Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What do you want to see on LEB? - Page 5
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

What do you want to see on LEB?

Comments

• @Spectr said:
    What's LET & LEB worth? 🤔

$7 - if running on Debian. If the whole thing runs on Windows, they may be worth more because of license.

• jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

@default said:

@Spectr said:
    What's LET & LEB worth? 🤔

$7 - if running on Debian. If the whole thing runs on Windows, they may be worth more because of license.

Clever, hah.

• billywbillyw Member, Host Rep
    edited February 2020

I would like the provider tag request to go smoother. I am glad that there is Verification, and other forums Verify as well. It would be nice for there to be a place for Providers and those starting their business to have to seek and give advise to one another.

• @uptime said:
    @poisson - lol ... hey bro, you am actually thinks @jbiloh llc would be an improvement to Deluxe? Basically it's the same smarmy grifter running the show, now only without the deep pockets and presumed sensitivity to liability that Deluxe may have had (hence why they washed their hands of it, IMO)

reading this thread reminds me of the Jason from Woot patter, basically just a lot of "lalalala I can't hear you" for the one isssue that actually matters - as has been pointed out many times: the real problem is @jbiloh - and I somehow doubt dude is in any way willing or able to fix that.

tl;dr: Lulz ...

I forgot about Jason from Woot.. he was one hell of a bullshit artist. Always stayed professional no matter what shit was thrown at him (by me, and others) to his credit though. My suspicion is that Jason was Mr Biloh that whole time.

@jbiloh In case you haven't seen, this community is very unhappy with the shit that's gone on around here and nobody seems to believe a word you say. It also seems like you are focusing only on the points that suit your agenda, and ignoring the rest. My advice is to go back over this thread and address every single point that has yet to be addressed, and do so as openly and honestly as possible. If you have a secret or something confidential, just say that. No half-assed response either.

The worst you could do is just confirm the allegations that you're being charged with in the court of LET, and at best you could satisfy even the harshest of critics by addressing their concerns with an approach that requires the use of your entire ass.

Thanked by 1uptime
  • @jbiloh Will fabozzi work with you in LET and LEB? who will work with you on these projects? do you have a team or is it just you?

• jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker
    edited February 2020

@uptime @dahartigan et al.

Let us differentiate between "believing/trusting him" and "at least notice if and when he actually does something". Those are two different things and not being ready for the latter means to taint ones own fairness and human values.

Note that I'm not saying that one should have this or that reaction or that one should trust him if he actually moves forward and actually changes thing for LET. All I'm talking about is to not ignore if and what he actually does.

I myself am not yet ready to even consider trusting @jbiloh. But I notice that he seems to really try and work for LET and to make things better.

• Thanked by 2uptime billyw
  • @dahartigan said:

@uptime said:
    @poisson - lol ... hey bro, you am actually thinks @jbiloh llc would be an improvement to Deluxe? Basically it's the same smarmy grifter running the show, now only without the deep pockets and presumed sensitivity to liability that Deluxe may have had (hence why they washed their hands of it, IMO)

reading this thread reminds me of the Jason from Woot patter, basically just a lot of "lalalala I can't hear you" for the one isssue that actually matters - as has been pointed out many times: the real problem is @jbiloh - and I somehow doubt dude is in any way willing or able to fix that.

I forgot about Jason from Woot.. he was one hell of a bullshit artist. Always stayed professional no matter what shit was thrown at him (by me, and others) to his credit though. My suspicion is that Jason was Mr Biloh that whole time.

@jbiloh In case you haven't seen, this community is very unhappy with the shit that's gone on around here and nobody seems to believe a word you say. It also seems like you are focusing only on the points that suit your agenda, and ignoring the rest. My advice is to go back over this thread and address every single point that has yet to be addressed, and do so as openly and honestly as possible. If you have a secret or something confidential, just say that. No half-assed response either.

The worst you could do is just confirm the allegations that you're being charged with in the court of LET, and at best you could satisfy even the harshest of critics by addressing their concerns with an approach that requires the use of your entire ass.

https://lmddgtfy.net/?q=the%20use%20of%20your%20entire%20ass

Lol - best results with "safe search" toggled off ... I thought this might be some Aussie slang at first but eventually figured it out

@dahartigan I would be (mildly) surprised if Jason Woot == Jon Biloh but yeah you might be onto something, they may as well be. These grifter types are cut from the same sociopathic cloth - the reason they keep their cool is because they dgaf, it's just a job separating fools from their money, fleecing the rubes. While they might feign outrage or indignation etc in pursuit of some objective, they are as likely to tell you how they really feel as they are to simply make a meal of your liver, with some fava beans and a nice chianti.

