Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Unlimited provider (prefer bulletproof)
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Unlimited provider (prefer bulletproof)

I'm looking to switch to a provider that offers unlimited bandwidth. Currently on a gbps connection but only get 30 TB/month. I would prefer a bulletproof provider/country as that is what I use now.

Thanked by 1ThatHostingGuy

Comments

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider
    edited February 2020

nice. why "bulletproof"?

• shillshockedshillshocked Member
    edited February 2020

Because free speech isn't free these days, and some providers have draconian rules. Particularly in some EU countries, where any speech they don't like is labeled as "hate speech" due to national law. I don't want to deal with a provider that is policing strict censorship on keywords.

• If it's anti-RU/anti-CN/etc, just host in US.

• DataIdeas-JoshDataIdeas-Josh Member, Patron Provider

@Francisco might have what you are looking for. I would say just read over the TOS/AUP and if all says good then you should be all golden.

edited February 2020

@hzr said:
    If it's anti-RU/anti-CN/etc, just host in US.

It's not anti-anyone in particular, but covers some touchy subjects that triggers free speech-limiting leftists.

To clarify, I'm looking for a dedi (which is what I currently have). Doing a lot of YouTube live streams simultaneously so I need the bandwidth, storage, RAM and CPU that a dedi provides.

One stream 24/7 in HD takes up to 15 TB/month. I'm looking to do 10-20 live streams potentially.

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@shillshocked said:

@hzr said:
    If it's anti-RU/anti-CN/etc, just host in US.

It's not anti-anyone in particular, but covers some touchy subjects that triggers free speech-limiting leftists.

So long as it's not "my botnet is free speech" kinda "bulletproof" then it should be fine on us.

We keep a "law of the land" approach. For free speech (especially political speech) the US is your best choice.

Francisco

• Your stock looks good vps-wise, but I need something a bit more bulky (ie. a dedi). I think a vps or cloud server wouldn't quite reach my needs.

edited February 2020

Would you be interested in colo?
    Could get a cheap server off ebay.

@shillshocked said:
    Your stock looks good vps-wise, but I need something a bit more bulky (ie. a dedi). I think a vps or cloud server wouldn't quite reach my needs.

How about...2 VPS?

Francisco

Thanked by 1TimboJones

Francisco does have a point. Could do 2-4096 slices and see where it goes.

edited February 2020

I think a colo could work. I don't really want to manage multiple VPS's...I have a hard enough time with all the services I currently use. :blush:

• @shillshocked said:
    I think a colo could work. I don't really want to manage multiple VPS's...I have a hard enough time with all the services I currently use. :blush:

A couple of BuyVM VPSes are infinitely easier to manage than a colo, IMHO. Literally the only problem will be being able to grab one before stock runs out.

• stefemanstefeman Member
    edited February 2020

far right wing political live streams with borderline racism according to the left? Francisco all the way then.. He even hosted daily stormer lol.

wont get more freedom of speech than that.

@stefeman said:
    far right wing political live streams with borderline racism according to the left? Francisco all the way then.. He even hosted daily stormer lol.

Everyone is racist in someones eyes.

Again, law of the land. Hate speech isn't against the law, no matter how terrible it is.

Francisco

Thanked by 2hyperblast sin
  • @Francisco said:
    the US is your best choice.
    Francisco

No, at least not Google aka YouTube. They will not limit your speech, but limit the benefits of political topics. Of course, still much better than those "free speech once per life" country. Personally, I'm quite active in anti-society speech.

Thanked by 1shillshocked
    edited February 2020

elliotc said: No, at least not Google aka YouTube. They will not limit your speech, but limit the benefits of political topics. Of course, still much better than those "free speech once per life" country. Personally, I'm quite active in anti-society speech.

There's a 99% chance that whatever the OP is posting, saying, etc, is already:

• Deplatformed on basically all sites minus bitchute
    • Has a writeup saying they're worse than Hitler
    • Multiple tweets calling for him to be censored even harder

People can scream the Orange Man is bad all they want but there's 30 nut jobs running on the other side all demanding people be silenced and have their 1st amendment rights taken away.

End of the day, my point is still valid. If you want somewhere that you can say whatever you want (that doesn't directly incite violence or crap like that), the USA is numba wan.

