Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What do you want to see on LEB? - Page 9
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

What do you want to see on LEB?

Comments

• jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

Thanks for the summary on this.

What is the consensus of the community on the offers posted on leb related to this potentially single party?

• jbiloh said: What is the consensus of the community on the offers posted on leb related to this potentially single party?

I sense a ban hammer. :o

• @jbiloh said:

What is the consensus of the community on the offers posted on leb related to this potentially single party

My opinion is that there is not enough of a vetting process if these weird things get through the signup process.

Please announce some changes to that.

@teamacc said:

@jbiloh said:

What is the consensus of the community on the offers posted on leb related to this potentially single party

My opinion is that there is not enough of a vetting process if these weird things get through the signup process.

Please announce some changes to that.

So our content writer isn't able to nor does she have the time to conduct vetting like our highly technical community here.

What are some easy vetting steps that could be implemented in your mind?

And is the consensus 100 percent among the community that this small company in question is running multiple brands and trying to get them advertised? Should one brand be allowed to remain?

• @jbiloh Process should be simple.

LET mods are an excellent group of people. Who serves this forum, without any financial benefit. Have them VET/Vote on offers. Make that data public (won by how many vote), when posting an offer.

Posts should still adhere to the old guideline that "LEA" had/still shows on the request process.

• @jbiloh said:

Ones that are NOT made public, as scammers will work their way around them.

Thanked by 1uptime
  • how about simply not allowing offers from any unknown party with just a fancy domain name?
    if the owner is not willing to tell you who they are in real life and prove f.i. with whom they are in business, that simply should raise a flag. I mean... if they offer services out of a certain DC they at least should be able to provide invoices or whatever with their real name on it as identity proof.

• @Falzo said:
    how about simply not allowing offers from any unknown party with just a fancy domain name?
    if the owner is not willing to tell you who they are in real life and prove f.i. with whom they are in business, that simply should raise a flag. I mean... if they offer services out of a certain DC they at least should be able to provide invoices or whatever with their real name on it as identity proof.

Didnt work, see the 25 hosts that went bust, where CC had control of both the DC (hence the invoices) and the advertising platform.

• ScienceOnlineScienceOnline Member
    edited February 2020

@jbiloh said:

What is the consensus of the community on the offers posted on leb related to this potentially single party?

It's you and Chris that created that brand and all the others we are talking about, we are not idiots.

• I think I kinda lost some information, but who owns LET/LEB now after all?

• @luissousa said:
    I think I kinda lost some information, but who owns LET/LEB now after all?

Chris, who has married Frank Williams. Since gay marriage is outlawed, Frank is planning to become a woman.

Sex changes are coming.

/sarcasm.

• JesusJesus Member
    edited February 2020

Dad is watching.

Thanked by 1uptime
  • @luissousa said:

I was wondering the same thing, I think it is this Frank Williams guy

• joepie91joepie91 Member, Patron Provider

jbiloh said: So our content writer isn't able to nor does she have the time to conduct vetting like our highly technical community here.

This is precisely what I said earlier; someone who isn't part of this community cannot keep a finger on the pulse.

There are no cheap and easy solutions here, it's going to require serious changes, like I suggested before.

@joepie91 said:

jbiloh said: So our content writer isn't able to nor does she have the time to conduct vetting like our highly technical community here.

This is precisely what I said earlier; someone who isn't part of this community cannot keep a finger on the pulse.

There are no cheap and easy solutions here, it's going to require serious changes, like I suggested before.

Thanks for your further input.

As I mentioned a few days ago @trewq is going to be posting soon about involving the community in content creation so I won't get in the way of that incoming thread.

@luissousa said:

I do. As of a few weeks ago its no longer owned by Deluxe or ColoCrossing (ColoCrossing was acquired by Deluxe in June 2018).

• ScienceOnlineScienceOnline Member
    edited February 2020

@jbiloh said:

@luissousa said:

I do. As of a few weeks ago its no longer owned by Deluxe or ColoCrossing (ColoCrossing was acquired by Deluxe in June 2018).

So can you state that all that things Listed by teamcc are coincidences? Can you state that Is safe for us to give our money to them? Because actually it starts to seem that you want to steal money from us, if they are coincidences you are the most unfortunate man on earth.

• @jbiloh said:

@luissousa said:

Are you still employed by either deluxe or colocrossing?

How can you guarantee that there will be no conflict of interests here?

@ScienceOnline said:

@jbiloh said:

@luissousa said:

So can you state that all that things Listed by teamcc are coincidences? Can you state that Is safe for us to give our money to them? Because actually it starts to seem that you want to steal money from us, if they are coincidences you are the most unfortunate man on earth.

I have no idea if they are coincidences or not regarding that little host that might be one guy, or three guys, who are running two brands. If it's the consensus of the community who has investigated this thoroughly that one or both of the posts should be removed I'm fine with that.

Just had a great chat with a bunch of folks on discord. Thanks to everyone for their input and thoughts. Appreciate how welcoming everyone was.

• @jbiloh said:
    Just had a great chat with a bunch of folks on discord. Thanks to everyone for their input and thoughts. Appreciate how welcoming everyone was.

great. now go to LET discord and try the same! ;-)

Thanked by 3Lee seriesn dahartigan

@Falzo said:

@jbiloh said:

great. now go to LET discord and try the same! ;-)

I am on the low end talk discord. That's what I was referring to.

• @teamacc said:

@jbiloh said:

@luissousa said:

He dodged, it seems.

@poisson said:

@teamacc said:

@jbiloh said:

@luissousa said:

He dodged, it seems.

I had actually answered this on the low end talk discord earlier today so didn't also answer it here. I am not an employee of Deluxe. I do a bit of consulting for Deluxe in an advisory role. They've treated me well and I'll continue to contribute however they see fit in support of our customers and employees.

As far as a bias, time will tell. My intent it to make low end box and low end talk an open and welcoming community for all enthusiasts and all hosts.

• Thanked by 1MrH
  • LeeLee Veteran

Just putting my marker in the sand now to say "I told you so" when he shits over everyone again.

I even think he is starting to believe some of the things he is saying in this thread.

Thanked by 2uptime AlwaysSkint
  • joepie91joepie91 Member, Patron Provider

jbiloh said: I had actually answered this on the low end talk discord earlier today so didn't also answer it here. I am not an employee of Deluxe. I do a bit of consulting for Deluxe in an advisory role. They've treated me well and I'll continue to contribute however they see fit in support of our customers and employees.

Does your consulting include anything relating to marketing?

• Another day another scam, frequent network, yearly Plan, domain registeret on december 1st 2019 according to hosterstats. Just a coincidence that all hosts poster there are new brands with few month of life.

Thanked by 1uptime
  • uptimeuptime Member
    edited February 2020

You know, that there LEB review series is actually a pretty good idea! Funniest fucking thing I've seen on LET in a long time, really.

LET us endeavor to pursue more brilliant "out of the box" thinking fellas - for great justice!

gg @jbiloh your blithe perseveration in the face of adversity is truly inspirational - for this you have certainly earned a singular level of respect :)