Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MaxiKVM LEB Offer
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

MaxiKVM LEB Offer

Hello guys,
I have recently came across the MaxiKVM offer in LEB, which is very appealing to me as the prices are very good and it is located in Europe.
However, I was wondering if someone here knows something about the company and / is owner.
I am asking because I remember to have read here multiple times that LEB sometimes features fishy hosts like AlphaRacks or other CL based hosting companies.

Thanks in advance :)

Thanked by 1marvel

Comments

• I see some red flags, aside from the pricing per GB of ram.

Quite some time ago, a company named MiniKVM was featured here on LEB. While that was successful and a lot of people loved their products, support and the price, some people required a bit more juice.

So that company is back in the form of MaxiKVM!

Does not compute with

“We’re an IT company that just entered the hosting market. There are many host providers out there but we still feel there is room for new players that can do much better than what’s currently available."

Thanked by 1uptime
  • NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

• marvelmarvel Member
    edited February 2020

@teamacc said:
    I see some red flags, aside from the pricing per GB of ram.

Quite some time ago, a company named MiniKVM was featured here on LEB. While that was successful and a lot of people loved their products, support and the price, some people required a bit more juice.

Does not compute with

“We’re an IT company that just entered the hosting market. There are many host providers out there but we still feel there is room for new players that can do much better than what’s currently available."

I'm the owner and LEB poster just copied that line from the old post. i didn't submit it ;)

Btw what's shady about the price of RAM?

• @marvel said:

@teamacc said:

Does not compute with

I'm the owner and LEB poster just copied that line from the old post. i didn't submit it ;)

The " quite some time ago" the LEB poster is referring to is... drumroll... 4 weeks.

Your website has existed since Christmas 2019 (minikvm) and since 3 weeks ago (maxikvm).

Offering yearly plans without any track record is very questionable.

However, on second inspection, pricing per GB is not shady, but actually pretty much in line with the likes of hetzner.

Thanked by 1marvel
  • marvelmarvel Member
    edited February 2020

@teamacc said:

@marvel said:

@teamacc said:

Does not compute with

The " quite some time ago" the LEB poster is referring to is... drumroll... 4 weeks.

Your website has existed since Christmas 2019 (minikvm) and since 3 weeks ago (maxikvm).

Offering yearly plans without any track record is very questionable.

However, on second inspection, pricing per GB is not shady, but actually pretty much in line with the likes of hetzner.

Well I have other sites that exist far longer some 10 years but I won't mention them here in case of being warned again ;)

Anyway yearly billing is just because my accountant would charge more fees if I feed him 500 invoices of € 2 each month, that's the only reason.

It's 100% legit. If you still have doubts @Stefeman here can vouch for me he knows me for 10 years and he's a well respected member here.

Btw quite some time ago aren't my words either. I have no control over how they post things.

• You overestimate me if you say im respected here lol.

I can vouch for the performance and price right now as it is today. And ive known you long enough to know you have integrity and follow through your projects. one of them ongoing for 10th year now. So yes, I vouch him as a host.

Thanked by 1marvel
  • @stefeman said:
    You overestimate me if you say im respected here lol.

I can vouch for the performance and price right now as it is today. And ive known you long enough to know you have integrity and follow through your projects. one of them ongoing for 10th year now. So yes, I vouch him as a host.

Well at least more respected than me ;) Thanks man cheers I appriciate it :smile:

• stefemanstefeman Member
    edited February 2020

Since its LET I attempt to be neutral here, which is why I also bought the service before to test it out. And cause I'm a freebie evangelist, I rather take my distance from any paid projects (other than my daywork).

https://i.imgur.com/ZYvjPfV.png

https://i.imgur.com/1NZAHFO.png

As you can point from my earlier minikvm review, the performance is top notch excluding the disk. That disk speed could use some optimization at least when I benchmarked it.

Overall its a nice alternative and should be given a chance if it intrigues you. Its a valid company and by all means the guy running it knows his stuff. You're missing a provider tag here though, so like always with yearly deals, research is golden. Theres a good refund policy though.

Now, since this is another site/product and not "minikvm". and might be even another node, my earlier review does not apply to maxikvm.

TL:DR, I say go for it if it interests you.

Thanked by 1marvel
  • NyrNyr Community Contributor, Veteran

Well, they are renting from OVH so that should give you an idea of their ability to make reasonable business choices.

If tomorrow OVH decides to charge them 1€/month per IP address, they are done.

• @Nyr said:
    Well, they are renting from OVH so that should give you an idea of their ability to make reasonable business choices.

If tomorrow OVH decides to charge them 1€/month per IP address, they are done.

Well, I can't run a business on hypotheticals. If you order today this is the price. What happens tomorrow we'll see by then, I don't know, nobody does but I will adjust accordingly.

• Thanks for your responses!
    I will probably purchase it soon

Thanked by 1marvel