Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hetzner Online chitchat - Page 4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Hetzner Online chitchat

Comments

• uzaysanuzaysan Member
    edited April 2020

@mca5701 said:

@Hetzner_OL said:
    There's some great news today for people who like our Hetzner Cloud products. Some people might even call it epic news. I mean EPYC.
    --Katie

Great, now I have more granular option... very tempting CPU and storage combination.

this is bench.sh I run on new CPX11:

CPU model            : AMD EPYC Processor (with IBPB)
    Number of cores      : 2
    CPU frequency        : 2495.310 MHz
    Total size of Disk   : 38.1 GB (1.1 GB Used)
    Total amount of Mem  : 1941 MB (134 MB Used)
    Total amount of Swap : 0 MB (0 MB Used)
    System uptime        : 0 days, 0 hour 4 min
    Load average         : 0.11, 0.07, 0.02
    OS                   : CentOS 8.1.1911
    Arch                 : x86_64 (64 Bit)
    Kernel               : 4.18.0-147.5.1.el8_1.x86_64
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    I/O speed(1st run)   : 881 MB/s
    I/O speed(2nd run)   : 1.0 GB/s
    I/O speed(3rd run)   : 951 MB/s
    Average I/O speed    : 952.0 MB/s
    Node Name                       IPv4 address            Download Speed
    CacheFly                        205.234.175.175         79.2MB/s
    Linode, Tokyo2, JP              139.162.65.37           8.99MB/s
    Linode, Singapore, SG           139.162.23.4            14.1MB/s
    Linode, London, UK              176.58.107.39           132MB/s
    Linode, Frankfurt, DE           139.162.130.8           233MB/s
    Linode, Fremont, CA             50.116.14.9             14.8MB/s
    Softlayer, Dallas, TX           173.192.68.18           11.1MB/s
    Softlayer, Seattle, WA          67.228.112.250          10.7MB/s
    Softlayer, Frankfurt, DE        159.122.69.4            90.9MB/s
    Softlayer, Singapore, SG        119.81.28.170           10.0MB/s
    Softlayer, HongKong, CN         119.81.130.170          7.57MB/s

I/O speed much better than regular CX11 (skylake)

I'm using CX11 currently and IO speeds are looks higher than your test. But network performance is better in your test.

CPU model            : Intel Xeon Processor (Skylake, IBRS)
    Number of cores      : 1
    CPU frequency        : 2100.000 MHz
    Total size of Disk   : 19.1 GB (3.8 GB Used)
    Total amount of Mem  : 1945 MB (374 MB Used)
    Total amount of Swap : 0 MB (0 MB Used)
    System uptime        : 1 days, 2 hour 48 min
    Load average         : 0.07, 0.04, 0.01
    OS                   : Ubuntu 18.04.4 LTS
    Arch                 : x86_64 (64 Bit)
    Kernel               : 4.15.0-96-generic
    I/O speed(1st run)   : 901 MB/s
    I/O speed(2nd run)   : 1.1 GB/s
    I/O speed(3rd run)   : 1.2 GB/s
    Average I/O speed    : 1085.4 MB/s
    Node Name                       IPv4 address            Download Speed
    CacheFly                        205.234.175.175         99.4MB/s      
    Linode, Tokyo2, JP              139.162.65.37           7.08MB/s      
    Linode, Singapore, SG           139.162.23.4            11.4MB/s      
    Linode, London, UK              176.58.107.39           48.2MB/s      
    Linode, Frankfurt, DE           139.162.130.8           118MB/s       
    Linode, Fremont, CA             50.116.14.9             9.83MB/s      
    Softlayer, Dallas, TX           173.192.68.18           7.89MB/s      
    Softlayer, Seattle, WA          67.228.112.250          8.00MB/s      
    Softlayer, Frankfurt, DE        159.122.69.4            82.2MB/s      
    Softlayer, Singapore, SG        119.81.28.170           9.02MB/s      
    Softlayer, HongKong, CN         119.81.130.170          6.63MB/s      

I've never used this vps in full performance. I'm running a small node app for development and never went to full scale. Maybe thats the reason

Thanked by 1mca5701
  • Hetzner_OLHetzner_OL Member, Top Host

angstrom said: You guys are quick! I like that image with an outline of a fossa in the background :smile:

Yeah, our team was really speedy this time! I'll pass that feedback about the fossa onto the colleague who did the graphic. I like it a lot, too. ;) --Katie

Thanked by 1angstrom

@debaser - I think it would be best if you asked this question via a support ticket because I think you'll get a quicker answer that way and your ticket will go to the right department. --Katie

@uzaysan Thanks for sharing the bench. How long have you been using Hetzner Cloud? --Katie

• @Hetzner_OL said:
    @debaser - I think it would be best if you asked this question via a support ticket because I think you'll get a quicker answer that way and your ticket will go to the right department. --Katie

Of course. I was just wondering if it was just me. It’d just look odd to me that Hurricane would block multiple or all Hetzner subnet from using this tool.

• @Hetzner_OL said:
    @uzaysan Thanks for sharing the bench. How long have you been using Hetzner Cloud? --Katie

Around 7-8 months I've been hetzner member. I can't remember the exact time.

• @Hetzner_OL said:

Actually I checked now. And Its almost a year.(over 11 months)

Thanked by 1Hetzner_OL

Fedora 23 is out and we've already put it on Hetzner Cloud for you to use.

