Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

HostDoc are closing down - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

HostDoc are closing down

Comments

• @dahartigan said:
    Emotions are high,
    So am I.
    As @deank would say,
    The end is nigh.

I am sure @deank will like this.

• corbpiecorbpie Member
    edited February 2020

timelapse said: Tbh these 3 forums seem like ran by a gang, a group of people that protect each other only instead of a genuine community that helps each other out. Its toxic

It has flipped around a bit see my issue with HD from JAN 2019 and this a month later were i stated dahartigan need to public state he was asociated with HD and stop 'shilling' sure enough a few months later he got his host rep tag.... things fell apart between the two recently obviously

• speechless too

• Sad news to have a service that had so many happy customers shut down. I wish @HostDoc was able to have both financial and mental success, but personal health comes first. After the ReliableSite drama in LA it really felt like the responsibility and stress was too much. I have one server that's been running great and was going to get more.

• @corbpie said:

timelapse said: Tbh these 3 forums seem like ran by a gang, a group of people that protect each other only instead of a genuine community that helps each other out. Its toxic

It has flipped around a bit see my issue with HD from JAN 2019 and this a month later were i stated dahartigan need to public state he was asociated with HD and stop 'shilling' sure enough a few months later he got his host rep tag.... things fell apart between the two recently obviously

Yes Ive known about the SG and AU issues but those were not recent. I had my vps on EU and US btw

• @HostDoc

I am really sad to hear the news, I attached ticket # 866303

Thanked by 1timelapse
  • I'm very sad to read this .. I have a overall good experience with HostDoc ..

Thanked by 1timelapse
  • @poisson said:

@timelapse said:
    Tbh these 3 forums seem like ran by a gang, a group of people that protect each other only instead of a genuine community that helps each other out. Its toxic

My last comment reminding you what I was referring to about unverified allegations. The forums are run by very respectable people.

Again that post ran = doesnt mean the admins or mods. That could mean active ppl / a group of ppl on the forum seeming to ran it. Protecting someone part of their group or attacking someone together.

Besides that post didnt tag anyone. You werent tagged. Yet you tag me. Ok lets stop derailing this thread.

• I don't think I'm alone in this, but here it goes:

I've always stayed away from hosts primarily run by a single person. This is why. The idea that a single person can end the entire thing kinda scares me... In larger companies, there are checks and balances to prevent this kind of thing, and it's alot easier on the conscience if you know that this is the case.

Yes large companies can be problematic (ahem CC), but they are also much more stable in the long term.

Just my two cents.

• @timelapse said:
    Yet you tag me. Ok lets stop derailing this thread.

I quoted you. The tag was automatically done when quoting. Why did you assume I was attacking you for an automated function? I agree with not de-railing the thread.

• @ehhthing said:
    I don't think I'm alone in this, but here it goes:

I've always stayed away from hosts primarily run by a single person. This is why. The idea that a single person can end the entire thing kinda scares me... In larger companies, there are checks and balances to prevent this kind of thing, and it's alot easier on the conscience if you know that this is the case.

Yes large companies can be problematic (ahem CC), but they are also much more stable in the long term.

Just my two cents.

Can you share providers where you have services with? Afaik @Francisco is a 2-man and 1-woman show. @MikeA @MikePT @Mic-hael are 1-man show too. Theyre great and sometimes there are issues too still mostly positive

Thanked by 2MikePT MichaelCee
  • @poisson said:

@timelapse said:
    Yet you tag me. Ok lets stop derailing this thread.

I quoted you. The tag was automatically done when quoting. Why did you assume I was attacking you for an automated function? I agree with not de-railing the thread.

Well you said I made allegations but I never tagged anyone. Never named anyone. Then you accuse me as a shill. That is not an attack? Who is you? Its me since you quoted me and tagged me. I never said it was the function. It was your action.

• ehhthingehhthing Member
    edited February 2020

@timelapse said:

@ehhthing said:

Just my two cents.

Can you share providers where you have services with? Afaik @Francisco is a 2-man and 1-woman show. @MikeA @MikePT @Mic-hael are 1-man show too. Theyre great and sometimes there are issues too still mostly positive

I only have paid services with OVH, Scaleway/Online.net and DigitalOcean.

To be clear, I am not questioning the quality of service, which is probably excellent, but in the long run, providers with a much larger staff and executive list is one that I would prefer to use.

• @ehhthing said:

@timelapse said:

@ehhthing said:

Just my two cents.