Thanked by 1dahartigan
  • defaultdefault Veteran
    edited February 2020

@uptime said:
    I would be (mildly) surprised if Jason Woot == Jon Biloh but yeah you might be onto something, they may as well be. These grifter types are cut from the same sociopathic cloth - the reason they keep their cool is because they dgaf, it's just a job separating fools from their money, fleecing the rubes. While they might feign outrage or indignation etc in pursuit of some objective, they are as likely to tell you how they really feel as they are to simply make a meal of your liver, with some fava beans and a nice chianti.

Plot twist: @jbiloh is in fact Maonique.

Thanked by 1uptime
  • Thanked by 2default dahartigan
  • @jbiloh besides all the hate in here another suggestion: if you want to have LEB and LET more connected, I think it is fine to have the offers posted here via the LEBfeed stuff, BUT ...

first of all allow comments/discussions in those threads and don't close them, because there might be shit comments. of course the companies who got featured would need to be represented here to answer and maintain these threads... they would not even need a provider tag to comment in these threads, maybe host rep would be good though.

which leads to number two of important things regarding this: either/or! either open a automatic topic in LET and lead people there to comment/ask questions or have a comment function directly on LEB.

you don't want to have two place where discussion are going on. and you more likely want the strong community here to judge the offers because only that will help avoiding scam and fraudsters in the long run.

closed threads are just a quickly ignored annoyance with no benefit to anyone. not even you.

if you want to get back at least a bit of reputation right now, I'd start with that. opening the threads for discussion, replacing the comment section on LEB with a link to the threads and MOST IMPORTANT only feature new deals from well-known, reputable providers from now, so the quality can improve and the discussions in the topics won't be just shitstorms.

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • @uptime said:

@dahartigan said:

@uptime said:

https://lmddgtfy.net/?q=the%20use%20of%20your%20entire%20ass

Lol - best results with "safe search" toggled off ... I thought this might be some Aussie slang at first but eventually figured it out

PMSL at those results! Half assed is like saying very little effort. I was just playful with the expression by suggesting he use his entire ass (effort).

@dahartigan I would be (mildly) surprised if Jason Woot == Jon Biloh but yeah you might be onto something, they may as well be. These grifter types are cut from the same sociopathic cloth - the reason they keep their cool is because they dgaf, it's just a job separating fools from their money, fleecing the rubes. While they might feign outrage or indignation etc in pursuit of some objective, they are as likely to tell you how they really feel as they are to simply make a meal of your liver, with some fava beans and a nice chianti.

I think your analysis is superior.

Thanked by 2uptime MichaelCee
  • deankdeank Member, Troll

Doesn't matter at this point. Let him live in his lalaland.

There are alternatives now.

Thanked by 1uptime
  • MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

Jon,

You acquired LEB/LET, nowadays are only a consultant for Deluxe, you want to milk as much as possible from LEB/LET. I get it. It's an investment, but we've already been exploited for a long time while the mods here were doing your work.

It'll take time to gain our trust back, even knowing that you just want to milk as much as possible. No one believes that you're keeping the forums and website without any ads for a long time, you even said that it was a plan of yours to turn this place to a profitable site. It probably won't work. What you and Deluxe have done to these forums, until the point that it's no longer worth to pay for the servers, it's something VERY hard to repair.

In regards to the broken emails, I offered a free account in my relay using MailChannels, I was ignored and you didn't even know Sendgrid was working (plus, it doesn't really work well).

People have tried to help you in the past, countless of times, it's just your attitude, now coming back as a hero to save the community that doesn't go well. It's just an attempt to milk as much as you can. This is no longer a cash cow.
    Well, do it, but do it properly. Put some ACTUAL effort in this community. Less words, more action.

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@ScienceOnline said:
    @jbiloh Will fabozzi work with you in LET and LEB? who will work with you on these projects? do you have a team or is it just you?

I hope not, that guy ruins everything he touches.

• gksgks Member
    edited February 2020

@jbiloh , I still believe that the author(s) behind LEB directly benefitted from SCAM or originated SCAM. It is not co-incident that LEB featured scams at multitude level. Since you are admitting that you are the writer behind the posts, can you owe an explanations here?

• @jbiloh said:

1. Cleaned up some of the past LEB offers

SO WHY THE FUCK DID YOU POST ANOTHER ONE OVER THE FUCKING LIMITS

https://lowendbox.com/blog/steadyvps-kvm-offers-starting-at-5-a-month-and-more-special-discounts-for-leb/

JESUS MCFUCKBALLS CAN NO-ONE AT DELUXE COUNT TO TEN OR WHAT

billyw said: I would like the provider tag request to go smoother. I am glad that there is Verification, and other forums Verify as well. It would be nice for there to be a place for Providers and those starting their business to have to seek and give advise to one another.

