Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Subscribe to our newsletter

Advertise on LowEndTalk.com

Latest LowEndBox Offers

    SG VPS/Dedi to replace my Hostdoc?
    New on LowEndTalk? Please read our 'Community Rules' by clicking on it in the right menu!

    SG VPS/Dedi to replace my Hostdoc?

    Currently with Hostdoc and they are sadly shutting down. My KVM VPS has the following details:

    9vCPU x i7 7700
    12GB Ram
    70GB NVMe + 150GB HDD
    7TB @ 250mbps
    $160/annually

    Can anyone recommend a replacement? TIA

    «1

    Comments

    • MikeAMikeA Member, Provider
      edited February 2

      9vCPU x i7 7700

      Is this correct? i7 only has 4 cores / 8 threads. Pretty unbeatable at $1/GB in Asia tho. Can you do with less RAM? If not you won't get this from anyone anywhere near that.

      ExtraVM - AMD Ryzen & i7 NVMe VPS starting @ $3.50
      USA, Canada, France, United Kingdom, Singapore, Australia

    • @MikeA said:

      9vCPU x i7 7700

      Is this correct? i7 only has 4 cores / 8 threads. Pretty unbeatable at $1/GB in Asia tho. Can you do with less RAM? If not you won't get this from anyone anywhere near that.

      Yeah not sure how it happened, but that's my VPS with them. Since he allowed combining different VPS plans, it got like that.

      I can do less ram and no HDD, but the everything else is probably non negotiable in my use case.

    • @MikeA said:

      9vCPU x i7 7700

      Is this correct? i7 only has 4 cores / 8 threads. Pretty unbeatable at $1/GB in Asia tho. Can you do with less RAM? If not you won't get this from anyone anywhere near that.

      Heh.. trade secret number 473.. have a guess :-P

      Seriously though, at this stage, price can't be a good comparison. Nobody can compete against a deadpooled unsustainable deal, and anyone who can is either insane or in an amazingly profitable position to do so.

      Purveyor of high quality potassium | "Get a FREE high-spec VPS from Evolution Host"

    • @dahartigan said:

      @MikeA said:

      9vCPU x i7 7700

      Is this correct? i7 only has 4 cores / 8 threads. Pretty unbeatable at $1/GB in Asia tho. Can you do with less RAM? If not you won't get this from anyone anywhere near that.

      Heh.. trade secret number 473.. have a guess :-P

      Seriously though, at this stage, price can't be a good comparison. Nobody can compete against a deadpooled unsustainable deal, and anyone who can is either insane or in an amazingly profitable position to do so.

      Indeed, I'm not asking to price match it, but looking to find something close to it.

      I'm leaning for the Leaseweb SG VPS L. It might be a good alternative. Just want to know what the community can offer.

    • IonSwitch_StanIonSwitch_Stan Member, Host Rep
      edited February 2

      I'll be damned, you can assign more cores than exist in the host to a VPS.

    • FAT32FAT32 Member, Moderator, Deal Compiler Extraordinaire
      edited February 2

      @georgedatacenter I saw you secretly liked someone's post...

      Can I ask you kindly to bring us some $2.99/yr magic? :)

      Thanked by 2vyas11 timelapse

      Highly emotional. Need more deals to calm myself down.

    • @IonSwitch_Stan said:

      I'll be damned, you can assign more cores than exist in the host to a VPS.

      Did you just leak trade secret 473?

      Thanked by 2dahartigan benj0x

      Deals and Reviews: LowEndBoxes Review | Avoid dodgy providers with The LEBRE Whitelist | Free hosting (with conditions): Evolution-Host, NanoKVM, FreeMach, ServedEZ | Follow latest deals on Twitter or Telegram

    • IonSwitch_StanIonSwitch_Stan Member, Host Rep
      edited February 2

      Did you just leak trade secret 473?

      My next offer. The only provider with 220 fair-use cores in a single VPS. KVM wont let you boot with over 255 unless your in q35 mode... and even then wouldn't work. Would love to offer 1k cores.

    • georgedatacentergeorgedatacenter Member, Provider

      @FAT32 said:
      @georgedatacenter I saw you secretly liked someone's post...

      Can I ask you kindly to bring us some $2.99/yr magic? :)

      Not right now.

