Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What do you want to see on LEB? - Page 8
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

What do you want to see on LEB?

Comments

• Frank Williams is a two-headed creature,
    C'mon... it's jbiloh and Chris writing There and nobody else

• @ScienceOnline said:
    Frank Williams is a two-headed creature,
    C'mon... it's jbiloh and Chris writing There and nobody else

• Lets get 81vps.com in here too. Sharing the very same analytics ID too.

@LosAngelesVPS how is this related to you?

Thanked by 2default maverickp
  • poissonpoisson Member
    edited February 2020

You know what this shit show is @SCAM_DONT_BUY

Thanked by 1dahartigan
  • And then one day @jbiloh break free from cage and get it

Thanked by 1uptime
  • LosAngelesVPSLosAngelesVPS Member
    edited February 2020

@teamacc That is a reseller of ours, we bounce ideas on Skype at times, including the topic of the fiverr gig months ago.

I'm not sure why you seem to have a personal vendetta against me, finding every possible angle to attack me and pick the specific details to share, versus the full picture. I have never scammed anyone, and have taken more of my time than I should have to continue to address your comments on a Saturday. You seem to have a personal hatred against LEB in particular, and attack every host that gets posted on there (ever since the first page of this thread). We do not even use Colocrossing servers, so it goes so far to show that you are making a broad generality towards every hosting company posted on LEB.

I know that there is a lot of you that have gotten scammed from other hosts on LEB, so I can see where your concern is coming from, but let's look at the facts and not blow things out of proportion in a large generality. If there's ever any factual evidence of me or my company ever scamming anyone - I'd be happy to address it, but at this point, I have to prioritize accordingly as it seems you are over-dramatizing the situation at me and my company's expense.

After all, there are hundreds of hosting companies out there in the VPS space, you do not have to use our services if you want to - or you are welcome to try us out on a month to month plan.

hzr said: I'm at least a tiny bit inclined to believe it's fiverr related, because the same UA-xxxx is used on various (mostly indian-related?) insecure, badly built, non-hosting, vulnerable, sites like https://biizlo.com/ and http://oercedu.com/

Thanks for noticing that there's a heads and a tail to every quarter. Indeed, the fiverr gig we ordered and worked with does show the country of the profile as India.

• @LosAngelesVPS said:
    @teamacc That is a reseller of ours, we bounce ideas on Skype at times, including the topic of the fiverr gig months ago.

I'm not sure why you seem to have a personal vendetta against me, finding every possible angle to attack me and pick the specific details to share, versus the full picture. I have never scammed anyone, and have taken more of my time than I should have to continue to address your comments on a Saturday. You seem to have a personal hatred against LEB in particular, and attack every host that gets posted on there (ever since the first page of this thread). We do not even use Colocrossing servers, so it goes so far to show that you are making a broad generality towards every hosting company posted on LEB.

I know that there is a lot of you that have gotten scammed from other hosts on LEB, so I can see where your concern is coming from, but let's look at the facts and not blow things out of proportion in a large generality. If there's ever any factual evidence of me or my company ever scamming anyone - I'd be happy to address it, but at this point, I have to prioritize accordingly as it seems you are over-dramatizing the situation at me and my company's expense.

After all, there are hundreds of hosting companies out there in the VPS space, you do not have to use our services if you want to - or you are welcome to try us out on a month to month plan.

hzr said: I'm at least a tiny bit inclined to believe it's fiverr related, because the same UA-xxxx is used on various (mostly indian-related?) insecure, badly built, non-hosting, vulnerable, sites like https://biizlo.com/ and http://oercedu.com/

Thanks for noticing that there's a heads and a tail to every quarter. Indeed, the fiverr gig we ordered and worked with does show the country of the profile as India.

Too many coincidences. After you take the necessary steps to clean up, we will see.

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

why would your reseller share your ID? Quit bullshitting.

It's amazing. @jbiloh can't even go a week without trying to scam his users.

Sell the site, make some cash, go make another gameserver company.

Francisco

• @Francisco said:
    why would your reseller share your ID? Quit bullshitting.

It's amazing. @jbiloh can't even go a week without trying to scam his users.

