Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Need Cheap SSD-based Dedi for my LEMP site
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Need Cheap SSD-based Dedi for my LEMP site

xdev44xdev44 Member
edited February 2020 in General

Hi,

Do you know any cheap ssd-based dedicated server? I will host my site (LEMP). I am currently using QuickPacket'ss $45 server (it's $50 originally) and it's working fine even though it's located in LA and my users are from Asia. However I realized that I cannot fully utilize the server's power.

I was using Digital Ocean vps before but my site is slow so I had to upgrade multiple times and it's quite expensive already that's why I switched to QuickPacket.

I only need SSD and at least 4 cores and 8gb ram (or higher).
Budget? I prefer around $20-25 or cheaper but I can go as high as $30.

Any suggestions?

Comments

• A decent VPS would probably work, there's extremely fast nvme with nexusbytes / @seriesn in LA which has ryzen processors, gonna beat any dedi for $30 out of the water.

Thanked by 1seriesn
  • Thanks, I'll check it.

• Well, any dedi is debatable...
    WSI/Nocix/Dedispec have a few options in your price range, as do OneProvider, SeFlow and Online.net. Of course, you have many more options in VPS (even ones with dedicated resources are available).

• FlamesRunnerFlamesRunner Member
    edited February 2020

@dahartigan

At some point though, around the $40-50 range you can grab a Hetzner E3 1275 v6 or Ryzen 1700X which will likely beat any VPS you can get (dedicated CPU vs. shared threads, a great deal more memory, a sh*t load of NVMe/SSD, unmetered bandwidth).

Now, at the $30 range, one of those Ryzen VPS servers will probably blow any $30 dedicated boxes away.

• I'll try VPS

• @xdev44 said:
    I'll try VPS

Join the family https://nexusbytes.com/cart.php?gid=16

Depending on usage case, vps might be an optimal and budget friendly solution:)

Thanked by 1xdev44
  • xdev44xdev44 Member
    edited February 2020

@seriesn i'm currently checking your packages

• PulsedMediaPulsedMedia Member, Patron Provider

@xdev44 we have minidedicated ryzen servers in Finland. It does fit even NVMe within your budget, and we got quite decent peering to Asia via RETN. https://pulsedmedia.com/zen-minidedi.php

• HarambeHarambe Member, Host Rep

I know @StockServers has LA dedis in you price range, but I don't think they have any SSD options on the cheap $20-25 stuff. Might be worth ticketing though if they can do a small SSD instead of a HDD?

Otherwise I'd agree on a beefy VPS w/ NVMe being a good option to get the most for your money

• Thanks for the suggestion @PulsedMedia and @Harambe