      I've offered you a plan which you can test for a few days.

      Intel Xeon E5-2680
      8 Cores
      12GB RAM
      200GB SSD
      Unmetered bandwidth
      1 IPV4
      NJ
      Vmware
      $99. /year

    • @IonSwitch_Stan said:

      Did you just leak trade secret 473?

      My next offer. The only provider with 220 fair-use cores in a single VPS. KVM wont let you boot with over 255 unless your in q35 mode... and even then wouldn't work. Would love to offer 1k cores.

      Although it is technically possible to assign 9 threads to an 8 thread host node, that's clearly fraud for selling something that isn't possible. And the good Doc is going around saying people have malicious intentions. Facts are facts.

      Deals and Reviews: LowEndBoxes Review | Avoid dodgy providers with The LEBRE Whitelist | Free hosting (with conditions): Evolution-Host, NanoKVM, FreeMach, ServedEZ | Follow latest deals on Twitter or Telegram

    • @georgedatacenter said:

      @FAT32 said:
      @georgedatacenter I saw you secretly liked someone's post...

      Can I ask you kindly to bring us some $2.99/yr magic? :)

      Not right now.

      I've offered you a plan which you can test for a few days.

      Intel Xeon E5-2680
      8 Cores
      12GB RAM
      200GB SSD
      Unmetered bandwidth
      1 IPV4
      NJ
      Vmware
      $99. /year

      What is the location? THx

    • @poisson said:

      @IonSwitch_Stan said:

      Did you just leak trade secret 473?

      My next offer. The only provider with 220 fair-use cores in a single VPS. KVM wont let you boot with over 255 unless your in q35 mode... and even then wouldn't work. Would love to offer 1k cores.

      Although it is technically possible to assign 9 threads to an 8 thread host node, that's clearly fraud for selling something that isn't possible. And the good Doc is going around saying people have malicious intentions. Facts are facts.

      You are a conundrum @poisson and a very confused academic
      So, you have very quickly forgotten your favourite hosts plan in Germany for a certain member with more cores than the host system?
      Yet, you praised that plan and encouraged more users to spend their cash on the same node???

      Yes, it is possible to sell more cores than a system has you numpty and it is not fraud.
      You are just very salty.

      Fraud. Shill. A lot of words that some may say sums "you" up perfectly.

    • @vyas11 said:

      @georgedatacenter said:

      @FAT32 said:
      @georgedatacenter I saw you secretly liked someone's post...

      Can I ask you kindly to bring us some $2.99/yr magic? :)

      Not right now.

      I've offered you a plan which you can test for a few days.

      Intel Xeon E5-2680
      8 Cores
      12GB RAM
      200GB SSD
      Unmetered bandwidth
      1 IPV4
      NJ
      Vmware
      $99. /year

      What is the location? THx

      @vyas11 said:

      @georgedatacenter said:

      @FAT32 said:
      @georgedatacenter I saw you secretly liked someone's post...

      Can I ask you kindly to bring us some $2.99/yr magic? :)

      Not right now.

      I've offered you a plan which you can test for a few days.

      Intel Xeon E5-2680
      8 Cores
      12GB RAM
      200GB SSD
      Unmetered bandwidth
      1 IPV4
      NJ
      Vmware
      $99. /year

      What is the location? THx

      NJ = New Jersey ?

      Thanked by 2vyas11 Ganonk
    • @HostDoc said:

      @poisson said:

      @IonSwitch_Stan said:

      Did you just leak trade secret 473?

      My next offer. The only provider with 220 fair-use cores in a single VPS. KVM wont let you boot with over 255 unless your in q35 mode... and even then wouldn't work. Would love to offer 1k cores.

      Although it is technically possible to assign 9 threads to an 8 thread host node, that's clearly fraud for selling something that isn't possible. And the good Doc is going around saying people have malicious intentions. Facts are facts.

      You are a conundrum @poisson and a very confused academic
      So, you have very quickly forgotten your favourite hosts plan in Germany for a certain member with more cores than the host system?
      Yet, you praised that plan and encouraged more users to spend their cash on the same node???

      Yes, it is possible to sell more cores than a system has you numpty and it is not fraud.
      You are just very salty.

      Fraud. Shill. A lot of words that some may say sums "you" up perfectly.