--Katie

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • p50p50 Member

I tried to sign up for a new Hetzner account over the weekend so I can order new services from them. Signup got stuck on "verify your identity by sending documents." Sent my documents, 4 days later, no response. Sigh

• UnbelievableUnbelievable Member
    edited April 2020

@p50 My humble advice is just find another provider. As an example, OVH wanted my documents - I just went elsewhere. All companies have their way of doing business- Hetzner is great for the bulk of cases, some people do get tangled up in their approval process. Given that there are many other companies to choose from its best to just go elsewhere and if someday Hetzner approves you- maybe move back. For any provider, don't use vpn when signing up, make sure address and phone match where you really live and whats on the documents.

• p50p50 Member

@Unbelievable said:
    @p50 My humble advice is just find another provider. As an example, OVH wanted my documents - I just went elsewhere. All companies have their way of doing business- Hetzner is great for the bulk of cases, some people do get tangled up in their approval process. Given that there are many other companies to choose from its best to just go elsewhere and if someday Hetzner approves you- maybe move back. For any provider, don't use vpn when signing up, make sure address and phone match where you really live and whats on the documents.

Yeah, did all of that. Still stuck in the approval process. No answer from them yet.

@p50 I am guessing that your account got flagged for looking suspicious/unusual. If you send me a PM with your order number, I can ask a colleague to check the status of the account. --Katie

• Your account got flogged.

Will anyone else be watching Star Wars movies today to celebrate May the Fourth? I'll celebrate by catching up with "The Mandalorian". One of my colleagues was psyched about today, and made this graphic:

--Katie

• nikozinnikozin Member

If hetzner cloud adds support for preinstalled control panels (specifically Plesk Web Admin SE edition). I'd migrate in no time.

I can pass that information on to our team for the customer wishlist. Thanks for the feedback, @nikozin :) --Katie

• LightBladeLightBlade Member
    edited May 2020

I'm still waiting for my server to be sent, can't wait to feel what AMD's performance is like. (Order AX41-NVMe yesterday) :D

• shakensoulshakensoul Member
    edited May 2020

I have couple of questions regarding your Level 19 shared hosting (https://www.hetzner.com/webhosting/level-19)

1. How many of our own domains can we host on the plan?
    2. Can we use 100-200 company emails on this plan?
    3. What is the Control panel used?

Hi @LightBlade Just in case you haven't seen it yet, please look at the deployment wait time for that model: https://wiki.hetzner.de/index.php/Auftragsbearbeitung/en (I think it's worth the wait, though.) --Katie

@shakensoul - 1. & 2. - There are no official limits that we set for these. However, if you become a "noisy neighbor", our team will ask you to switch to a dedicated managed server. 3. We use an in-house control panel called konsoleH. If you have any other questions, we have a live chat for potential customers. To find it, go to to https://www.hetzner.com/webhosting . Once you are there, you'll see a red chat icon in the bottom right corner. (It's only visible during our team's office hours.) You can use this chat to ask all sorts of questions about products before you're a customer. Our technicians there will be happy to help you. :) Once you are a customer, you can use konsoleH to write support tickets or use telephone support. --Katie

• @Hetzner_OL said:
    Hi @LightBlade Just in case you haven't seen it yet, please look at the deployment wait time for that model: https://wiki.hetzner.de/index.php/Auftragsbearbeitung/en (I think it's worth the wait, though.) --Katie

Thanks. I see that. When i'm order it's say couple minute- 1 work days and after that change to 5-7 work days.

Bad luck of me i guess haha
    But still worth it wait my ryzen coming.. ofc.

• SetsuraSetsura Member

Looks like the wait time for an AX161 is essentially a month(Finland won't work for me), don't suppose there is any expectation of it going down soon? If not I might have to consider one of those more expensive Dell ones with the 7502P or something.

• Does Hetzner offer free KVM for their Hetzner Auction?
    and also can I install windows & bring my own license?

• @DianTama said:
    Does Hetzner offer free KVM for their Hetzner Auction?

Yes and yes.

Thanked by 1Hetzner_OL
  • @OsirisBlack said:

@DianTama said:

Yes and yes.

is it detecting the integrated GPU that comes with intel CPU?

• @DianTama said:

@OsirisBlack said:

@DianTama said:

Yes and yes.

Sorry, this I don't know - I'm sure someone else will know. Or maybe have a look on their wiki.

• momkinmomkin Member

@DianTama said:

@OsirisBlack said:

@DianTama said:

Yes and yes.

By default its disabled in the bios , you may need to enable it first and then you can install the drivers !

• Not all auctions have igpu though, make sure the cpu your looking at has integrated graphics. Just need to enable and gtg

@Setsura - Our team does their best to estimate the wait times as accurately as they can. So I don't expect the time to be shorter than what what we have posted here: https://wiki.hetzner.de/index.php/Auftragsbearbeitung/en .
    Our team is dealing with 3 extra-ordinary problems that are happening simultaneously with some models: supply issues from the manufacturer, logistic issues (actually getting supplies to our DCs), and not operating at full staff. We've hired more staff, and our team maintains contact with our suppliers and is doing what they can to fix logistical issues. On top of all that, there is a big increase in demand, which exasperates the problems.
    Maybe if you check on our Marktplatz (market place) on our Diskussionsforum, you will be able to find someone who is willing to transfer you one for the right price.
    The DX line in Nuremberg has a wait time of only 1-2 business days, so that could be another option for you if you're willing to be flexible. --Katie

Thanked by 1Setsura

@DianTama - @OsirisBlack is correct. You can request a KVM to use on a Hetzner Auction server. It is free for the first 3 hours. Here's some more information on our KVM, how to request it, and some basics for using it: https://wiki.hetzner.de/index.php/KVM-Console/en . When you're done with, please remember to send our team a quick message so it can be available for another customer. :)

I checked with a colleague. The KVM should detect the integrated GPU that comes with the Intel CPU. However, if for some reason it doesn't, you can write a support request via Robot. --Katie

Thanked by 1DianTama