Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Storage-nvme-English class for free ! - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Storage-nvme-English class for free !

Comments

• seriesnseriesn Member
    edited February 2020

marvel said: Besides from what I can see he is perfectly able to speak for himself. I don't understand why you have to speak on his behalf and go into defense mode like you do.

My friend, you understood me wrong. If you look at this forum, @cociu has been butt of many jokes for a while. Some his fault, some not. While I have no relationship with him, I am kinda sick and tired of seeing people take a jab at others without any reason. There are good people and there are people, who are crap but pretend to be good people.

End of the day sir, this is a community. A community always sticks up for each other. :).

As for the questions, regarding someone's business plan, discount etc, that should always be done privately :). My 1 cent (paid tax, I am broke).

P.s. I usually stick up for many here. No personal or business benefit what so ever. Just respect and love and one day sir, once you have been here for long enough, I will do the same for you. Tille then, hello friend :)

• sgno1sgno1 Member
    edited February 2020

@cociu What's left in terms of stock? Might stock up on a bit more depending on what's left? Anything left over? (For this promo)

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@sgno1 said:
    @cociu What's left in terms of stock? Might stock up on a bit more depending on what's left? Anything left over? (For this promo)

Yep, we still have stock.

• Are these the same base setup as the 1T KVM boxes or different underlying tech?

• @Cociu still selling hard drives for dedicated server? Like you were selling HDD and it will get installed in dedicated servers and when I terminate service, I can pay you postage money to ship it to my country?

• ps20090 said: @Cociu still selling hard drives for dedicated server? Like you were selling HDD and it will get installed in dedicated servers and when I terminate service, I can pay you postage money to ship it to my country?

yes i can do but for only EU customers unfortunatly for the moment, we have a package send to us and in 2 month was not delivered (is block in custome for some reason) so for the moment i will avoid send out of EU. So we will accept this for EU customers until we will find a better way.

• @cociu AES SNI enable must open ticket ?

• isunbejo said: @cociu AES SNI enable must open ticket ?

yes please .

Thanked by 1isunbejo
  • @cociu said:

isunbejo said: @cociu AES SNI enable must open ticket ?

yes please .

Please check #250850
    Thanks

• isunbejo said: Please check #250850

Thanks

>

no need to post it here but ok...

Thanked by 2isunbejo dahartigan
  • @marvel said:

@debaser said:

@marvel said:
    And I can't imagine harddrives being a lot cheaper there as well. It's still an EU country.

I'l let you in on a secret. A lot of retailers in western europe buy their components at eastern european distrubutors because it's much cheaper. This is a grey area, because the major brands don't like it but the prices differ hundreds of euro's depending on the kind of product.

I call BS. If that was true you could find those prices on Ebay etc. as well. Besides, the major brands charge a certain price for a certain product and they don't give discount to people from eastern Europe.

Oh, you sweet summer child. Prices differ from country to country. A bottle of Coca Cola has different prices everywhere, based on purchasing power. The same goes for hardware. For instance, wholesale pricing for a Seagate 16TB can be around 70 euros lower in Bulgaria compared to Belgium. This difference isn’t that big in retail, that’s why you won’t find it on eBay.

Then there’s the law of big numbers. Coicu buys his hardware in very large numbers, that’s why it gets even more cheaper. Apparently he buys that large volumes that he can import hardware from the US cheaper than buying it in Romania.

It’s a whole different league than renting a dedi or 2.

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • @marvel said:

@seriesn said:

@marvel said:

@debaser said:

@marvel said:
    And I can't imagine harddrives being a lot cheaper there as well. It's still an EU country.

I'l let you in on a secret. A lot of retailers in western europe buy their components at eastern european distrubutors because it's much cheaper. This is a grey area, because the major brands don't like it but the prices differ hundreds of euro's depending on the kind of product.

I call BS. If that was true you could find those prices on Ebay etc. as well. Besides, the major brands charge a certain price for a certain product and they don't give discount to people from eastern Europe.