      Not sure where you are going with multiple personal attacks, but well, nothing new.

      Deals and Reviews: LowEndBoxes Review | Avoid dodgy providers with The LEBRE Whitelist | Free hosting (with conditions): Evolution-Host, NanoKVM, FreeMach, ServedEZ | Follow latest deals on Twitter or Telegram

    • @georgedatacenter said:

      @FAT32 said:
      @georgedatacenter I saw you secretly liked someone's post...

      Can I ask you kindly to bring us some $2.99/yr magic? :)

      Not right now.

      I've offered you a plan which you can test for a few days.

      Intel Xeon E5-2680
      8 Cores
      12GB RAM
      200GB SSD
      Unmetered bandwidth
      1 IPV4
      NJ
      Vmware
      $99. /year

      OMG can we pm you specs to price match?

      I'm stuck

    • @georgedatacenter said:

      @FAT32 said:
      @georgedatacenter I saw you secretly liked someone's post...

      Can I ask you kindly to bring us some $2.99/yr magic? :)

      Not right now.

      I've offered you a plan which you can test for a few days.

      Intel Xeon E5-2680
      8 Cores
      12GB RAM
      200GB SSD
      Unmetered bandwidth
      1 IPV4
      NJ
      Vmware
      $99. /year

      How to buy this plan?

    • Dam Paypal tax. Nearly 6$ !

      Thanked by 1timelapse
    • @vyas11 said:
      Dam Paypal tax. Nearly 6$ !

      I know other hosts that also pass over the Paypal fee to clients haha

      Thanked by 1vyas11

      I'm stuck

    • @timelapse said:

      @vyas11 said:
      Dam Paypal tax. Nearly 6$ !

      I know other hosts that also pass over the Paypal fee to clients haha

      I am actually okay seeing that line item there. One way or another, there will be one party in the transaction who will have to pay the PayPal Tax. If not disclosed/ called out as such, the buyer in most cases would not even be aware.
      But just because I am okay seeing it does not mean I like it.

    • ouvounouvoun Member
      edited February 2

      georgedatacenter said: Not right now.

      I've offered you a plan which you can test for a few days.

      Intel Xeon E5-2680
      8 Cores
      12GB RAM
      200GB SSD
      Unmetered bandwidth
      1 IPV4
      NJ
      Vmware
      $99. /year

      That...seems too cheap man lol.

    • FAT32FAT32 Member, Moderator, Deal Compiler Extraordinaire

      @ouvoun said:
      That...seems too cheap man lol.

      But too luxury to idle. Some of us (including me) want something not too expensive, monthly payment and idle-able.

      Thanked by 1NanoG6

      Highly emotional. Need more deals to calm myself down.

    • @isunbejo said:

      @vyas11 said:

      @georgedatacenter said:

      @FAT32 said:
      @georgedatacenter I saw you secretly liked someone's post...

      Can I ask you kindly to bring us some $2.99/yr magic? :)

      Not right now.

      I've offered you a plan which you can test for a few days.

      Intel Xeon E5-2680
      8 Cores
      12GB RAM
      200GB SSD
      Unmetered bandwidth
      1 IPV4
      NJ
      Vmware
      $99. /year

      What is the location? THx

      @vyas11 said:

      @georgedatacenter said:

      @FAT32 said:
      @georgedatacenter I saw you secretly liked someone's post...

      Can I ask you kindly to bring us some $2.99/yr magic? :)

      Not right now.

      I've offered you a plan which you can test for a few days.

      Intel Xeon E5-2680
      8 Cores
      12GB RAM
      200GB SSD
      Unmetered bandwidth
      1 IPV4
      NJ
      Vmware
      $99. /year

      What is the location? THx

      NJ = New Jersey ?

      OK thanks i'm noted

    • Ah, guys, focus!

      We're looking for a SGP VPS! :lol:

      Thanked by 2uptime AK_KWH
    • @pullangcubo said:
      Ah, guys, focus!

      We're looking for a SGP VPS! :lol:

      Everybody got excited with @georgedatacenter's offer. LOL. Can't deny, he peaked my interest too.

    • @poisson said:

      @HostDoc said:

      @poisson said:

      @IonSwitch_Stan said:

      Did you just leak trade secret 473?

