Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Subscribe to our newsletter

Advertise on LowEndTalk.com

Latest LowEndBox Offers

    Does anyone have Leaseweb VPS Benchmark?
    New on LowEndTalk? Please read our 'Community Rules' by clicking on it in the right menu!

    Does anyone have Leaseweb VPS Benchmark?

    I'm looking to get one from them since they are the only ones that offer 1gbps and high bandwidth on their VPS plans. Just want to know what kind of CPU they use on those VPS over in SG, because there is no spec sheet anywhere to be found, and the live chat people don't know anything as well. I don't want to be surprised to see they just used the oldest E3 available.

    Thanks LET.

    The Hostdoc fiasco has really did a number on us customers...

    Comments

    • AcacyAcacy Member
      edited February 4

      I bought Leaseweb VPS Singapore during the first launch on 2016

      `

      Geekbench 4 Benchmark Test:

      Test | Value
      |
      Single Core | 2949
      Multi Core | 5356
      Full Test | https://browser.geekbench.com/v4/cpu/15199511
      `

    • @Acacy Is that (supposed to be) SSD?

    • @Acacy said:
      I bought Leasweb VPS Singapore during the first launch on 2016

      (https://i.imgur.com/Rl8PyKo.png)

      `

      Geekbench 4 Benchmark Test:

      Test | Value
      |
      Single Core | 2949
      Multi Core | 5356
      Full Test | https://browser.geekbench.com/v4/cpu/15199511
      `

      Thanks a lot. Seems a good choice to replace may hd.

    • 78 Mb/s lol..

      Hostfactor LTD $5/year CloudLinux LiteSpeed DirectAdmin MailChannels | $9/m Offshore Romania/Moldova VPS

    • AcacyAcacy Member

      @pullangcubo said:
      @Acacy Is that (supposed to be) SSD?

      before they advertise as SAN Storage
      not sure if we make an order on they current config right now with SSD

      Thanked by 1pullangcubo
    • vimalwarevimalware Member
      edited February 4

      The leaseweb SG kvm is quite solid.

      I'm glad I held on to my (now $7) 4GB idler (vpn only)

      I'd tested the cpu in November and it delivered excellent performance across all 4 cores (0 steal).
      I even considered giving it some heavy duty work worthy of those cores. (think single core passmark around 1800)

      A CI/CD/build server wouldn't break this VPS's back.

      Edit: sequential IO is throttled 80MB/s, but there's (tens of) thousands of Random IOPS available. So Your website/database won't be slowed down by that.

      Tired of LET scams?
      A Moderated forum : https://talk.lowendspirit.com/

    • FAT32FAT32 Member, Moderator, Deal Compiler Extraordinaire
      edited February 4

      @vimalware said:
      The leaseweb SG kvm is quite solid.
      I'm glad I held on to my (now $7) 4GB idler (vpn only)

      4GB for $7/m in Singapore is great given their reliability. Please think of me if you decide to transfer out in the future.

      Highly emotional. Need more deals to calm myself down.

    • vyas11vyas11 Member
      edited February 4

      @FAT32 said:

      @vimalware said:
      The leaseweb SG kvm is quite solid.
      I'm glad I held on to my (now $7) 4GB idler (vpn only)

      4GB for $7/m in Singapore is great given their reliability. Please think of me if you decide to transfer out in the future.

      Lol.. I will be willing to pay $7.01 :-) . Great bargain for the location btw.

      Thanked by 1vimalware
    • @vimalware said:
      The leaseweb SG kvm is quite solid.

      I'm glad I held on to my (now $7) 4GB idler (vpn only)

      I'd tested the cpu in November and it delivered excellent performance across all 4 cores (0 steal).
      I even considered giving it some heavy duty work worthy of those cores. (think single core passmark around 1800)

      A CI/CD/build server wouldn't break this VPS's back.

      Edit: sequential IO is throttled 80MB/s, but there's (tens of) thousands of Random IOPS available. So Your website/database won't be slowed down by that.

