Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

$2.50/mo > 1 Core / 1 GB ECC / DDoS Protection / KVM / 1 Gbps
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

$2.50/mo > 1 Core / 1 GB ECC / DDoS Protection / KVM / 1 Gbps

SoftShellWebSoftShellWeb Member, Patron Provider

SoftShellWeb's LowEndTalk Special Plans!

www.SoftShellWeb.com

Contact us
Live Chat: https://softshellweb.com
Support Ticket: https://softshellweb.com/client/submitticket.php
Email us: [email protected]

Hello LowEndTalk! At SoftShellWeb we have prepared some special affordable and reliable KVM VPS plans with high bandwidth, in-house DDoS Protection and consistent performance, ready for all types of use.

We provide latest Linux OS Templates and you can also upload your Custom OS ISO.

KVM-SSD-1GB - From $2.50/mo - Order Now
1 Core @ 2.6 Ghz
1 GB ECC RAM
20 GB SSD Storage
2000 GB @ 1 Gbps (connection speed is limited to 50Mbit when bandwidth exceeded)
1x Dedicated IPv4
1x IPv6 /64 Subnet
DDoS Protection 600+ Gbps
Virtualizor control panel

KVM-SSD-2GB - From $4.00/mo - Order Now
2 Core @ 2.6 Ghz
2 GB ECC RAM
40 GB SSD Storage
4000 GB @ 1 Gbps (connection speed is limited to 100Mbit when bandwidth exceeded)
1x Dedicated IPv4
1x IPv6 /64 Subnet

KVM-SSD-3GB - From $6.00/mo - Order Now
3 Core @ 2.6 Ghz
3 GB ECC RAM
60 GB SSD Storage
6000 GB @ 1 Gbps (connection speed is limited to 100Mbit when bandwidth exceeded)
1x Dedicated IPv4
1x IPv6 /64 Subnet

KVM-SSD-4GB - From $7.00/mo - Order Now
4 Core @ 2.6 Ghz
4 GB ECC RAM
80 GB SSD Storage
8000 GB @ 1 Gbps (connection speed is limited to 100Mbit when bandwidth exceeded)
1x Dedicated IPv4
1x IPv6 /64 Subnet

Q: Do you offer ddos Protection?
A: Yes, all our hosting plans come with DDoS Protection included into the price. Our in-house DDoS Mitigation can filter Attacks up to 600+ Gbps.

Q: Can I Install a Custom OS ISO Available?
A: Yes, you can upload your Custom OS ISO Available inside the Virtualizor control panel.

Q: Is SoftShellWeb Eco-Friendly?
A: Yes, our datacenter is powered by green energy and we use natural cooling when the outside temperature is below 21°C.

Q: Are there any hidden charges?
A: No! Not with us, there are no hidden charges with any of SoftShellWeb's services or products.

Q: Where are the servers located?
A: The servers are located in Wormer, Netherlands.

Q: Is SoftShellWeb a reseller?
A: No, SoftShellWeb is not a reseller. We own all of our equipement and constantly expanding our capacities.

Q: Can I have adult contect on my website?
A: Yes this is fine as long as it is legal within the Netherlands and European Union.

Q: Do you have an affiliate program?
A: Yes! We offer a very competitive 10% recurring commission affiliate program; for more details visit our website!

Q: My order has been marked as Fraud?
A: Please open a support ticket, our staff will manually review your order.

SOFTSHELL HOSTING LTD registered in England and Wales, company number 11837824.

Comments

• ManishPantManishPant Member, Host Rep

@SoftShellWeb can i get a test IP or do you have LookingGlass ?

• I really want to try one, but my invoice was stuck in "Unpaid" even though I paid (and confirmed) it in BTC already. This will gonna be a long waiting game...

• SoftShellWebSoftShellWeb Member, Patron Provider

Apologies for the wait @ricannardo if your service is still not active please open a support ticket with us and we will sort it out immediately!

• And no credit/debit card payment, PayPal only? :(

Hi @raynor you can pay with credit/debit cards via PayPal checkout option without the need for an account!

Thanked by 1raynor
  • @ManishPant said:
    @SoftShellWeb can i get a test IP or do you have LookingGlass ?

I posted information on their AS in the previous offer thread. They asked not to have IP posted, but if you go check you can probably figure out a test IP.