      My next offer. The only provider with 220 fair-use cores in a single VPS. KVM wont let you boot with over 255 unless your in q35 mode... and even then wouldn't work. Would love to offer 1k cores.

      Although it is technically possible to assign 9 threads to an 8 thread host node, that's clearly fraud for selling something that isn't possible. And the good Doc is going around saying people have malicious intentions. Facts are facts.

      You are a conundrum @poisson and a very confused academic
      So, you have very quickly forgotten your favourite hosts plan in Germany for a certain member with more cores than the host system?
      Yet, you praised that plan and encouraged more users to spend their cash on the same node???

      Yes, it is possible to sell more cores than a system has you numpty and it is not fraud.
      You are just very salty.

      Fraud. Shill. A lot of words that some may say sums "you" up perfectly.

      Not sure where you are going with multiple personal attacks, but well, nothing new.

      Try not take the attack personally. Try to detach yourself, recognizing the attack as more about the attacker’s emotional needs and communication skills. The attack is not a reflection on you.

      Purveyor of high quality potassium | "Get a FREE high-spec VPS from Evolution Host"

    • poissonpoisson Member
      edited February 2

      @dahartigan said:

      @poisson said:

      @HostDoc said:

      @poisson said:

      @IonSwitch_Stan said:

      Did you just leak trade secret 473?

      My next offer. The only provider with 220 fair-use cores in a single VPS. KVM wont let you boot with over 255 unless your in q35 mode... and even then wouldn't work. Would love to offer 1k cores.

      Although it is technically possible to assign 9 threads to an 8 thread host node, that's clearly fraud for selling something that isn't possible. And the good Doc is going around saying people have malicious intentions. Facts are facts.

      You are a conundrum @poisson and a very confused academic
      So, you have very quickly forgotten your favourite hosts plan in Germany for a certain member with more cores than the host system?
      Yet, you praised that plan and encouraged more users to spend their cash on the same node???

      Yes, it is possible to sell more cores than a system has you numpty and it is not fraud.
      You are just very salty.

      Fraud. Shill. A lot of words that some may say sums "you" up perfectly.

      Not sure where you are going with multiple personal attacks, but well, nothing new.

      Try not take the attack personally. Try to detach yourself, recognizing the attack as more about the attacker’s emotional needs and communication skills. The attack is not a reflection on you.

      I only worry if I don't have the facts. Here are the facts:

      1. I have consistently given HostDoc high marks and recommended him on numerous occasions in the last 6 months based on available evidence, even in the Reliablesite spat (my words are publicly available for verification on relevant threads in LET).

      2. When the evidence suggests serious issues with HostDoc's operations, I didn't continue to recommend him based on mounting new credible evidence. I left HostDoc the door open to recommending him again once the issues were addressed. Again, my words are verifiable with a search on LET.

      What I got in return were those kinds of baseless accusations. Basically, what Doc is saying is that I should continue recommending him despite the serious problems I saw. Actually, HostDoc doesn't mind people being a shill it seems, as long as you are his shill.

      Therefore, it is rich that he is decrying others for being a shill. I have no problems with HostDoc per se. If he had worked in his operational issues I would have gladly recommended him again because what the community need is more reliable providers, not fewer. However, he prefers not to work on being one, and that is not something any of us can help him with.

      Deals and Reviews: LowEndBoxes Review | Avoid dodgy providers with The LEBRE Whitelist | Free hosting (with conditions): Evolution-Host, NanoKVM, FreeMach, ServedEZ | Follow latest deals on Twitter or Telegram

    • kennsannkennsann Member
      edited February 2

      Ok, things just escalated quickly here.!

      I never thought, you'll move your feud here, even if this was a thread asking for recommendation.

      Thanked by 1pullangcubo
    • @kennsann said:
      Ok, things just escalated quickly here.!

      I never thought, you'll move your feud here, even if this was a thread asking for recommendation.

      Was just giving an opinion that your case looks like fraud because you were promised 9 cores on a 8 core host node and then the good Doc jumped in with his usual stuff. Actually, I don't have a feud with him; he has one with me.