      If ever you do plan to cancel it, Id be happy get it off your hands even for a bounty.

      It's been really hard to get a replacement for my previous hostdoc. Thanks for letting me know they are pretty good and reliable.

    • @kennsann said:
      I'm looking to get one from them since they are the only ones that offer 1gbps and high bandwidth on their VPS plans. Just want to know what kind of CPU they use on those VPS over in SG, because there is no spec sheet anywhere to be found, and the live chat people don't know anything as well. I don't want to be surprised to see they just used the oldest E3 available.

      Thanks LET.

      The Hostdoc fiasco has really did a number on us customers...

      I strongly suggest you to check other good hosts at LET.

      Reason : https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/159778/leaseweb-repeats-it-again-gt-demand-21750-for-50-vps

      My Suggestion > HostUs , Cloudcone and NexusBytes. Quite decent and close to what hostdoc used to offer.

    • kennsannkennsann Member
      edited February 4

      @Mridul said:

      @kennsann said:
      I'm looking to get one from them since they are the only ones that offer 1gbps and high bandwidth on their VPS plans. Just want to know what kind of CPU they use on those VPS over in SG, because there is no spec sheet anywhere to be found, and the live chat people don't know anything as well. I don't want to be surprised to see they just used the oldest E3 available.

      Thanks LET.

      The Hostdoc fiasco has really did a number on us customers...

      I strongly suggest you to check other good hosts at LET.

      Reason : https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/159778/leaseweb-repeats-it-again-gt-demand-21750-for-50-vps

      My Suggestion > HostUs , Cloudcone and NexusBytes. Quite decent and close to what hostdoc used to offer.

      I pretty much need an SG so cloudcone and nexusbytes are out of the question.

      HostUs is as expensive as LW, so rather get the latter.

      Edit: I didnt read the link. Something to consider, I guess.

    • @kennsann said:

      @Mridul said:

      @kennsann said:
      I'm looking to get one from them since they are the only ones that offer 1gbps and high bandwidth on their VPS plans. Just want to know what kind of CPU they use on those VPS over in SG, because there is no spec sheet anywhere to be found, and the live chat people don't know anything as well. I don't want to be surprised to see they just used the oldest E3 available.

      Thanks LET.

      The Hostdoc fiasco has really did a number on us customers...

      I strongly suggest you to check other good hosts at LET.

      Reason : https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/159778/leaseweb-repeats-it-again-gt-demand-21750-for-50-vps

      My Suggestion > HostUs , Cloudcone and NexusBytes. Quite decent and close to what hostdoc used to offer.

      I pretty much need an SG so cloudcone and nexusbytes are out of the question.

      HostUs is as expensive as LW, so rather get the latter.

      Edit: I didnt read the link. Something to consider, I guess.

      Vultr has SG i guess ?

      And OVH too : https://www.ovh.com/sg/vps/vps-ssd.xml

    • I had the Vultr in SG and it was terribly slow. Doing some checking it was on an i5 processor. Network issues as well. This was just my experience.

    • I have done production on Upcloud SG and the performance is great, but it is not a banging low end deal.

      Deals and Reviews: LowEndBoxes Review | Avoid dodgy providers with The LEBRE Whitelist | Free hosting (with conditions): Evolution-Host, NanoKVM, FreeMach, ServedEZ | Follow latest deals on Twitter or Telegram

    • @poisson said:
      I have done production on Upcloud SG and the performance is great, but it is not a banging low end deal.

      I got a Digital Ocean for now. Since I found a $100 coupon.

      Ill check out upcloud next. I guess there aren't any banging low end deal on SG servers sadly.

    • @kennsann said:

      @poisson said:
      I have done production on Upcloud SG and the performance is great, but it is not a banging low end deal.

      I got a Digital Ocean for now. Since I found a $100 coupon.

      Ill check out upcloud next. I guess there aren't any banging low end deal on SG servers sadly.