For us, I've already got a writeup on the New Yorker calling me a nazi. What are they going to do now? call me a Super Nazi?

Fucking communists.

Francisco

• @Francisco said:
    Fucking communists.

IMO, there's not even a "C" of Communism in modern "left" parties, movements and advocates.
    It's more like: "Clueless".

Thanked by 1shillshocked

@bikegremlin said:

@Francisco said:
    Fucking communists.

IMO, there's not even a "C" of Communism in modern "left" parties, movements and advocates.
    It's more like: "Clueless".

I'm not going to derail this thread more than I already have.

Either way, best of luck to the OP and their hunt.

Francisco

Thanked by 1shillshocked
  • @Francisco said:

@stefeman said:

Again, law of the land. Hate speech isn't against the law, no matter how terrible it is.

Francisco

You are so wrong there, hate speech is against the law if it discriminates a certain group of people which it usually does.

Thanked by 1TimboJones
  • jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited February 2020

@marvel said:

@Francisco said:

@stefeman said:

Francisco

You are so wrong there, hate speech is against the law if it discriminates a certain group of people which it usually does.

In the US? Show me that law :)

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hate_speech_in_the_United_States

edited February 2020

Fran, I think you misunderstood me, im just saying its good thing theres a rational host like you.

Hosting controversial topics does not make you a racist.

Ideally you should have both far left anarchy and far right sites on your node so nobody would care then.

Only stuff one should avoid and not give any space in the net is ISIS/Terrorism. far right or far left movements wanting for change is pretty normal these days.

Thanked by 1shillshocked
  • When your license to speak can be taken away, there is no free speech anymore.

Thanked by 1bikegremlin
    edited February 2020

@shillshocked said:
    When your license to speak can be taken away, there is no free speech anymore.

Then again, speaking ill of minority groups is frowned upon. I hope its just the usual right wing politics or about stopping refugee flow rather than 'lets kill/deport them" lol

But thats none of my business.

• jackbjackb Member, Host Rep
    edited February 2020

@shillshocked said:
    When your license to speak can be taken away, there is no free speech anymore.

Freedom of speech doesn't mean freedom of consequences. It just means the government isn't going to arrest you for what you say.

Private businesses are free to remove or deny customers as they wish, as long as the reason is not a protected characteristic where the business is (commonly sexuality, race, religion)

Nobody is obliged to provide a platform for people they disagree with. Many companies will choose not to involve themselves; others will dump customers they disagree with. Neither is anti freedom of speech.

Thanked by 1TimboJones
  • SoftShellWebSoftShellWeb Member, Patron Provider

If you require 150-300TB per month for streaming make sure to get a dedicated 1 Gbps line with your colocation provider.

• debaserdebaser Member
    edited February 2020

@Francisco said:
    End of the day, my point is still valid. If you want somewhere that you can say whatever you want (that doesn't directly incite violence or crap like that), the USA is numba wan.

That’s rich coming from a guy who voluntarily hosted a website that calls for destroying the Jewish race.

I’m all against calling anyone on the right nazis as some on the left seem to do today. But the Daily Stormer is actually a nazi outlet that advocates for genocide. If this fits in the same box as ‘orange man bad’ to anyone here then it’s clear that the Overton window has moved pretty far to the right.

The far right are a fucking bunch of crybabies anyway. Freedom of speech doesn’t mean freedom of consequence.

Disclosure: I’m in the right side of the political spectrum. No lefty communist here.

Thanked by 1angstrom
  • Western europe slowly waking up and doing something against fascists is a good sign to me. If this makes them flee to the US, even better! At best you don't limit it to your server, just leave and never come back. Heil Trump!

• PieHasBeenEatenPieHasBeenEaten Member, Host Rep

Well either hate it or love it. You can't look down on Fran for being neutral. So enough talk about what is morally correct in your eyes. Please carry it to the the cest pit.

• NyrNyr Community Contributor, Veteran

No one wants to be with a provider which feels the need to morally police which kind of content you can publish.

And indeed, the US is the place to go for either side of the spectrum, Europe is way more limited in that regard.

• pikepike Veteran
    edited February 2020

Because of history that is! And I don't attack Fran or any other host for stuff they host, that's nothing to shame a provider for. But people that spread fake news and do other nazi shit should be treated like the cancer they are.

Thanked by 1debaser