      Deals and Reviews: LowEndBoxes Review | Avoid dodgy providers with The LEBRE Whitelist | Free hosting (with conditions): Evolution-Host, NanoKVM, FreeMach, ServedEZ | Follow latest deals on Twitter or Telegram

    • hzrhzr Member, Moderator

      vyas11 said: I am actually okay seeing that line item there. One way or another, there will be one party in the transaction who will have to pay the PayPal Tax. If not disclosed/ called out as such, the buyer in most cases would not even be aware.

      image ??

    • @poisson said:

      @kennsann said:
      Ok, things just escalated quickly here.!

      I never thought, you'll move your feud here, even if this was a thread asking for recommendation.

      Was just giving an opinion that your case looks like fraud because you were promised 9 cores on a 8 core host node and then the good Doc jumped in with his usual stuff. Actually, I don't have a feud with him; he has one with me.

      I didn't mind the 9vCores, Its probably just for purposes of knowing what I was sold. Since I wanted to combine everything that I bought from them into one VPS.

    • @kennsann said:

      @poisson said:

      @kennsann said:
      Ok, things just escalated quickly here.!

      I never thought, you'll move your feud here, even if this was a thread asking for recommendation.

      Was just giving an opinion that your case looks like fraud because you were promised 9 cores on a 8 core host node and then the good Doc jumped in with his usual stuff. Actually, I don't have a feud with him; he has one with me.

      I didn't mind the 9vCores, Its probably just for purposes of knowing what I was sold. Since I wanted to combine everything that I bought from them into one VPS.

      Were you expecting 9vCore performance when you needed it, though? If an explanatory note was given when the request was done and you went in knowing the full situation of what you can reasonably expect, then I would say I was hasty.

      Deals and Reviews: LowEndBoxes Review | Avoid dodgy providers with The LEBRE Whitelist | Free hosting (with conditions): Evolution-Host, NanoKVM, FreeMach, ServedEZ | Follow latest deals on Twitter or Telegram

    • 9vCPU x i7 7700

      oh fuck, this is golden.

      The only situation the user can benefit from more cores than physically available is, when the node is so overloaded that even a little bit helps to get over other customers.

    • @stefeman said:
      oh fuck, this is golden.

      What a shower it turned out to be. 😛

      Deals and Reviews: LowEndBoxes Review | Avoid dodgy providers with The LEBRE Whitelist | Free hosting (with conditions): Evolution-Host, NanoKVM, FreeMach, ServedEZ | Follow latest deals on Twitter or Telegram

    • @poisson said:

      @kennsann said:

      @poisson said:

      @kennsann said:
      Ok, things just escalated quickly here.!

      I never thought, you'll move your feud here, even if this was a thread asking for recommendation.

      Was just giving an opinion that your case looks like fraud because you were promised 9 cores on a 8 core host node and then the good Doc jumped in with his usual stuff. Actually, I don't have a feud with him; he has one with me.

      I didn't mind the 9vCores, Its probably just for purposes of knowing what I was sold. Since I wanted to combine everything that I bought from them into one VPS.

      Were you expecting 9vCore performance when you needed it, though? If an explanatory note was given when the request was done and you went in knowing the full situation of what you can reasonably expect, then I would say I was hasty.

      Nope, I don't expect it to be 9vCore. Because I know well enough there is no such thing for an i7 7700 to have that much cores. But yes, there is no notice to me that there is a limit, probably he assumed I know.

      Not really an issue for me at the time, because I was so happy with the number of cores, ram, Nvme + HDD, and BW on what I got as compared to what is available with other providers. Also was extremely happy with the performance of the server. Can't really complain about it.

      The only complaint I had is this. honestly I just hate how emotional Doc handled the situation to the ends that he impulsively went directly closing the business. Like with his spat with reliablesites, he was very hasty to pick a fight at the time.

      As a customer, even if he made preparations and informed all of us, it feels like he just suddenly abandoned us customers. Like he would prefer to feed his emotions than prove he can get over any mountain for his customers. I guess, it is probably time for him to go. As a business, emotions should come last and it should be that business decisions should come from a cool mind putting all stakeholder's interest into consideration.

      In this case, the doc has not done.

    • maddymaddy Member

      @HostDoc said:

      @poisson said:

      @IonSwitch_Stan said:

      Did you just leak trade secret 473?

      My next offer. The only provider with 220 fair-use cores in a single VPS. KVM wont let you boot with over 255 unless your in q35 mode... and even then wouldn't work. Would love to offer 1k cores.