I only have paid services with OVH, Scaleway/Online.net and DigitalOcean.

The doc only resells from ovh hetzner and other DCs afaik.

Im already looking at other deals to switch and I am kind of wary of choosing similar providers now. It seems every 2-3 years you might have to switch

• @MikeA said:

@timelapse said:
    @MikeA @MikePT @Mic-hael are 1-man show too.

Is it a coincidence we all have the same name?

The One-Mike Army

• @MikeA said:

@timelapse said:
    @MikeA @MikePT @Mic-hael are 1-man show too.

Is it a coincidence we all have the same name?

To be honest youre really great Mike. A ticket reply within 5 mins or less than 30 mins and were from different part of the globe. Great service and great support

Thanked by 1MikeA
  • Them cunts in this thread tho... Maybe give it a rest already? You did it, it's done, go watch some birds or something. :P

Thanked by 1TimboJones
  • timelapsetimelapse Member
    edited February 2020

@HostDoc come on doc if the biz is healthy why close? Just remove the live chat and limit ticket replies to 24-72 hrs so you could take a breather. Take a break from the forums? Only visit to post deals? Save everyone the trouble of migrating and leaving :disappointed:

• @timelapse said:
    @HostDoc come on doc if the biz is healthy why close? Just remove the live chat and limit ticket replies to 24-72 hrs so you could take a breather. Take a break for the forums? Only visit to post deals? Save everyone the trouble of migrating and leaving :disappointed:

Totally agree, it's too rush to make decision of closing down

• @timelapse said:
    @HostDoc come on doc if the biz is healthy why close? Just remove the live chat and limit ticket replies to 24-72 hrs so you could take a breather. Take a break from the forums? Only visit to post deals? Save everyone the trouble of migrating and leaving :disappointed:

yes, many still need services from @hostdoc, hopefully they can still exist to provide good services.

Thanked by 1timelapse
  • @PhantomPain said:

@timelapse said:
    @HostDoc come on doc if the biz is healthy why close? Just remove the live chat and limit ticket replies to 24-72 hrs so you could take a breather. Take a break for the forums? Only visit to post deals? Save everyone the trouble of migrating and leaving :disappointed:

Totally agree, it's too rush to make decision of closing down

Yes, what would you do when you retire @HostDoc ? You said the brand will be for that. The brand is too good just to end now. Dont stop the dream

Thanked by 1yoursunny
  • jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

PhantomPain said: Totally agree, it's too rush to make decision of closing down

Here's how it feels to be HostDoc right now

I hate you

You can't do anything right

Wait why are you leaving?

Pick it apart any way you like, but I know how it feels. Empathy is as helpful as it is destructive.

• @jar said:

PhantomPain said: Totally agree, it's too rush to make decision of closing down

Here's how it feels to be HostDoc right now

I hate you

You can't do anything right

Wait why are you leaving?

Pick it apart any way you like, but I know how it feels. Empathy is as helpful as it is destructive.

Yea isolation can sometimes make you make abrupt decisions based off emotion. But here we are his clients telling @HostDoc that his services are great and we appreciate his efforts. Specially for me how transparent he is. I appreciate how he always sends those emails telling us what is up. Him respecting my choice not to be sent newsletter (which most providers dont tbh). I only get emails from the doc about service alerts and what not. So I will really miss my vps with him.

Thanked by 1jar
  • This whole situation turned to shit precisely at the moment that facts were responded to with personal attacks and accusations. The core issue appeared a secondary concern compared to the primary goal of discrediting those who spoke out.

Thanked by 1NobodyInteresting
  • CConnerCConner Member, Host Rep

@ehhthing said:

Just my two cents.

Everyone has to start somewhere. Companies rarely just appear with a full staff.

Thanked by 1pluush
  • DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

Hey Doc, take a break, let some steam off, go on vacation or something, and if ever you want to re-think about all of this, do it later.

With all the experiences you’ve gained and the lessons you’ve learned throughout the years, you can always come back as a better person, and a better provider.

• Since their Maxmind kicked me out, didn't bought their service.
    Nothing to say about the situation...

Thanked by 1jar
  • jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@lowendclient said:
    Since their Maxmind kicked me out, didn't bought their service.

I waited up until 2:45am to see your take on it, and you had nothing? Alright I'm going to bed.

• @lowendclient said:
    Since their Maxmind kicked me out, didn't bought their service.

Congrats on your 190th comment

Thanked by 1lowendclient
This discussion has been closed.