Once the helpdesk is fixed (next few days) this will get easier.

dahartigan said: @jbiloh In case you haven't seen, this community is very unhappy with the shit that's gone on around here and nobody seems to believe a word you say. It also seems like you are focusing only on the points that suit your agenda, and ignoring the rest. My advice is to go back over this thread and address every single point that has yet to be addressed, and do so as openly and honestly as possible. If you have a secret or something confidential, just say that. No half-assed response either.

Addressing just about everything. Obviously I cannot provide a response to every single comment, but I'd say my responses overall have been very detailed and quite responsive.

Falzo said: @jbiloh besides all the hate in here another suggestion: if you want to have LEB and LET more connected, I think it is fine to have the offers posted here via the LEBfeed stuff, BUT ...

first of all allow comments/discussions in those threads and don't close them, because there might be shit comments. of course the companies who got featured would need to be represented here to answer and maintain these threads... they would not even need a provider tag to comment in these threads, maybe host rep would be good though.

Great suggestion, thank you for this.

Falzo said: which leads to number two of important things regarding this: either/or! either open a automatic topic in LET and lead people there to comment/ask questions or have a comment function directly on LEB.

you don't want to have two place where discussion are going on. and you more likely want the strong community here to judge the offers because only that will help avoiding scam and fraudsters in the long run.

I agree with you completely and @trewq agrees with both of us. We're going to make some improvements here to consolidate discussion, possibly ending comments on LEB and directing them to LET based on community feedback. Still early stages here.

Falzo said: if you want to get back at least a bit of reputation right now, I'd start with that. opening the threads for discussion, replacing the comment section on LEB with a link to the threads and MOST IMPORTANT only feature new deals from well-known, reputable providers from now, so the quality can improve and the discussions in the topics won't be just shitstorms.

Yep, very smart.

dahartigan said: I would be (mildly) surprised if Jason Woot == Jon Biloh but yeah you might be onto something, they may as well be. These grifter types are cut from the same sociopathic cloth - the reason they keep their cool is because they dgaf, it's just a job separating fools from their money, fleecing the rubes. While they might feign outrage or indignation etc in pursuit of some objective, they are as likely to tell you how they really feel as they are to simply make a meal of your liver, with some fava beans and a nice chianti.

I'm here taking the heat for how things have gone at LEB and LET the past few years, but please keep in mind that I am spending tons of time now trying to fix things. I've spent my entire adult life working hard in the IT industry and now looking forward to this chapter.

MikePT said: You acquired LEB/LET, nowadays are only a consultant for Deluxe, you want to milk as much as possible from LEB/LET. I get it. It's an investment, but we've already been exploited for a long time while the mods here were doing your work.

So far I've reduced revenue to clean this place up. That doesn't equal "milking it." I want our community to flourish for the long term.

MikePT said: It'll take time to gain our trust back, even knowing that you just want to milk as much as possible. No one believes that you're keeping the forums and website without any ads for a long time, you even said that it was a plan of yours to turn this place to a profitable site. It probably won't work. What you and Deluxe have done to these forums, until the point that it's no longer worth to pay for the servers, it's something VERY hard to repair.

Yes, eventually I want the website to at least cover its costs. Right now that is not the case. But I am taking a long term approach here.

MikePT said: In regards to the broken emails, I offered a free account in my relay using MailChannels, I was ignored and you didn't even know Sendgrid was working (plus, it doesn't really work well).

You were not ignored, I specifically responded to you but haven't heard anything. I am interested in your offer and thank you for it. Please email me at [email protected] to discuss. SendGrid was working fine until they paused the account and email is now working, but is sending via our own email server. Having a third party service would be better. Thank you for your generosity.

MikePT said: People have tried to help you in the past, countless of times, it's just your attitude, now coming back as a hero to save the community that doesn't go well. It's just an attempt to milk as much as you can. This is no longer a cash cow.

I am a generally very nice and welcoming person. Most folks who talk to me would agree. I don't understand where the idea comes from that I am anything but that. I take a lot of pride in having an even demeanor and being very patient with clients, etc.

MikePT said: Well, do it, but do it properly. Put some ACTUAL effort in this community. Less words, more action.

A lot of effort is happening already my friend. :)

MikePT said: @ScienceOnline said: @jbiloh Will fabozzi work with you in LET and LEB? who will work with you on these projects? do you have a team or is it just you?