@cociu said:

debaser said: I'l let you in on a secret. A lot of retailers in western europe buy their components at eastern european distrubutors because it's much cheaper. This is a grey area, because the major brands don't like it but the prices differ hundreds of euro's depending on the kind of product.

verry true , i buy servers from usa

From USA? Ok lol.

@cociu is the next ovh. The guy actually owns his own DC. This guy does enough volume to get a pricing that many of us can't.

Is he perfect?no. Does he try? Yes. He puts an effort to offer product at a pricing that many can't even dream about. Granted, comes with tiny quarks and outages here and there. But as @miTgiB once said, you ain't paying premium price. So don't expect premium product.

But for the price, he is good. Really fucking good. This guy deserves respect. Not getting trolled.

I'm not trolling. I'm just asking questions / being sceptical. Isn't that allowed or is this site becoming Facebook where everything can only be great and perfect? Besides from what I can see he is perfectly able to speak for himself. I don't understand why you have to speak on his behalf and go into defense mode like you do.

I understand if you buy high volumes you'll get more discount, I'm just saying that the statement that buying harddrives in eastern EU is less expensive is bullshit. Nothing more. Besides according to him he gets his stuff from USA, not eastern Europe (which brings up 3 or 4 new questions but I will stop asking).

I know it's a great deal without a doubt and I know he puts great effort and is the next OVH blabla that's not what I'm questioning here.

I'm pretty sure I was the one being called a troll.

To be clear, he only said he buys servers from US, not components. Before Christmas, he posted what he was paying for either 10/12/14TB drives and it was far less than North America prices on Black Friday. So low, my first thought is, "fell off the back of a truck". Buying 100-200 drives at a time isn't even all that much volume. Hopefully, they have 3 year warranties. Now he has a lot of customers on 3 year deals, so we'll see how tight the money purse is in 2 years. Between hiring more and better people, core routers and network redundancy, NFG openvz servers, modules gardens issues, etc, I always think unexpected expenses will eventually kill him with the low prices.

• @TimboJones said:

@marvel said:

@seriesn said:

@marvel said:

@debaser said:

@marvel said:

@cociu said:

debaser said: I'l let you in on a secret. A lot of retailers in western europe buy their components at eastern european distrubutors because it's much cheaper. This is a grey area, because the major brands don't like it but the prices differ hundreds of euro's depending on the kind of product.

verry true , i buy servers from usa

From USA? Ok lol.

@cociu is the next ovh. The guy actually owns his own DC. This guy does enough volume to get a pricing that many of us can't.

Is he perfect?no. Does he try? Yes. He puts an effort to offer product at a pricing that many can't even dream about. Granted, comes with tiny quarks and outages here and there. But as @miTgiB once said, you ain't paying premium price. So don't expect premium product.

But for the price, he is good. Really fucking good. This guy deserves respect. Not getting trolled.

I'm not trolling. I'm just asking questions / being sceptical. Isn't that allowed or is this site becoming Facebook where everything can only be great and perfect? Besides from what I can see he is perfectly able to speak for himself. I don't understand why you have to speak on his behalf and go into defense mode like you do.

I understand if you buy high volumes you'll get more discount, I'm just saying that the statement that buying harddrives in eastern EU is less expensive is bullshit. Nothing more. Besides according to him he gets his stuff from USA, not eastern Europe (which brings up 3 or 4 new questions but I will stop asking).

I know it's a great deal without a doubt and I know he puts great effort and is the next OVH blabla that's not what I'm questioning here.

I'm pretty sure I was the one being called a troll.

To be clear, he only said he buys servers from US, not components. Before Christmas, he posted what he was paying for either 10/12/14TB drives and it was far less than North America prices on Black Friday. So low, my first thought is, "fell off the back of a truck". Buying 100-200 drives at a time isn't even all that much volume. Hopefully, they have 3 year warranties. Now he has a lot of customers on 3 year deals, so we'll see how tight the money purse is in 2 years. Between hiring more and better people, core routers and network redundancy, NFG openvz servers, modules gardens issues, etc, I always think unexpected expenses will eventually kill him with the low prices.

No my friend. I didn’t mean you. But just the general thing. I admire people who works hard and tries hard to improve (his English for example, has gotten better vs before ).