      Although it is technically possible to assign 9 threads to an 8 thread host node, that's clearly fraud for selling something that isn't possible. And the good Doc is going around saying people have malicious intentions. Facts are facts.

      You are a conundrum @poisson and a very confused academic
      So, you have very quickly forgotten your favourite hosts plan in Germany for a certain member with more cores than the host system?
      Yet, you praised that plan and encouraged more users to spend their cash on the same node???

      Yes, it is possible to sell more cores than a system has you numpty and it is not fraud.
      You are just very salty.

      Fraud. Shill. A lot of words that some may say sums "you" up perfectly.

      Oh dear. I get more easily irritated than usual at a certain point of the month because of, you all know, some biological reasons, but Doc seems like a guy?

    • 9 cores? Is that something like AMD Phenom all over again? 3 core CPUs or some shit lol

    • seriesnseriesn Member, Provider

      @HostDoc said:

      @poisson said:

      @IonSwitch_Stan said:

      Did you just leak trade secret 473?

      My next offer. The only provider with 220 fair-use cores in a single VPS. KVM wont let you boot with over 255 unless your in q35 mode... and even then wouldn't work. Would love to offer 1k cores.

      Although it is technically possible to assign 9 threads to an 8 thread host node, that's clearly fraud for selling something that isn't possible. And the good Doc is going around saying people have malicious intentions. Facts are facts.

      You are a conundrum @poisson and a very confused academic
      So, you have very quickly forgotten your favourite hosts plan in Germany for a certain member with more cores than the host system?
      Yet, you praised that plan and encouraged more users to spend their cash on the same node???

      Yes, it is possible to sell more cores than a system has you numpty and it is not fraud.
      You are just very salty.

      Fraud. Shill. A lot of words that some may say sums "you" up perfectly.

      Chieve,
      There's a difference between offering based on vCore (8 physical + 8 thread) vs selling 9 core when your hostnode supports 4 core + 4 thread. Fyi, we are pushing majority new builds with 3900x. So there's that.

      Let's not start getting dirty here sir. I have given you my professional courtesy enough time. Grow up, stop blaming people for your mistakes.

      Get your head out of your ass and stop drinking whatever you are drinking. Your personal jabs are getting annoying.

      Thanked by 1dahartigan
    • seriesnseriesn Member, Provider

      @IonSwitch_Stan said:

      I'll be damned, you can assign more cores than exist in the host to a VPS.

      I am working on my core. Hopefully, I will be stronger this summer!

    • @seriesn said:

      @HostDoc said:

      @poisson said:

      @IonSwitch_Stan said:

      Did you just leak trade secret 473?

      My next offer. The only provider with 220 fair-use cores in a single VPS. KVM wont let you boot with over 255 unless your in q35 mode... and even then wouldn't work. Would love to offer 1k cores.

      Although it is technically possible to assign 9 threads to an 8 thread host node, that's clearly fraud for selling something that isn't possible. And the good Doc is going around saying people have malicious intentions. Facts are facts.

      You are a conundrum @poisson and a very confused academic
      So, you have very quickly forgotten your favourite hosts plan in Germany for a certain member with more cores than the host system?
      Yet, you praised that plan and encouraged more users to spend their cash on the same node???

      Yes, it is possible to sell more cores than a system has you numpty and it is not fraud.
      You are just very salty.

      Fraud. Shill. A lot of words that some may say sums "you" up perfectly.

      Chieve,
      There's a difference between offering based on vCore (8 physical + 8 thread) vs selling 9 core when your hostnode supports 4 core + 4 thread. Fyi, we are pushing majority new builds with 3900x. So there's that.

      Let's not start getting dirty here sir. I have given you my professional courtesy enough time. Grow up, stop blaming people for your mistakes.

      Get your head out of your ass and stop drinking whatever you are drinking. Your personal jabs are getting annoying.

      Just want to clarify. Hostdoc never sold me 9 cores. It was 3 vps combined into one.

    • poisson said: I'll be damned, you can assign more cores than exist in the host to a VPS

      Not in proxmox it seems (unless some other settings need changing too).

    • Should we all agree that for many reasons, hostdoc's services are irreplaceable?