Right now it is just me, our content writer and a tech guy friend who is helping me move the website to the new hosting platform.

gks said: Is it not LEB closed yet?

Low End Box gets millions of hits per year and is not closing.

teamacc said: SO WHY THE FUCK DID YOU POST ANOTHER ONE OVER THE FUCKING LIMITS

This post was written before I reminded the content writer of our rules. She's aware now and I fixed this particular post.

Thanked by 2Falzo MikePT
  • @jbiloh said:
    I'm not so sure about that. I can't recall ever denying someone's contributions to help improve the community.

Listening to others’ opinions != actually implementing them.

I still remember when we were all begging for a single SSL certificate for LET (only to have it become completely useless with the introduction of CloudFlare)...

doghouch said: Listening to others’ opinions != actually implementing them.

I still remember when we were all begging for a single SSL certificate for LET (only to have it become completely useless with the introduction of CloudFlare)...

Cloud Flare is 100% required to keep this website online. Without it, it would suffer daily outages due to attacks.

I wish it wasn't that way because it is a very expensive bill each month, but it is what it is.

• @jbiloh said:
    Cloud Flare is 100% required to keep this website online. Without it, it would suffer daily outages due to attacks.

I wish it wasn't that way because it is a very expensive bill each month, but it is what it is.

Surely there are affordable providers with V6 support and DDoS protection?

• @jbiloh said:

doghouch said: Listening to others’ opinions != actually implementing them.

If only there was a provider which provided

Effective DDoS Protection

Which will allow you to

let [their] automated, highly efficient, and expertly crafted DDoS Mitigation Services protect you.

Thanked by 2angstrom james50a

doghouch said: Surely there are affordable providers with V6 support and DDoS protection?

Will not work for the attacks that LEB and LET receive.

In order to keep these websites online the intelligence of the CloudFlare product is required.

• @jbiloh said:
    This post was written before I reminded the content writer of our rules. She's aware now and I fixed this particular post.

So, the name "Frank Williams" refers to a woman?

Thanked by 2MasonR poisson
  • Also, you're completely ignoring the requests for more goddamn clarity with regards to the bankrupcy of the damn one-company host with 25+ brands.

Multiple people have requested additional info on that, and it is within their rights, as LEB has been abused for the purpose of marketing them, whilst knowing full well that it was just a single entity.

LEB and LET will never follow anything you do unless you clarify on this point.

Thanked by 3MasonR uptime poisson
  • @teamacc said:
    Also, you're completely ignoring the requests for more goddamn clarity with regards to the bankrupcy of the damn one-company host with 25+ brands.

Multiple people have requested additional info on that, and it is within their rights, as LEB has been abused for the purpose of marketing them, whilst knowing full well that it was just a single entity.

About that I'd like to ask: who stole all that money? there was a post (similar to this one) opened by Chris where he denied any connection among those sites, this before all were closed, obviously he was lying, so I ask you:

when you posted all those offers, were you aware that they were unsustainable and that a failure was likely? why did you allow one person to put dozens of offers with 30 different brands even though it was clear at least that they were unable to offer a service, I don't say good, but at least functional? Can you say you thought it was all right? normal? and that would have ended well? Have you ever thought that many people would lose their money? who took this money? you know, if you are homertile on these points it becomes difficult to think that it will not happen again

Thanked by 1uptime
  • @teamacc said:

@jbiloh said:

Plot twist: PMS.

• @default said:

@teamacc said:

@jbiloh said:

Plot twist: PMS.

That's not a plot twist, that's normal for here.

teamacc said: Also, you're completely ignoring the requests for more goddamn clarity with regards to the bankrupcy of the damn one-company host with 25+ brands.

I've addressed the issue numerous times on Low End Talk. Including in the last couple days. I've provided as many details as possible under the capacity I am able to. Consumers and ColoCrossing were both hurt in that ordeal and no one wants to see it happen ever again.

teamacc said: So, the name "Frank Williams" refers to a woman?

My content writer is a women, yes. I'll probably rename that account to something generic like "LEB Offers" or something like that.

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

jbiloh said: I believe you may have missed important parts of this post. Low End Box and Low End Talk are no longer owned by ColoCrossing or Deluxe.

None of these scam ops are sentient. They didn't become shitholes on their own. The name on the door/footer wasn't the reason they were terribly run either. A sugar coated turd is still a turd.

You all ran the operation for years with Deluxe only being """""involved""""" in the past year or so.

You all helped some of the biggest scams in this community happen, with Chris being directly involved with swiping some guys wifes credit card, and you all act like it was no big deal.

What happened with hiformance? How about the guy with the 25 operations just the other day? Before anything else you should explain why that was allowed to happen.

Francisco