For some reason, some very strong reason, he reminds me of old Burstnet. I just pray that, he won’t get burst because he is actually trying to be a better version of himself (improved network, hiring mikePT, router upgrades etc).

I am by no form or shape, affiliated with him. Neither financially, nor service wise. Actually, don’t even know his real name 😂.

I do have genuine respect for many who tries. You remember the early days of LE. Many small brands, with their fair sharing of growing pains and dramas. And some of those are now big and well respected name in the industry.

Thanked by 2MikePT TimboJones
  • cociucociu Member
    edited February 2020

TimboJones said: "fell off the back of a truck"

Man, do you think i am opened to risk so much work for some hdd price ? all what is here is came with invoice , including servers , hdd , rams , cables, etc etc etc etc. Who you think is so idiot to buy stolen pieces ? we have Law here we are not located in jungle my man , i am not opened to risk my business for such activity. So please stop asking how , way , etc etc. because nobody will tell you how to proceed to have such price. I am opened to sell you 500 hdd for 100k , put the money and i will invoice (new , with guarantee).

" I always think unexpected expenses will eventually kill him with the low prices."

i am sure you cannot see my pocket , so this phrase is unless until you cannot prove . Also we are almost 7 year in business , do you think we have not learn something in all this period ?

My personal opinion for you is :

do not look in the other garden , look in your first. Do you ask the same questions to any low budget provider or are you targeted only in me , for example i cannot match for the moment ovh price but we are working in this , did you ask them if is stole electrical power to have the possibility to sell such cheap dedis ? i am sure you have not ask. Do you complain about our problems in the last year , is true we had such problem but for your knowledge i can inform you this was last year , we are not the same we give quality now and still working in be almost perfect.

PS: nothing personal with you really , but what`s the point here ? you you think if you ask every time such questions you will find the answer ? I am sure every provider from here have his tricky for something , some of them maybe have cheap hardware , some cheap internet , some 99999999999999999 ipv4 , some cheap electrical power but this not mean every of them is give something back or make reduction like idiot @cociu . I like to give something back in different ways so this storage plans was something like this , i do not make much money with this but i make proffit , i am not a ONG.

For your calculation :

1) I own the space
    2) i own the hardware (no leasing no shit)
    3) i have cheap electrical power until 2021
    4) all last year i have inverted in fotovoltaic pannels
    5) who know me for real and was add me in skype is know i work almost 24/24
    6) all people who working in this was put the heart in this
    7) i am from the transport world so i know much abut where to buy cheap stuff.
    8) i have in production +1000 servers yet (some people from LET had the posibility to see our webcams from the DC so can certificate if wants)

etc etc, like i have told nobody will tell you how to proceed to do the same.

Thanks for force me to write so much in english. I get better every day

• marvelmarvel Member
    edited February 2020

@TimboJones said:

So low, my first thought is, "fell off the back of a truck".

@cociu said:
    7) i am from the transport world so i know much abut where to buy cheap stuff.

:smiley:

But all kidding aside if you look at hardware prices, and trust me I've been searching throughout Europe and further for the cheapest harddrive deals, I don't think it's possible to sell a 4 TB VPS for € 6 / month AND run the setup in RAID50/RAID60 like you claim and still make a profit. It just can't be done, not even if you get free power.

There's nothing wrong with taking a loss though, if you want to make name first and profit later. But personally I would be very careful to store my data on a 4 TB VPS that cost me € 6 / month.

Time will tell though we'll see. Also there is no need to be so defensive about it. If you really stand behind your services and you truly believe in your business you wouldn't be so upset of all the criticism, you would just laugh it away. People usually only get mad when someone tells them the truth.

