Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

HostPoco Scam
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

HostPoco Scam

anonym_useranonym_user Member
edited February 2020 in Providers

I just want to let you guys (and google) know don't use any service of HostPoco.com.
It's an indian scamming company which uses nulled themes and a nulled version of WHM/cPanel. They build "reputation" on review sites using fake review.

Do you guys know if @ioflood , which is their server/IP provider, is scam too?

Comments

• AndruAndru Member
    edited February 2020

Never heard about them.. where did you find them lol..

• LeeLee Veteran
    edited February 2020

No @ioflood is not a scam, neither are they responsible for every action of their customers. Whoever hostpoco is, have you got something to back up the use of a nulled WHM/cPanel?

• gazmullgazmull Member
    edited February 2020

Domain seems legit on WHMCS license check. Also some concrete proofs are appreciated.

• anonym_useranonym_user Member
    edited February 2020

@Lee said:
    No @ioflood is not a scam, neither are they responsible for every action of their customers. Whoever hostpoco is, have you got something to back up the use of a nulled WHM/cPanel?

Not really I contacted cPanel and they checked the license.
    They send me a mail they forward it to the legal department yesterday (https://i.imgur.com/pcSRRLE.png).
    But however I think it understandable that they don't provide me with any additional information.

Edit:
    They are responsible at some point. If they know there are illegal actions happening they have the responsibility to do something e.g. report it to the local law enforcement.

@gazmull said:
    Domain seems legit on WHMCS license check. Also some concrete proofs are appreciated.

https://imgur.com/a/usNZlwG

• Looks like OP is angry cause he did not get his money back :smiley:

edited February 2020

@samipy said:
    Looks like OP is angry cause he did not get his money back :smiley:

Lol, I'm sure I get the money back from paypal by opening a dispute.
    That's not the thing that makes me angry, it's because they just suspend your account you had prepaid for 1y in advance (and used the service for less that 1m) without any notice.

And the reason for the suspend is that I asked why the dedicated IP I purchased is used by over 600 different websites.
    So next time I ask "Sir, can you provide me a dedicated IP which is shared with max. 500 websites please? I'm willing to pay an extra of $5/m for this.".

I know it was just $160 but should a company handle it like they did?

• Never heard of

• 1gservers1gservers Member, Patron Provider
  • LeeLee Veteran

anonym_user said: Not really

Ok leave it there, not really means you have nothing to back up your claims, GTFO.

Thanked by 1ViridWeb
  • @anonym_user said: nulled version of WHM/cPanel

Did you actually verify the license yourself before posting here? If so, when? As of now they seem to have a legit license.

• TheLinuxBugTheLinuxBug Member
    edited February 2020

@anonym_user said:

@samipy said:
    Looks like OP is angry cause he did not get his money back :smiley:

Lol, I'm sure I get the money back from paypal by opening a dispute.
    That's not the thing that makes me angry, it's because they just suspend your account you had prepaid for 1y in advance (and used the service for less that 1m) without any notice.

And the reason for the suspend is that I asked why the dedicated IP I purchased is used by over 600 different websites.
    So next time I ask "Sir, can you provide me a dedicated IP which is shared with max. 500 websites please? I'm willing to pay an extra of $5/m for this.".

I know it was just $160 but should a company handle it like they did?

The better question is WTF would you pay a company you don't know for a year of service in advance? Sounds like instead of doing your research or even testing the host you just blindly purchased an account for a year. This is where you went wrong, why WHY would you purchase a year long account from an unknown small business that you can't even verify has been reliable or in business for any real amount of time?

For example, there is a reason why on this forum we require a host to have been around for a while before we allow them to sell yearly services, this is because it seems the common person is too gullible, doesn't do any research and a lot of silly people were buying 1 year long service periods from brand new companies which there was no reason to believe would actually be in business in a year.

Always purchase a service account for a month first. If there is some too good to be true deal, it likely is too good to be true. Additionally, if they are any decent company, if you e-mail them first and say, "Hey I am interested in your XYZ deal, but do you think it would be possible to have a 1 month contract first and if all goes well renew under the longer deal?" it is possible they would extend the deal to you still. While I would still advise against a 1 year contract regardless, this is still better than taking a GAMBLE on a whole year of service before you even know the quality of what you're getting.

Unless the company is Google, Tencent, Alibaba, Amazon, Singlehop or other LARGE and well established companies that have been around and will continue to be, really hosting accounts are so cheap that there is no reason you can't find a reasonable account with a month-to-month payment so you don't have to worry about this type of issue -- if the server doesn't work out, just cancel next month and move. Shared hosts are a dime a dozen.

my 2 cents.