      Thanked by 3FAT32 uptime dosai

      Remember the value of LET is purely based on its traffic.

    • FAT32FAT32 Member, Moderator, Deal Compiler Extraordinaire

      @cybertech said:
      Should we all agree that for many reasons, hostdoc's services are irreplaceable?

      Yes.

      Highly emotional. Need more deals to calm myself down.

    • @kennsann said:
      Just want to clarify. Hostdoc never sold me 9 cores. It was 3 vps combined into one.

      He should have clarified that a 9 core is technically impossible on the node you wanted and there will be limitations that you need to agree to.

      Deals and Reviews: LowEndBoxes Review | Avoid dodgy providers with The LEBRE Whitelist | Free hosting (with conditions): Evolution-Host, NanoKVM, FreeMach, ServedEZ | Follow latest deals on Twitter or Telegram

    • vyas11vyas11 Member
      edited February 2

      @seriesn said:

      @IonSwitch_Stan said:

      I'll be damned, you can assign more cores than exist in the host to a VPS.

      I am working on my core. Hopefully, I will be stronger this summer!

      I want to see you you develop an 8 pack
      a 9 pack .

    • seriesnseriesn Member, Provider

      @kennsann said:

      @seriesn said:

      @HostDoc said:

      @poisson said:

      @IonSwitch_Stan said:

      Did you just leak trade secret 473?

      My next offer. The only provider with 220 fair-use cores in a single VPS. KVM wont let you boot with over 255 unless your in q35 mode... and even then wouldn't work. Would love to offer 1k cores.

      Although it is technically possible to assign 9 threads to an 8 thread host node, that's clearly fraud for selling something that isn't possible. And the good Doc is going around saying people have malicious intentions. Facts are facts.

      You are a conundrum @poisson and a very confused academic
      So, you have very quickly forgotten your favourite hosts plan in Germany for a certain member with more cores than the host system?
      Yet, you praised that plan and encouraged more users to spend their cash on the same node???

      Yes, it is possible to sell more cores than a system has you numpty and it is not fraud.
      You are just very salty.

      Fraud. Shill. A lot of words that some may say sums "you" up perfectly.

      Chieve,
      There's a difference between offering based on vCore (8 physical + 8 thread) vs selling 9 core when your hostnode supports 4 core + 4 thread. Fyi, we are pushing majority new builds with 3900x. So there's that.

      Let's not start getting dirty here sir. I have given you my professional courtesy enough time. Grow up, stop blaming people for your mistakes.

      Get your head out of your ass and stop drinking whatever you are drinking. Your personal jabs are getting annoying.

      Just want to clarify. Hostdoc never sold me 9 cores. It was 3 vps combined into one.

      I didn't mean to come at you boss. Sorry if that is the case.

      It is not about selling 9 core. It is about assigning resources that is not there.

    • @vyas11 said:

      @seriesn said:

      @IonSwitch_Stan said:

      I'll be damned, you can assign more cores than exist in the host to a VPS.

      I am working on my core. Hopefully, I will be stronger this summer!

      I want to see you you develop an 8 pack
      a 9 pack .

      He will be thread-ripped by summer.

      Deals and Reviews: LowEndBoxes Review | Avoid dodgy providers with The LEBRE Whitelist | Free hosting (with conditions): Evolution-Host, NanoKVM, FreeMach, ServedEZ | Follow latest deals on Twitter or Telegram

    • @maddy said:

      @HostDoc said:

      @poisson said:

      @IonSwitch_Stan said:

      Did you just leak trade secret 473?

      My next offer. The only provider with 220 fair-use cores in a single VPS. KVM wont let you boot with over 255 unless your in q35 mode... and even then wouldn't work. Would love to offer 1k cores.

      Although it is technically possible to assign 9 threads to an 8 thread host node, that's clearly fraud for selling something that isn't possible. And the good Doc is going around saying people have malicious intentions. Facts are facts.

      You are a conundrum @poisson and a very confused academic
      So, you have very quickly forgotten your favourite hosts plan in Germany for a certain member with more cores than the host system?
      Yet, you praised that plan and encouraged more users to spend their cash on the same node???

      Yes, it is possible to sell more cores than a system has you numpty and it is not fraud.
      You are just very salty.

      Fraud. Shill. A lot of words that some may say sums "you" up perfectly.

