Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What do you want to see on LEB? - Page 7
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

What do you want to see on LEB?

Comments

• joepie91 said: Technically possible, but in that case, who are you? Like, as a person? Who are the team behind the company? Because the site isn't very talkative about that, and the address in the WHOIS is a Digital Realty datacenter.

We are a small team, and small business. It's currently myself and 3 others. Small enough to care and know our customer's needs yet just enough to hold up to our 24x7 support promise. By no means am I a professional digital marketer but I'll look into having our site and content refreshed again, it's been some time.

Our servers are colocated with Internap (via a reseller). Internap sub-leases space from Digital Realty who is the REIT company.

@teamacc, we had previously outsourced our SEO to a company/gig we found from Fiverr. This is no longer the case as the results were not effective. I'll have that updated so they no longer have access to our stats.

• jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

@ScienceOnline said:

@teamacc said:
    Seriously.

What.

The.

Bloody.

Fuck.

@jbiloh do you think we are a buncha brain-injured people or what? Ma Dio cane, now you will come here to tell us the story that everything is normal as if we were intelligent like radiators, don't even give a coin to someone advertised by jbiloh.

Did you really think we wouldn't have noticed?

I'm not at my computer now, but what's the tldr on this? Do I need to remove a leb post?

• @teamacc said:
    You don't even learn do you.

They've done this so many times that it's more or less becoming an objective marker of sites to avoid, unfortunately. So many years and they still can't figure out how not to use the same analytics ID :/

• Both should be fixed now. Re-entered our Themeforest / Envato registration code in the theme settings, and fixed the GA now to remove the fiverr SEO company's access.

• uptimeuptime Member
    edited February 2020
  • deankdeank Member, Troll
    edited February 2020

Fixed, yeah, right. Too late.

Seriously, do you think we are puking idiots?

• Here's an excerpt from https://www.losangelesvps.com/about-us/ :

At Los Angeles VPS, our servers are hosted in top tier and fully redundant datacenters that provide the utmost best network connectivity to you! Even if the city were to lose power for a week, our power generators would sustain and keep your servers online without failure. Additionally we run a multi-homed network that is optimized for best performance.

Here's one from https://desivps.com/aboutus.html :

Our servers are hosted in top tier and fully redundant datacenters that provide the utmost best network connectivity to you! Even if the city were to lose power for a week, our power generators would sustain and keep your servers online without failure. Additionally we run a multi-homed network that is optimized for best performance

Proof in case they take it down:

https://i.gyazo.com/8aef0304cb5b13b149a8d1f63115f068.png
    https://i.gyazo.com/d91f40059a33116f126adb71376ad0b9.png

And no, this is not something they've copied from a public webpage:

• And so the shitshow circus continues with the very same clowns still pissing in the wind

Has @jbiloh suddenly' had some come to @Jesus moment?

Or is he just going to keep trying to milk this grift, fleecing the rubes, dodging questions, and praying today isn't the day he finally gets his shit pushed in ...?

Gee, I dunno. :smiley:

Thanked by 1dahartigan
  • FAT32FAT32 Administrator, Deal Compiler Extraordinaire
    edited February 2020

-

• Please refer to my previous comments. We are no longer outsourcing our SEO and content optimization to fiverr and have not for months. We immediately changed Wordpress admin passwords when we decided to no longer use them, but missed the GA code they stuck into our footer. Thanks.

Our website is certainly due a refresh, I'll be working on that. I noticed that the fiverr company also misspelled "Dedicated Server" as "Dedicated Sever" in our site meta-title, I'll be going through all of this personally.

Where have I read that before....

lol, countless times here on LET.

Sure, sure, whatever you say.

• Thanked by 1uptime
  • I think this song was meant for this thread.

• joepie91joepie91 Member, Patron Provider

@LosAngelesVPS said:

joepie91 said: Technically possible, but in that case, who are you? Like, as a person? Who are the team behind the company? Because the site isn't very talkative about that, and the address in the WHOIS is a Digital Realty datacenter.

We are a small team, and small business. It's currently myself and 3 others. Small enough to care and know our customer's needs yet just enough to hold up to our 24x7 support promise. By no means am I a professional digital marketer but I'll look into having our site and content refreshed again, it's been some time.