Sell the site, make some cash, go make another gameserver company.

Francisco

Non compete?

• jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

Hi guys,

Appreciate the spirited conversation in this thread. Reading all of it and keeping in mind the well written and focused feedback. We are absolutely going to continue our progress towards making low end box and low end talk a better website and a better community.

Regarding this LA VPS company could someone PM me a summary of what's going on there? As far as further conversation on that topic let's get a dedicated thread created for it so we're not confusing things in this thread.

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

seriesn said: Non compete?

Ah, I forgot, CC patented ripping off their customers.

Francisco

• @Francisco said:

seriesn said: Non compete?

Ah, I forgot, CC patented ripping off their customers.

Francisco

Boss,
    Your witty comments cracks me up :lol:

• It's a crazy liquor and cheeseburger party in here

• servarica_haniservarica_hani Member, Patron Provider

@LosAngelesVPS said:

Can you please share the fiverr SEO guy/company who did the work for you ?
    A link will be great

Thanks

Thanked by 1uptime
  • oh ffs please tell us the fiverr hookup was not Joniharwal Bilohmanunan Needfully Limited PLC

Thanked by 1dahartigan
  • jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker

So, we complain about CC/Deluxe having paved a road to hell for many providers. I guess that's true (and very regrettable).

BUT: How does that make it OK for us to pave the road to hell for @LosAngelesVPS? And how does that make it OK to turn legal standards upside down, as in "Prove that you are clean then we'll see".

Granted, I don't see a particularly smart provider there, but hey it's not exactly rare and exceptional to see providers trying to save some bucks by using (and re-using) cheap crap like what fiverr seems to have delivered.

Hell, that company doesn't have anything with CC/Deluxe(/jbiloh) yet some here pushing his business towards hell. Is this really what LET has become? I'd like to think we are better than that.

• whatabout DARVO?

• @LosAngelesVPS said:

I'm sorry, what were you lying?

Identical nameservers == on the same cloudflare account.

That's not a reseller, that's another brand by you.

Please note that you've failed to disclose this obviously, since there's no mention of it in the LEB posts.

Those LEB posts, by the way, were posted within 9 days of one another, breaking LEB rules yet again:

@teamacc said:

I'm not sure that that is correct - but if it is then they should be banned and @jbiloh has an opportunity to show some action matching his words.

Thanked by 1AlwaysSkint
  • To sum it up in a tl;dr for @jbiloh

• It is a coincidence that 81vps, LAVPS and desivps share the same Google Analytics ID. This same sharing of analytics ID was done by the 25 companies that went boom last year.

• It is a coincidence that LAvps confirms a connection between it and 81vps, while it denies the connection with desivps. All 3 using the same analytics id.

• It is a coincidence that some the content of their site is almost 1:1 copied (between desivps and LAvps)

• It is a coincidence that both companies operate from the same datacenter and are both posted on LEB during similar time-frames.

• It is a coincidence that 81vps is a reseller of LAVPS.

• It is hence a coincidence that 81vps lists a psychz ip as their test ip, whilst LAvps lists a dedipath ip. Both provide different routing and hence are not on the same network blend.

• It is a coincidence that 81vps and LAVPS are using the same cloudflare account for their websites.

• It is a coincidence that 81vps failed to disclose their reseller relationship with LAVPS when being featured on LEB.

• It is a coincidence that 81vps and LAvps were posted within 10 days of one another

• It is a coincidence that 81vps and desivps were posted within 10 days of one another

• It is a coincidence that LAvps is using a domain formerly operated by alpharacks

• It is a coincidence that LAvps and alpharacks both offer/offered the same types of hosting (especially the "hybrid server" bullcrap), making @fat32 tell me that "the way they name everything is so similar to AlphaRacks"

• It is a coincidence that PSK hosting (who coincidentally got their hands on the alpharacks user database) was using FastSpring as a payment provider

• It is a coincidence that the 25 companies going boom last year also used FastSpring as a payment provider

• And finally it is a coincidence that 81vps is using FastSpring as a payment provider.

• @teamacc - If it looks like a duck, swims like a duck and quacks like a duck, it's got to be a coincidence, right?

