Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hetzner SX132 and EX62 for transfer
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Hetzner SX132 and EX62 for transfer

SX132 in HEL1-DC2 paid to 2020.02.17 €159.00/mn Transfer for $100

EX62 in FSN1-DC13 paid to 2020.02.14 €69.00/mn Transfer for $50

pretty sure I got the expiration dates correct. Hetzner invoices confuse me.
https://i.imgur.com/H0g2cHO.png

Comments

• From the looks of it, it seems like you haven't been charged for the SX132 for the billing period of 18/01/2020 to 17/02/2020

Just saying that by looking at that invoice. I'm not sure if you're still liable for that charge, or if that debt will get transferred to the new user. Hetzner invoices confuse me too. GL

• I> @sunnyg said:

From the looks of it, it seems like you haven't been charged for the SX132 for the billing period of 18/01/2020 to 17/02/2020

Just saying that by looking at that invoice. I'm not sure if you're still liable for that charge, or if that debt will get transferred to the new user. Hetzner invoices confuse me too. GL

I had similar case recently. If invoice hasn't generated yet, the charges will incur at new owner.

• New owner will have to pay for your usage if the invoice has not been generated yet.

Nice way to transfer the server lol.

• Hetzner_OLHetzner_OL Member, Top Host
    edited January 2020

sithrebel15 said: pretty sure I got the expiration dates correct. Hetzner invoices confuse me.

I believe that the dates that you see in this image are the billing periods for those products. "18/12/2019 - 17/01/2020" <- This is a billing period.
    I am not sure what you mean with "expiration dates". If you have not cancelled the servers, we will continue to invoice you for them. The subscription/service does not "expire". It continues automatically.

You can cancel the servers by going to your user account on Robot. You can look at when the earliest possible cancellation date is for each server. You will be invoiced for each server until the cancellation date. If you want to stop paying for your servers, you need to cancel both of them.

If you decide to transfer the servers to someone else, you need to pay any invoices that we have already made and sent to you. And the person whom you transfer the server to will then pay any future invoices.

If you have more questions about invoices/transfers, please write to our accounting team by writing a support ticket via Robot. They have access to your account information and can give you more details. --Katie

Thanked by 1LightBlade

By the way, there is also a part of our customer Discussion Forum where a lot of our customers discuss possible server transfers. Check under "Marktplaz". It's fine if you post your offer in English. Even though most of the threads are in German, most readers speak English. (It's just that lots of our long-time Forum readers are native German speakers.) --Katie

• @Hetzner_OL said:

sithrebel15 said: pretty sure I got the expiration dates correct. Hetzner invoices confuse me.

I believe that the dates that you see in this image are the billing periods for those products. "18/12/2019 - 17/01/2020" <- This is a billing period.
    I am not sure what you mean with "expiration dates". If you have not cancelled the servers, we will continue to invoice you for them. The subscription/service does not "expire". It continues automatically.

You can cancel the servers by going to your user account on Robot. You can look at when the earliest possible cancellation date is for each server. You will be invoiced for each server until the cancellation date. If you want to stop paying for your servers, you need to cancel both of them.

If you decide to transfer the servers to someone else, you need to pay any invoices that we have already made and sent to you. And the person whom you transfer the server to will then pay any future invoices.

If you have more questions about invoices/transfers, please write to our accounting team by writing a support ticket via Robot. They have access to your account information and can give you more details. --Katie

So, if someone have server with billing periode example 15/01/2020-15/02/2020, then in 31/01/2020 he transfer a server to another user, then old user still pay invoice server until 31/01/2020 the day server is transfer right?

and next start from 1/02/2020 new invoice for another user?

i'm ask this because i'm always get invoice in 3rd day each month, so invoice not been generated in invoices menu.

I think that any invoices that we have already generated via Robot (it's automated) are ones that the previous owner must pay. So it might mean that you have already paid for a server and there are still some paid days on it at the time of transfer, depending on when the transfer happens. (You pay the full invoice that has been issued.) I believe there are mini negotiations via direct message on our Forum between the new and old owners, for example, where the old owner asks the new one for €5 or €10 or something to cover days that they have already paid for. The new owner doesn't pay any setup fees, so they still save money even if they give the old owner €5 or €10 or whatever.
    I know that once we have generated an invoice via Robot from one customer, we can't transfer that invoice to another customer -- or part of the invoice. --Katie