Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

PHP on Windows for Production.
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

PHP on Windows for Production.

For some reason, I need to run PHP (WordPress) on Windows for Production.

Production as in High Traffic Web REST API. In this case what's my options?

Can't really use the classic xampp or similar solution, because apache in windows is just sucks.

PHP on IIS?

Comments

• Why oh why would you use windows for this. Truly curious

• Somehow I see some mismatches here with word "production". Windows alone and windows + PHP :D

• Docker on Windows? Or any VM on Windows can do.

Basically, Apache on windows sucks because it's been built with minimal/optimal configs for small/medium machine, so if you try to push high traffic site or run it on a powerful machine, they will not take advantages of all the cores/RAM. Or you have to rebuilt the apache from source on Windows for your specific machine.

• Production and Windows.. rofl.. that's an unfortunate situation. Is WAMP still a thing? Oh you want IIS.. mate.. just run it and hope for the best.

• Like I said, this specific case need to use Windows. I know it's not ideal. But it's what it's. If there is a better alternative than IIS, I am all ears.

APACHE is just sucks on Windows, tried it. It's just horrible.

• maybe Caddy?

• yokowasisyokowasis Member
    edited February 2020

I have read somewhere nginx in windows the same as apache in Windows. It's not optimized enough to handle huge traffic PHP request.

Is this still the case?

• IIS

• Use IIS and setup a handler for PHP. That's the same way how Windows shared hosting works.

• MrRadicMrRadic Patron Provider, Veteran
    edited February 2020

Install IIS, get the web platform installer, install PHP via FastCGI - enjoy better performance/stability than Linux.

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

MrRadic said: Install IIS, get the web platform installer, install PHP via FastCGI - enjoy better performance/stability than Linux.

• isnt this is fairly documented on Microsoft website ? fastcgi and mapping it for iis to execute php ?

• Paragon...wt-nmp....

• JordJord Moderator, Host Rep

That sounds very painful....