      Oh dear. I get more easily irritated than usual at a certain point of the month because of, you all know, some biological reasons, but Doc seems like a guy?

      Men have feelings too! :smiley: And PMS-s. :)

      I PMS when very hungry. Friends and colleagues know it. So even if there's lots of work to be done, my calling a lunch break doesn't get questioned - since the alternative is the snarky/sarcastic mode.

      Mostly harmless™

      I/O Gremlin

    • seriesnseriesn Member, Provider

      @vyas11 said:

      @seriesn said:

      @IonSwitch_Stan said:

      I'll be damned, you can assign more cores than exist in the host to a VPS.

      I am working on my core. Hopefully, I will be stronger this summer!

      I want to see you you develop an 8 pack
      a 9 pack .

      @poisson said:

      @vyas11 said:

      @seriesn said:

      @IonSwitch_Stan said:

      I'll be damned, you can assign more cores than exist in the host to a VPS.

      I am working on my core. Hopefully, I will be stronger this summer!

      I want to see you you develop an 8 pack
      a 9 pack .

      He will be thread-ripped by summer.

      I am up at 5 in the morning, on a Sunday, just to read comments like this :lol:

      Thanked by 1uptime
    • @seriesn said:

      @kennsann said:

      @seriesn said:

      @HostDoc said:

      @poisson said:

      @IonSwitch_Stan said:

      Did you just leak trade secret 473?

      My next offer. The only provider with 220 fair-use cores in a single VPS. KVM wont let you boot with over 255 unless your in q35 mode... and even then wouldn't work. Would love to offer 1k cores.

      Although it is technically possible to assign 9 threads to an 8 thread host node, that's clearly fraud for selling something that isn't possible. And the good Doc is going around saying people have malicious intentions. Facts are facts.

      You are a conundrum @poisson and a very confused academic
      So, you have very quickly forgotten your favourite hosts plan in Germany for a certain member with more cores than the host system?
      Yet, you praised that plan and encouraged more users to spend their cash on the same node???

      Yes, it is possible to sell more cores than a system has you numpty and it is not fraud.
      You are just very salty.

      Fraud. Shill. A lot of words that some may say sums "you" up perfectly.

      Chieve,
      There's a difference between offering based on vCore (8 physical + 8 thread) vs selling 9 core when your hostnode supports 4 core + 4 thread. Fyi, we are pushing majority new builds with 3900x. So there's that.

      Let's not start getting dirty here sir. I have given you my professional courtesy enough time. Grow up, stop blaming people for your mistakes.

      Get your head out of your ass and stop drinking whatever you are drinking. Your personal jabs are getting annoying.

      Just want to clarify. Hostdoc never sold me 9 cores. It was 3 vps combined into one.

      I didn't mean to come at you boss. Sorry if that is the case.

      It is not about selling 9 core. It is about assigning resources that is not there.

      Not really offended by the comment. I just dont wany the guy (doc) get too buried in the grave for this thread. I still did enjoy using the server and probably its an offshoot on his part by not informing me about the 9vCpu.

      Again he didnt sell it that way. I just ordered doc to combine the 3 vps which all had 3vCpu hence having 9.

      That's my last hurrah for the doc. Still very disappointed with them closing. I even paid a full year for my server with them. Now gotta find a new server.

      Btw, to anyone else commenting. Hope we get back on track of recommending other providers and away from discussing hostdoc.

    • @seriesn said:

      @vyas11 said:

      @seriesn said:

      @IonSwitch_Stan said:

      I'll be damned, you can assign more cores than exist in the host to a VPS.

      I am working on my core. Hopefully, I will be stronger this summer!

      I want to see you you develop an 8 pack
      a 9 pack .

      @poisson said:

      @vyas11 said:

      @seriesn said:

      @IonSwitch_Stan said:

      I'll be damned, you can assign more cores than exist in the host to a VPS.

      I am working on my core. Hopefully, I will be stronger this summer!

      I want to see you you develop an 8 pack
      a 9 pack .

      He will be thread-ripped by summer.

      I am up at 5 in the morning, on a Sunday, just to read comments like this :lol:

      You should be working out my man not posting on forums. Otherwise no deal hacking spreadsheets for you.

    Sign In or Register to comment.