• or a dick

it could be a dick

Thanked by 2dahartigan Francisco
  • joepie91joepie91 Member, Patron Provider

@jsg said:
    So, we complain about CC/Deluxe having paved a road to hell for many providers. I guess that's true (and very regrettable).

BUT: How does that make it OK for us to pave the road to hell for @LosAngelesVPS? And how does that make it OK to turn legal standards upside down, as in "Prove that you are clean then we'll see".

Granted, I don't see a particularly smart provider there, but hey it's not exactly rare and exceptional to see providers trying to save some bucks by using (and re-using) cheap crap like what fiverr seems to have delivered.

Hell, that company doesn't have anything with CC/Deluxe(/jbiloh) yet some here pushing his business towards hell. Is this really what LET has become? I'd like to think we are better than that.

So outsourcing the design to some crappy 'developer' who leaves an analytics ID in there, okay, I could maybe see that happen legitimately, in and of itself. But when the 'coincidences' start stacking up, and @LosAngelesVPS dodges questions about who they actually are... yeah. That smells fishy.

@joepie91 said:
    So outsourcing the design to some crappy 'developer' who leaves an analytics ID in there, okay, I could maybe see that happen legitimately, in and of itself. But when the 'coincidences' start stacking up, and @LosAngelesVPS dodges questions about who they actually are... yeah. That smells fishy.

Yes, it does. But still it's not the accused to prove his innocence but the accusers who need to prove him guilty.

Never exclude simple stupidity as the reason behind weird coincidences.

But anyway, my point was about us. We shouldn't allow others to pull us down to their level. But OK, maybe I'm a unrecoverable optimist.

• By Bayesian reasoning, given the number of coincidences, the final conclusion is that it is almost impossible that LosAngelesVPS is clean.

@SCAM_DONT_BUY

Thanked by 1dahartigan
  • joepie91joepie91 Member, Patron Provider

jsg said: Yes, it does. But still it's not the accused to prove his innocence but the accusers who need to prove him guilty.

That doesn't work in an environment where you're dealing with serial scammers who abuse the presumption of innocence for long enough to score a few victims, and move on under a new identity.

This isn't a court; it's community management. The dynamics are different, and presumption of innocence isn't (and shouldn't be) as absolute as in a court. We don't have the resources for investigation that a police apparatus has, and so we need to protect members of the community in a different way; by calling out fishy things as they appear.

@joepie91 said:

jsg said: Yes, it does. But still it's not the accused to prove his innocence but the accusers who need to prove him guilty.

That doesn't work in an environment where you're dealing with serial scammers who abuse the presumption of innocence for long enough to score a few victims, and move on under a new identity.

This isn't a court; it's community management. The dynamics are different, and presumption of innocence isn't (and shouldn't be) as absolute as in a court. We don't have the resources for investigation that a police apparatus has, and so we need to protect members of the community in a different way; by calling out fishy things as they appear.

Well, you certainly made me think. It seems you are right.

Thanked by 1AlwaysSkint
  • teamaccteamacc Member
    edited February 2020

@jsg said:

@teamacc said:

I'm not sure that that is correct - but if it is then they should be banned and @jbiloh has an opportunity to show some action matching his words.

As per https://blog.cloudflare.com/whats-the-story-behind-the-names-of-cloudflares-name-servers/

Our solution was to come up with domain names where the sequence wasn't obvious. We spent an afternoon generating a list of one hundred common 2- to 4-letter names, like Bob and Lola. We then used them to create the domain names we handed out at signup. Initially there were 50 boys names and 50 girls names. Everyone who signs up gets one of each, allowing for 2,500 unique combinations.

So there is a 1 in 2500 chance that this is NOT the same cloudflare account. But given the additional quacking, and looking like a duck, I think it's safe to say that it is in the same CF account.

Edit2: Actually, they added the "woz" thing later, making it a 1 in 2550 chance, assuming normal spread over the servers.

• AlwaysSkintAlwaysSkint Member
    edited February 2020

The SEO is strong with this one..
    Popcorn ran out - on to scones & strawberry jam, now. ;)