      I have been looking like forever for one, but so far those that appear to be are mostly mirages. Seems like DO, Vultr and Upcloud pricing are the lowest you can get.

      Thanked by 1kennsann

      Deals and Reviews: LowEndBoxes Review | Avoid dodgy providers with The LEBRE Whitelist | Free hosting (with conditions): Evolution-Host, NanoKVM, FreeMach, ServedEZ | Follow latest deals on Twitter or Telegram

    • @poisson said:

      @kennsann said:

      @poisson said:
      I have done production on Upcloud SG and the performance is great, but it is not a banging low end deal.

      I got a Digital Ocean for now. Since I found a $100 coupon.

      Ill check out upcloud next. I guess there aren't any banging low end deal on SG servers sadly.

      I have been looking like forever for one, but so far those that appear to be are mostly mirages. Seems like DO, Vultr and Upcloud pricing are the lowest you can get.

      If I find one, or if you do, lets help each other out. I'll keep you in mind every time I research on SG servers.

      Thanked by 2poisson vimalware
    • kennsann said: I got a Digital Ocean for now. Since I found a $100 coupon.

      Does this $100 has time limit?

    • @webdev said:

      kennsann said: I got a Digital Ocean for now. Since I found a $100 coupon.

      Does this $100 has time limit?

      Yeah, 60 days.

    • @kennsann said:

      @webdev said:

      kennsann said: I got a Digital Ocean for now. Since I found a $100 coupon.

      Does this $100 has time limit?

      Yeah, 60 days.

      Enough for testing. I have Upcloud referral with gives $25 credit, but if you top up $10 within 2 or 3 days then the credit is permanent. Let me know if you want it and I will send it your way.

      Deals and Reviews: LowEndBoxes Review | Avoid dodgy providers with The LEBRE Whitelist | Free hosting (with conditions): Evolution-Host, NanoKVM, FreeMach, ServedEZ | Follow latest deals on Twitter or Telegram

    • vimalwarevimalware Member
      edited February 6

      @fat32 @vyas11 @kennsann given my experiences with low-end-izing my SG vpn setup over the last 5 years(safehousecloud, hostdoc SG) ,
      I think i'll just hold on to this leaseweb.

      It's the one vice vps I just can't bring myself to drop.

      EDIT: From what research I'd conducted with performance and cpu flag heuristics, Leaseweb use like a 2.4Ghz E5v3 on my node. (The 2.4Ghz feels like it runs at 2.8Ghz though , because of the lack of performance bottlenecks)

      Maybe OVH will go nuts again and offer a 2.5 Eur/m SG vps. 🤞

      Tired of LET scams?
      A Moderated forum : https://talk.lowendspirit.com/

    • Vice vps... I will use that when required:-)

      @poisson would be interested in the Upcloud credit... Thanks

    • FAT32FAT32 Member, Moderator, Deal Compiler Extraordinaire

      NOOOOOO

      Highly emotional. Need more deals to calm myself down.

    • FAT32FAT32 Member, Moderator, Deal Compiler Extraordinaire

      @LeaseWeb @Leaseweb2 we need some sweet SG deals :)

      Thanked by 1vyas11

      Highly emotional. Need more deals to calm myself down.

    • Based on my totally unscientific, uncorroborated, and probably biased experience, OVH's network in the APAC region is better than Leaseweb though (and keeps on improving).

      Is it the same with you APAC-server consumers?

    • @FAT32 said:
      @LeaseWeb @Leaseweb2 we need some sweet SG deals :)

      By the power of FAT32 I compel you to spit out some deals, @LeaseWeb and @Leaseweb2.

    • Life production on UpCloud SG node a few months ago with no down time :

      Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2687W v4 @ 3.00GHz

      Geekbench:

      Upcloud SG : https://browser.geekbench.com/v4/cpu/15204365

      DigitalOcean SG: https://browser.geekbench.com/v4/cpu/15204373

      if any one need credit from UpCloud, PM me for link signup with credit $25 :smile:

    Sign In or Register to comment.