)

Trusting politicians vs. trusting scientists...

Thanked by 1TimboJones

Bloomberg: Italy Imposes Lockdown on 16 Million People to Combat Virus.
    https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-03-07/italy-to-impose-virtual-ban-on-entry-to-lombardy-corriere

Well the situation just got a lot more concerning. This will cause markets to tank on Monday. Imagine the human toll, too, given how incredibly poorly this was announced and executed.

• zevuszevus Member
    edited March 2020

@Synatiq said:
    Mortality rate calculations are flawed, and on purpose. They compare infections against deaths, instead of deaths per recovery, which is 10%, not 3%.

You can't just disregard all the people who are still between dying and recovering. But hey, let's keep the capitalistic machine running till the last minute instead of closing borders like Russia did. I mean, who's going to provide food from Africa and other less developed countries if we did? This proves how terribly prepared we are when something you can't recover of arises.

I am moving to Greenland.

It's not so flawed, look at Diamond Princess. It's best example you'll get of a 'controlled' sample. The average age of these passengers is quite high. Look at deaths (I think every single one of them in their 70's or 80's) and recoveries here.

... the only thing to keep in mind here is that these people were all given 'best' possible care, and in places with huge outbreaks, hospital spaces will presumably be limited.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/1099517/japan-coronavirus-patients-diamond-princess/

There are some reports that 7 died, others saying 6. May be related to these tests, or maybe someone died from something that wasn't COVID-19. No clue. I'll be liberal w/ it and go with 7. 279 recoveries then if we take the # showing no symptoms vs the total patients (and deduct the dead ppl). Deaths: 87 yr old Japanese man, 84 yr old Japanese woman, 'Japanese man in his 80s', 'man from Tokyo in his 80s', 'Tokyo woman in her 70s', 'UK man of unspecified age'. I don't have any details on this 7th that is reported in some places.

This is 2.5%, but with a demographic that is far older than typical.

• The problem is not mortality but too much contagious in same time and a lot need oxygen. Thats why

• zevuszevus Member

@chiccorosso said:
    The problem is not mortality but too much contagious in same time and a lot need oxygen. Thats why

yes, it overloads healthcare system. isn't italy giving preference for beds to ppl under 50? i think i read this somewhere.

if it is delayed until summer it should help some, less people in hospital with flu.

• @farsighter said:
    Mortality rates from corona are less than 0.5% if you're under 50 years old (given proper treatment). Not too much to worry about as long as health systems don't collapse.

Whether or not they collapse before a vaccine is found is a good question . If vaccine development is a matter of months I guess we'll be OK.

Vaccine/treatment is 6 months away, this is about the time Corona will peak (similar to SARS - 6-8 months to see peak after first discovered).

It's all over-hyped. It'll all blow over. Got more chance of a nuclear conflict Russia vs. USA over USA supporting ISIS/Al-CIAda in Syria (& Turkish soldiers fighting alongside Al-CIAda) etc

• jlayjlay Member

The company I work for suspended travel, and there's people whose entire job revolves around that. Not sure what they're doing now, probably lots and lots of video calls.

I finally got finance approve to meet my team (I'm in Texas, they're in MA) when all of this happened. Bummed it's not happening, but oh well - best to let this whole thing settle a bit before I push my luck

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

@asterisk14 said:
    It's all over-hyped. It'll all blow over. Got more chance of a nuclear conflict Russia vs. USA over USA supporting ISIS/Al-CIAda in Syria (& Turkish soldiers fighting alongside Al-CIAda) etc

Okay, that is a new one.
    Russia nor the US wont nuke each other.

There most be something far worse happen.

Oil prices down nearly 30 percent right now. Wow.