Effectively they are single-homed to he.net with RETN as back-up for networks which don't have he.net in their blend.

Cheers!

• raynorraynor Member
    edited February 2020

dd if=/dev/zero of=testfile bs=64k count=16k conv=fdatasync
    1073741824 bytes (1,1 GB) copied, 29,9194 s, 35,9 MB/s
    Are you under rocket fire or what?
    VPSID : 402

• How do you handle copyright claims? dmca?

@raynor said:
    dd if=/dev/zero of=testfile bs=64k count=16k conv=fdatasync
    1073741824 bytes (1,1 GB) copied, 29,9194 s, 35,9 MB/s
    Are you under rocket fire or what?
    VPSID : 402

Hello, please open a support ticket from your account with us and we will resolve it as soon as possible!

Thanked by 1raynor
  • Issue bombed solved. Thank you.

@raynor said:
    Issue bombed solved. Thank you.

You're welcome :)

Thank you for the update!

@jahrinc said:
    How do you handle copyright claims? dmca?

We don't allow material that is copyrighted in the Netherlands.

• TheLinuxBugTheLinuxBug Member
    edited February 2020

@SoftShellWeb

So it seems that your implementation of IPv6 on your servers is broken. I bought a server and the /64 provided doesn't work at all. I have opened a ticket (I did get a response that it is being checked into ~10 hours ago, nothing since), however, that really should be something you have addressed and working without customers having to ticket about it. I would imagine any new customer would currently end up in the same position. I would have expected this to be something that would just work...

Not complaining about ticket response time, more so surprised you provide IPv6 and it just doesn't work from the go.

Cheers!

• Hello, I would like to ask if VPS KVM-SSD-4GB allows installing windows server 2012 r2 trial? type of CPU are you using?

• @TheLinuxBug said:
    @SoftShellWeb

So it seems that your implementation of IPv6 on your servers is broken. I bought a server and the /64 provided doesn't work at all. I have opened a ticket (I did get a response that it is being checked into ~10 hours ago, nothing since), however, that really should be something you have addressed and working without customers having to ticket about it. I would imagine any new customer would currently end up in the same position. I would have expected this to be something that would just work...

Not complaining about ticket response time, more so surprised you provide IPv6 and it just doesn't work from the go.

Cheers!

Since they are using virtualizor, you would need to generate IPv6 address within the control panel or manually configure network file to have atleast 1 active v6 :)

• TheLinuxBugTheLinuxBug Member
    edited February 2020

@seriesn said:

@TheLinuxBug said:
    @SoftShellWeb

Cheers!

Since they are using virtualizor, you would need to generate IPv6 address within the control panel or manually configure network file to have atleast 1 active v6 :)

I did, and actually, their template also looks to add one by default and set it up, which is what I tried specifically before modifying the OS to make sure the configuration. Simply put, can't ping the default route even with an IP added on the interface and the default route added. Somethings a bit messed up on the config side there, not sure what.

This isn't my first rodeo and I generally do my own due diligence before I come here and provide feedback / criticize -- If I am seeing this issue as someone with experience, then I imagine those with less would be really confused why it wasn't working at all, so seems like something that may effect any new purchaser of their service and should probably be addressed.

my 2 cents.

Cheers!

• @TheLinuxBug said:

@seriesn said:

@TheLinuxBug said:
    @SoftShellWeb

Cheers!

I did, and actually, their template also looks to add one by default and set it up, which is what I tried specifically before modifying the OS to make sure the configuration. Simply put, can't ping the default route even with an IP added on the interface and the default route added. Somethings a bit messed up on the config side there, not sure what.

This isn't my first rodeo and I generally do my own due diligence before I come here and provide feedback / criticize -- If I am seeing this issue as someone with experience, then I imagine those with less would be really confused why it wasn't working at all, so seems like something that may effect any new purchaser of their service and should probably be addressed.

my 2 cents.

Cheers!

Ah!
    My bad :), thanks for doing the due diligence. Definitely sounds like something on the providers end if that's the case.

@TheLinuxBug

Apologies for the inconvenience! Our upstream provider had some issues with the IPv6 interface, which has been resolved now.

• difidifi Member

@TheLinuxBug @SoftShellWeb

I've been having the same IPv6 connectivity issue since last Thursday.
    Looks like it still han't been fixed unfortunately.