Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

HostSolutions.ro Down?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

HostSolutions.ro Down?

hi guys, i have a shared hosting on hostsolutions.ro and they web site and mine doesnt open. anyone have same problem?

Comments

• letboxletbox Member, Patron Provider

Seems down for me now.

• pikepike Veteran
    edited February 2020

My VPS with them are online. I connect from Vodafone in germany.

• Both of my systems appear to be online coming from the States though their website is non-responsive.

• mike1smike1s Member
    edited February 2020

Their website is down here also.

• https://www.isitdownrightnow.com/hostsolutions.ro.html

Must be temporary. Give the guys a break :-)

• Pinging @cociu

secure.hostsolutions.ro still works if you want to place an order, etc. I'm still doing reinstalls, reboots, etc. successfully. Just seems that the front end website isn't up.

• Welp, seems like I got a wrong time to order to them since their BTC payment also doesn't work.

• Yes, their main portal is down for 4 hours. No update yet!

• Maybe the boss is studying English

• JordJord Moderator, Host Rep

Maybe they are upgrading the server.

Thanked by 1fingon
  • Fried HTML.

• Down for me too. :neutral:

• our webserver was block , giving a reboot.

Thanked by 2uptime sgno1
  • @ricannardo said:
    Welp, seems like I got a wrong time to order to them since their BTC payment also doesn't work.

Create a ticket. They can give you a receiving BTC address for you.

Thanked by 1lentro
  • @cgs3238 said:
    Maybe the boss is studying English

busy with sister ?

• LeeLee Veteran

Willing to contribute $5 to keep it down.

Thanked by 1TimboJones
  • @cgs3238 said:
    Maybe the boss is studying English

hahahahahah

• I think it's the annual fsck.

Thanked by 1raindog308
  • dfroedfroe Member, Host Rep
    edited March 2020

Currently they are working on their internal network, fixing switches etc. which results in limited bandwidth (3-4 Mbit/s) and >50ms additional latency from my server to their wan router since one month.
    I am optimistic that at some point in the future their network will operate normally again. Whenever this will be..

• sister is down.

• JordJord Moderator, Host Rep

Don't forget the fartmothers......

• @dfroe said:
    Currently they are working on their internal network, fixing switches etc. which results in limited bandwidth (3-4 Mbit/s) and >50ms additional latency from my server to their wan router since one month.
    I am optimistic that at some point in the future their network will operate normally again. Whenever this will be..

It's been this way for a month, or since the first of the month? Either way, that's not acceptable.

edited March 2020

According to my monitoring the network quality isn't good since Q4/2019, packet loss >10% every other day for at least 10 minutes. Since February the situation became even worse. I opened another ticket on February 23th. They are working on the issue, fixing WAN fibers, adding links to congested switch uplinks, telling me about noisy neighbours in my rack and latest news are that some switches should be replaced next week. So there is progress. But everything is really slowly. Just to provide some transparency, at least for me and my server/rack the promised increased of quality has not yet arrived. I do not know whether their whole network is screwed up or it really only affects my rack. I requested to swap my server into another working rack multiple times end of February but it didn't happen either. I am using this server only as a cold backup storage, but besides that it is quite pointless.

If you have a look at the Smokeping graph from my server to google dns (same to other destinations) during the last 10 days, it is really scary. :open_mouth:
    SmokePing Graph

Thanked by 3donko ofit vimalware
  • @dfroe said:
    According to my monitoring the network quality isn't good since Q4/2019, packet loss >10% every other day for at least 10 minutes. Since February the situation became even worse. I opened another ticket on February 23th. They are working on the issue, fixing WAN fibers, adding links to congested switch uplinks, telling me about noisy neighbours in my rack and latest news are that some switches should be replaced next week. So there is progress. But everything is really slowly. Just to provide some transparency, at least for me and my server/rack the promised increased of quality has not yet arrived. I do not know whether their whole network is screwed up or it really only affects my rack. I requested to swap my server into another working rack multiple times end of February but it didn't happen either. I am using this server only as a cold backup storage, but besides that it is quite pointless.

If you have a look at the Smokeping graph from my server to google dns (same to other destinations) during the last 10 days, it is really scary. :open_mouth:
    SmokePing Graph

Wow, ain't nobody got time for that. You should move your server elsewhere. That is if you value your time at all. The value proposition is gone when you need to spend time babysitting it and have reliability issues.

• LeeLee Veteran

Don't know why anyone is surprised.

I am only using that particular dedi as cold backup and VM playground without any SLA.
    I once grabbed that server for 15 EUR/month and as long as it works "most of the time" it's okay for that purpose.

Of course I don't consider placing any productive services there.
    Maybe if the network was reliable but my/our experience shows it definitely isn't.

For comparison, that's how a ping to google dns should look like (from my primary productive server, OVH Limburg DE).

SmokePing OVH

Like always, you get what you pay for, and even more important, keep realistic expectations. Every provider out there has his niche. And HS has never been famous for their network or support. :)

• yokowasisyokowasis Member
    edited March 2020

@TimboJones said:

@dfroe said:

It's been this way for a month, or since the first of the month? Either way, that's not acceptable.

I don't know why you think that's not acceptable. This is @cociu we talking about. You either accept, or leave it.

Thanked by 2elliotc Tr33n
  • @yokowasis said:

@TimboJones said:

@dfroe said:

I don't know why you think that's not acceptable. This is @cociu we talking about. You either accept, or leave it.

I don't know why you think that's acceptable, unless you don't value your time or quality of experience.

@TimboJones said: [...] unless you don't value your time or quality of experience.

Well, that depends on the point of view - or what you do with it. ;)

Now I do have an amazing SmokePing alert which weights the packet loss exponentially over the last two hours together with a hysteresis and in turn dynamically adjusts the BGP metrics within my virtual DNS anycast lab.
    It's all about learning. :)

This messy network with sometimes completely random latency and packet loss was the best environment for me to get a real feeling how such a weighted packet loss formula and the hysteresis behaves in real life. It actually saved me the time to create a simulated lab for that purpose. :)

Thanked by 1TimboJones