Btw. I also don't think OVH is that cheap. I'm renting OVH servers and they're pretty expensive! :smiley:

• cociucociu Member
    edited February 2020

marvel said: marvel

i am not upset at all , but i am verry impressive how agressive is take it some persons here , about my pocket ... i am not from yesterday and many people know we do what we promise. Let take a calculation to see how ridiculous is the smart guy :smile:

lat say this model server : hp dl380e with 14x3.5 caddy

14 hdd x 12 tb in raid 5 is give 156 TB space/server no ?

ok , now part 156 at 3.6tb and you will get the number of how much users can you put in such server.

is 43 users no ? only with 3.6 package.

let suppose will be only this config in this server (witch is not true because we mix the node to have better proffit) this mean my income for such server is 301 dollars/mo true ?

so i do the roi in les 1 year .... what is so difficult ?

server cost 90 eur
    hdd cost (less than 200 eur)
    caddy 14x5dollars
    ram 12x16gb 176 eur
    electrical power for 1 year : 08cents/kwat x 0.168 kwats consumition x24 hours x365 days = 117 eur/year

cooling , internet cost , paypal fee , gouvern tax , tiketing cost , personal cost ..

so Nothing to hide ... the invidious and jelous people is not my interest.

• can somebody tell me how to use storage vps ? is nextcloud good to install? or seafile !? or simple vsftp ??
    please guide me thanks

• @schilton said:
    can somebody tell me how to use storage vps ? is nextcloud good to install? or seafile !? or simple vsftp ??
    please guide me thanks

@uptime he needs managed storage vps.
    Any recommendations?

Thanked by 2uptime dahartigan
  • uptimeuptime Member
    edited February 2020

Nextcloud: https://www.hetzner.com/storage/storage-share

Seafile: http://www.prometeus.net/site/iwsea.php

and as for recommended course of action: @schilton learn how to learn, or hire a tutor

EDIT2:

Sorry, I just now realize this is @cociu's English lesson thread! :blush:

in which case recommendation is to buy storage VPS and hire @MikePT to set it up for you.

• marvelmarvel Member
    edited February 2020

@cociu said:

marvel said: marvel

i am not upset at all , but i am verry impressive how agressive is take it some persons here , about my pocket ... i am not from yesterday and many people know we do what we promise. Let take a calculation to see how ridiculous is the smart guy :smile:

lat say this model server : hp dl380e with 14x3.5 caddy

14 hdd x 12 tb in raid 5 is give 156 TB space/server no ?

ok , now part 156 at 3.6tb and you will get the number of how much users can you put in such server.

is 43 users no ? only with 3.6 package.

let suppose will be only this config in this server (witch is not true because we mix the node to have better proffit) this mean my income for such server is 301 dollars/mo true ?

so i do the roi in les 1 year .... what is so difficult ?

server cost 90 eur
    hdd cost (less than 200 eur)
    caddy 14x5dollars
    ram 12x16gb 176 eur
    electrical power for 1 year : 08cents/kwat x 0.168 kwats consumition x24 hours x365 days = 117 eur/year

cooling , internet cost , paypal fee , gouvern tax , tiketing cost , personal cost ..

so Nothing to hide ... the invidious and jelous people is not my interest.

If you do RAID5 yes, but 14x12 TB on RAID5 is insane. You will only get the write performance of 1 drive (!) Plus you can only have 1 drive failure. If another one fails during the rebuild (which takes days or weeks) you lose all your data.

RAID5 should not be used anymore these days. But yeah if you do it like that I can understand how you can sell it for €6 / month. It's very dangerous though and the risk of data loss is incredibly high. Plus performance will be horrible with many users.

I'm planning to make storage plans myself and if I would do 12 x 12 TB I would do SSD cached ZFS mirroring, I will only net 72 TB but I would have the write performance of 6 disks and read of 12 plus very fast rebuilt times. If you would do RAID10 you would cut your disk space in half as well, but that's the way how it should be done.

• @uptime said:

and as for recommended course of action: @schilton learn how to learn, or hire a tutor

EDIT2:

in which case recommendation is to buy storage VPS and hire @MikePT to set it up for you.

i installed nextcloud,, but its using main disk,(20gb nvme) it suppose to be use HDD /dev/vdb or /data mount ,

@MikePT please help me to assign the nextcloud data directory

Thank you @uptime

Thanked by 2uptime MikePT
  • marvel said: I'm planning to make storage plans myself and if I would do 12 x 12 TB I would do SSD cached ZFS mirroring, I will only net 72 TB but I would have the write performance of 6 disks and read of 12 plus very fast rebuilt times. If you would do RAID10 you would cut your disk space in half as well, but that's the way how it should be done.

we use raid10 too , but in non such offers like this one.