Our servers are colocated with Internap (via a reseller). Internap sub-leases space from Digital Realty who is the REIT company.

@teamacc, we had previously outsourced our SEO to a company/gig we found from Fiverr. This is no longer the case as the results were not effective. I'll have that updated so they no longer have access to our stats.

Okay, but that's dodging my questions.

Who are you? As in, identity-wise, a face to put to the name, not something vague like "myself and 3 others".

And why is the WHOIS of your domain registered to the address of your datacenter, rather than your company or personal address?

edited February 2020

That's too much of a philosophical question, Joe.

Asking someone who you are nowadays can be classified as being a racist, at least by Twitter leftists standards.

• @joepie91 said:

@LosAngelesVPS said:

joepie91 said: Technically possible, but in that case, who are you? Like, as a person? Who are the team behind the company? Because the site isn't very talkative about that, and the address in the WHOIS is a Digital Realty datacenter.

Okay, but that's dodging my questions.

Who are you? As in, identity-wise, a face to put to the name, not something vague like "myself and 3 others".

And why is the WHOIS of your domain registered to the address of your datacenter, rather than your company or personal address?

Ask no question, hear no lies

Thanked by 1uptime
  • This issue has been addressed numerous times on Low End Talk. Including in the last couple days! :smiley:

• I'm at least a tiny bit inclined to believe it's fiverr related, because the same UA-xxxx is used on various (mostly indian-related?) insecure, badly built, non-hosting, vulnerable, sites like https://biizlo.com/ and http://oercedu.com/

Thanked by 1uptime
  • I think that the only piece of info from @jbiloh in this thread that I'm ready to believe is that Frank Williams is female.

• yeah, so ... hey I'm feeling lucky today

gonna pay $7 to have someone come piss on my leg and tell me it's raining ...

again.

• defaultdefault Veteran
    edited February 2020

@angstrom said:
    I think that the only piece of info from @jbiloh in this thread that I'm ready to believe is that Frank Williams is female.

Did you just assume the gender of Frank Williams?!

Is Frank Williams even a creature?

What if it has no gender?

• @deank said:
    Is Frank Williams even a creature?

What if it has no gender?

In that case, how does it multiply? Using spores?

Thanked by 1uptime
  • default said: how does it multiply? Using spores?

using fiverr, apparently

Why does it need to multiply? What if it's an alien thingy that's beyond what our little dirty imaginations are capable of?

What if it's a God?

What it's it's me?

Thanked by 1uptime
  • teh @deankpocalypse is nigh ...

• edited February 2020

So I take my previous comment on here back. I am no longer willing to give him/them the benefit of the doubt. This has the same old smell of scam.

Thanked by 2uptime james50a
  • @uptime be right there bud, but this one is a freebie. :)

Thanked by 1uptime
  • uptimeuptime Member
    edited February 2020

@t0ny0 bro I don't practice Santaria and I ain't got no crystal ball

but if I was going to bet $7 ... I'd bet on LEB to take a fall

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

hey, whatever ... some real talk here though:

I'm acutely aware that I've been dumping on (yet another) "fresh start" thread, while some people still want to believe, and hope to somehow see LET rise from the ashes of the dumpster fire that @jbiloh and company have been roasting so many glib weenies over for years already.

oh gosh golly gee, now they're between a rock and a hard place, and how can anyone possibly expect them to come correct at this point really - and aren't they somehow morally obliged to please the fifth now? Fellas, shall we let bygones be bygones? After all, what harm done? They're mostly just scamming ignorant Chinese ammirite? And it's really just cheap tuition in the school of hard knocks ... Never give a sucker an even break. Etc, etc, something something profit.

Fuck that noise.

These assholes have paved a road to hell for legit companies trying to compete with their race to the bottom, and sullied the reputation of anyone who associates with them. Legit services probably would do better not to advertise on LEB, and volunteer mods might think twice about listing LET on their résumé.

@jbiloh and company are a major reason why LET still can't have nice things.

Now maybe the heat is on and they're gonna straighten up and fly right.

Sure, when pigs have wings. I guess we'll see about that.

If it makes people happy to see LET survive this latest iteration hey I can dig it.

But in my book, it's just karmic justice to see a smug grifter get their comeuppance from a community that's been well trained to sniff out this tired bullshit - having learned the hard way from all the brazen scams that have already run their ugly course.