Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How to bypass geo-ip restrictions
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

How to bypass geo-ip restrictions

ArchieArchie Member
edited February 2020 in Help

There is a service based on TCP socket connection and it will check whether the source IP is from China, fornow I'm using proxy servers. Are there other approachs that the server is located out of the country and still treated as from China, cause connections through GFW are very unstable?

Comments

• LeviLevi Member
    edited February 2020

Wtf... are you for real? Everyone in China aged 6+ knows term VPN and everyone aged 7+ knows how to setup wireguard or at least OpenVPN. Sorry for rant, but c'mon!

• Would you mind specifying what the service is? Different service has different policy so it would be easier to help if you could share the name

• Depends on your app, some use windows + remote desktop services

• AbdAbd Member, Patron Provider

@Archie said:
    There is a service based on TCP socket connection and it will check whether the source IP is from China, fornow I'm using proxy servers. Are there other approachs that the server is located out of the country and still treated as from China, cause connections through GFW are very unstable?

GFW is too high. Might consider tricking / modifying the service itself to believe IP is from China?

• Abdullah7310 said: GFW is too high.

I suggest hiring some Mongolian hackers.

• emgemg Veteran

I am still trying to understand the requirements. Is the following correct?

• The system is located somewhere other than China. In other words, the system is NOT in China.
    • Outside services that use a TCP socket connection to determine the system's location CONCLUDE that the system is in China.
    • Even though the system appears to be in China, its internet traffic is NOT routed through the Great Firewall.

-> Did I state that correctly?

If true, then a VPN to a server inside China won't work, because its internet traffic will be routed through the Great Firewall.

I think you are looking for someone who can provide a system with an IP address that geolocates to somewhere in China, but is not physically in China and does not route through the Great Firewall.

I doubt you can find what you need. If you find someone, most likely they illegally hijacked the IP addresses through BGP. If they are willing to do that, who knows what other illegal activities they are doing, like stealing your credit card, perhaps?

Thanked by 1Archie
  • @emg said:
    I am still trying to understand the requirements. Is the following correct?

• The system is located somewhere other than China. In other words, the system is NOT in China.
    • Outside services that use a TCP socket connection to determine the system's location CONCLUDE that the system is in China.
    • Even though the system appears to be in China, its internet traffic is NOT routed through the Great Firewall.

-> Did I state that correctly?

If true, then a VPN to a server inside China won't work, because its internet traffic will be routed through the Great Firewall.

I think you are looking for someone who can provide a system with an IP address that geolocates to somewhere in China, but is not physically in China and does not route through the Great Firewall.

I doubt you can find what you need. If you find someone, most likely they illegally hijacked the IP addresses through BGP. If they are willing to do that, who knows what other illegal activities they are doing, like stealing your credit card, perhaps?

Yes, you are totally right, the system and my server are both out of China. I failed to find that kind of BGP service. I suppose if the system is using maxmind then I can submit fake geo-ip data or just hack maxmind db XD.

• @LTniger said:
    Wtf... are you for real? Everyone in China aged 6+ knows term VPN and everyone aged 7+ knows how to setup wireguard or at least OpenVPN. Sorry for rant, but c'mon!

exaggerated to extremity. wireguard is for niche-market, and yet there are people over 30 or even over 23 know nothing about VPN.

China is somewhat a weird country, but in terms of bypassing GFW, it is always true that ordinary people cannot make tech-things easily happen, esp. for their own online activities.

• pikepike Veteran
    edited February 2020

@aRNoLD said:
    it is always true that ordinary people cannot make tech-things easily happen

If you have enough coin you can make a lot of shit happen without having know-how on your own. e.g. sat uplink, own wires, expensive GFW specialized VPN service.

• try nordvpn.

• @pike said:

@aRNoLD said:
    it is always true that ordinary people cannot make tech-things easily happen

If you have enough coin you can make a lot of shit happen without having know-how on your own. e.g. sat uplink, own wires, expensive GFW specialized VPN service.

Money can get something done, and then that something is not a problem.
    Problem always exists.