• vyas11vyas11 Member
    edited February 2020

Gosh that will require another offer thread for english reading...
    I would find it
    Easier to hire @MikePT’s services instead

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • @cociu said:

marvel said: I'm planning to make storage plans myself and if I would do 12 x 12 TB I would do SSD cached ZFS mirroring, I will only net 72 TB but I would have the write performance of 6 disks and read of 12 plus very fast rebuilt times. If you would do RAID10 you would cut your disk space in half as well, but that's the way how it should be done.

we use raid10 too , but in non such offers like this one.

Ok but then people should know what they sign up for. If it is RAID5 on 14 disks that's very important information and you should mention it in the OP. People should know what they buy and the risks involved (which is a high probability of bad performance and/or data loss).

Thanked by 1Falzo
  • MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran
    edited February 2020

@uptime said:

EDIT2:

Thank you! :)

@schilton said:

@uptime said:

EDIT2:

i installed nextcloud,, but its using main disk,(20gb nvme) it suppose to be use HDD /dev/vdb or /data mount ,

@MikePT please help me to assign the nextcloud data directory

Thank you @uptime

Feel free to PM me, I'll sort it for you.

@vyas11 said:
    Gosh that will require another offer thread for english reading...
    I would find it
    Easier to hire @MikePT’s services instead

Thank you <3

Thanked by 2uptime vyas11
  • marvel said: Ok but then people should know what they sign up for. If it is RAID5 on 14 disks that's very important information and you should mention it in the OP. People should know what they buy and the risks involved (which is a high probability of bad performance and/or data loss).

in the last 7 years we have lost 2 raids ... comparetly with the quantity of nedes this is less than 1% .. so what is the problem then ? people should know is a must this days to make his own backup. If you want me to guarantee 100% for your data pay at least 3 time more and i can guarantee in contract this and i will make sure do the backup for you.

Thanked by 1uptime
  • marvelmarvel Member
    edited February 2020

@cociu said:

marvel said: Ok but then people should know what they sign up for. If it is RAID5 on 14 disks that's very important information and you should mention it in the OP. People should know what they buy and the risks involved (which is a high probability of bad performance and/or data loss).

in the last 7 years we have lost 2 raids ... comparetly with the quantity of nedes this is less than 1% .. so what is the problem then ? people should know is a must this days to make his own backup. If you want me to guarantee 100% for your data pay at least 3 time more and i can guarantee in contract this and i will make sure do the backup for you.

I'm not saying it's a problem. I'm just saying you should be honest with what you are selling. But I guess people get blinded by the price, they think they're getting the deal of the century but in fact they're throwing away money. And losing 2 raidsets, if they are the size of what you are selling 100TB+ is a lot in 7 years. You shouldn't lose any.

Besides it's not only about redundancy it's about performance as well. 40 VPS with the write speed of one mechanical disk, imagine what will happen.

It should be forbidden to sell this on LET unless it has 10 red flags with it and a full page disclamer and an 'I agree everything will be my fault' checkbox before you see the orderlink.

This is a perfect case of 'if something looks to good to be true it usually is.'.

And the reason why I'm upset about this deal is because you give other hosters a bad name selling crap like this and not disclose any information about the node and raidsets.

Thanked by 1TimboJones
  • vyas11vyas11 Member
    edited February 2020

Congratulations on your rant and crapping on other provider's offer thread. Hope that will earn you a provider's tag here that you so keenly aspire.

HappyFriday

• marvelmarvel Member
    edited February 2020

@vyas11 said:
    Congratulations on your rant and crapping on other provider's offer thread. Hope that will earn you a provider's tag here that you so keenly aspire.

HappyFriday

So I'm not allowed to criticize a faulty product that's being offered?

Btw I don't aspire a provider tag, I don't need one. I wouldn't want to be compared to cowboy's like him.

But go ahead and buy a couple yourself, good luck with your data :blush:

I'll wait a couple of weeks then I can say 'told you so'.