Cheers!

Thanked by 1gazmull
    edited February 2020

@saibal said:
    Did you actually verify the license yourself before posting here? If so, when? As of now they seem to have a legit license.

WHMCS != cPanel/WHM

@TheLinuxBug said:

The better question is WTF would you pay a company you don't know for a year of service in advance? Sounds like instead of doing your research or even testing the host you just blindly purchased an account for a year. This is where you went wrong, why WHY would you purchase a year long account from an unknown small business that you can't even verify has been reliable or in business for any real amount of time?

For example, there is a reason why on this forum we require a host to have been around for a while before we allow them to sell yearly services, this is because it seems the common person is too gullible, doesn't do any research and a lot of silly people were buying 1 year long service periods from brand new companies which there was no reason to believe would actually be in business in a year.

Always purchase a service account for a month first. If there is some too good to be true deal, it likely is too good to be true. Additionally, if they are any decent company, if you e-mail them first and say, "Hey I am interested in your XYZ deal, but do you think it would be possible to have a 1 month contract first and if all goes well renew under the longer deal?" it is possible they would extend the deal to you still. While I would still advise against a 1 year contract regardless, this is still better than taking a GAMBLE on a whole year of service before you even know the quality of what you're getting.

Unless the company is Google, Tencent, Alibaba, Amazon, Singlehop or other LARGE and well established companies that have been around and will continue to be, really hosting accounts are so cheap that there is no reason you can't find a reasonable account with a month-to-month payment so you don't have to worry about this type of issue -- if the server doesn't work out, just cancel next month and move. Shared hosts are a dime a dozen.

my 2 cents.

Cheers!

How could any business grow if no one risks a shit and tries it?
    And why you shouldn't use a discounted 1y contract? If you pay by CC or paypal your money should be safe.
    I hopped on many small company because they care.

Arn't those "legit" companies you name the biggest scammer on our planet?

• TheLinuxBugTheLinuxBug Member
    edited February 2020

And why you shouldn't use a discounted 1y contract? If you pay by CC or paypal your money should be safe.

I don't understand, then why the are you complaining / here? If you knew the risk going in, then why did you even come here and post this? Just get your money back and move on.

By opening a thread like this, are you not just doing the exact opposite of what you just stated you wanted to do, help a small business grow? If you care about helping small businesses, instead of running to open a thread here to bash them, you would have been more patient and tried to work things out. Instead, you raged and came here and posted instead. So it seems like you really don't care about helping small businesses unless everything works out just perfectly for you? Most smaller businesses employ only a few staff and or outsource support, so it often takes more patients when working with them, my guess is you got rude in your replies and then instead of wasting their time they just suspended your account and moved on.

By your logic, we should only help out small companies if they provide a large company amount of services and if they fail to do so deserve to be berated and then slammed in the public for not doing exactly what you wanted them too.

If you ask me, you seem like a hypocrite.

my 2 cents.

Cheers!

• LeeLee Veteran

anonym_user said: Arn't those "legit" companies you name the biggest scammer on our planet?

Tell me again how it's working out for you at HostPoco.

• @TheLinuxBug said:

I don't understand, then why the are you complaining / here? If you knew the risk going in, then why did you even come here and post this? Just get your money back and move on.

By opening a thread like this, are you not just doing the exact opposite of what you just stated you wanted to do, help a small business grow? If you care about helping small businesses, instead of running to open a thread here to bash them, you would have been more patient and tried to work things out. Instead, you raged and came here and posted instead. So it seems like you really don't care about helping small businesses unless everything works out just perfectly for you? Most smaller businesses employ only a few staff and or outsource support, so it often takes more patients when working with them, my guess is you got rude in your replies and then instead of wasting their time they just suspended your account and moved on.

By your logic, we should only help out small companies if they provide a large company amount of services and if they fail to do so deserve to be berated and then slammed in the public for not doing exactly what you wanted them too.

If you ask me, you seem like a hypocrite.

my 2 cents.

Cheers!

For me it seems like you are in hosting business and it seems like you are against the free of speech. Thanks for pointing everything out.
    I really hope that your client will never need your help, because it seems like you won't provide any help to them.
    If you ask me, you seem like a capitalist. Come on let's make some money, fuck morality!

• deankdeank Member, Troll

God, so much PMS.

Thanked by 1anonym_user