Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Need email hosting... again...
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Need email hosting... again...

Well, it looks like mxroute has a great reputation and yes it is stable, but the problem that I can't check email via nordvpn with them cause they blacklisted part of their servers.

What are the other options? ) I need to access my email from nordvpn or onion network or ..., so no strict policies please, price don't care.

Comments

• zoho email?

• @Nebes said:
    Well, it looks like mxroute has a great reputation and yes it is stable, but the problem that I can't check email via nordvpn with them cause they blacklisted part of their servers.

What are the other options? ) I need to access my email from nordvpn or onion network or ..., so no strict policies please, price don't care.

Build you own with mailcow or mail in a box, or zimbra

• JordJord Moderator, Host Rep

Gsuite or mailcheap?

• RossGRossG Member, Host Rep

@HM-Michael said:

@Nebes said:

Running your own mail server is no fun at all, especially when you can get something like GSuite or Zoho for $5 a month.

• Zoho, gsuite - both has strict security policies.

• JordJord Moderator, Host Rep

Mailcheap then, it's just like MXroute.

• @RossG said:

@HM-Michael said:

@Nebes said:

Running your own mail server is no fun at all, especially when you can get something like GSuite or Zoho for $5 a month.

Oh I know... I only suggested that because he has specific security policies.

• @Nebes said:

I use Gmail to pop3 all the emails from MXroute - using it effectively as a mail client / webmail.

• RossGRossG Member, Host Rep
    edited January 2020

The only reason you can't access MXroute from Nord is because they block AS9009 / M247. Nord and PIA use M247 for many of their locations. Google or Zoho wouldn't block M247.

Thanked by 1uptime
  • +1 for zoho

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited January 2020

Nice to see people supporting the new ecatel and trusting them with their data.

Anyway, +1 for mailcheap.

To be honest though I've been thinking about unblocking AS9009 now that I've added a significant number of block lists that are generated from systems that have recently received attacks. It may end up blocking some of their IPs anyway for a few hours at a time though.

Thanked by 1pike
  • @jar said:

To be honest though I've been thinking about unblocking AS9009 now that I've added a significant number of block lists that are generated from systems that have recently received attacks. It may end up blocking some of their IPs anyway for a few hours at a time though.

The last time I use mxroute (a couple years ago), it can't send email to its own domain.

e.g. [email protected] send email to [email protected]

Is it still the case?

edited January 2020

@yokowasis said:

@jar said:

The last time I use mxroute (a couple years ago), it can't send email to its own domain.

Is it still the case?

That's never been the case. Our first server still has someone on it that emails within their own domain 700+ times each evening. You should join our support chat and let us find out what you're doing.

• @yokowasis said:

@jar said:

Is it still the case?

Thanked by 2jar timelapse
  • @Nebes said:

Does it need to be directly from nordvpn/onion? If not could you simply run a proxy on a VPS that you access via nordvpn/onion. Of course if identification as you might be a problem you need to find a VPS that you can pay for with crypto and not give over real ID details, which might mean being in a net block that is also filtered, so you're back at square one, but it might be worth a try. Less work than running your own mail server at any rate.

• Find a way around it, instead of finding a different email provider. Mxroute is well worth it. Or just use a VPN which doesn't use M247

• Gsuite

• @t0ny0 said:
    Find a way around it, instead of finding a different email provider. Mxroute is well worth it. Or just use a VPN which doesn't use M247

I want to use my email as i want, my passwords are random 32+, I am en expert in IT - I paid for a service I can't use, wtf?

• @t0ny0 said:
    Find a way around it, instead of finding a different email provider. Mxroute is well worth it. Or just use a VPN which doesn't use M247

I already paid 100 usd for 3 years - why do I need to change my vpn provider?

edited January 2020

Nebes said: I am en expert in IT

Who routes his traffic through the new ecatel. No offense, I just found that a little funny. Maybe you don't think server stability from what amounts to DDOS attacks from a single provider is important, but when your webmail is slow maybe you'd care then.

Also enjoy having your traffic mirrored by an intelligence agency, there's no way that datacenter isn't crawling with law enforcement. My theory is that it's actually run by them and that's why they're making unbeatable deals to capture the VPN providers specifically. So much effort to give away privacy. For a seasoned IT veteran, you sure hate the internet enough to openly support the people trying to break it maliciously. Doesn't matter if NordVPN is trustworthy or not, the hardware is sitting in a bed of so much criminal activity that it'd be odd to assume it still stands without strong cooperation with LEOs. Who needs logs when you can just drop a box between the system and the switch and capture it all.

Anyway, like I said, I'll probably unblock it soon due to some new blocks I have in place that are more targeted.

edited January 2020

Funny enough I don't even see AS9009 blocked on any of the DA servers (which any customer signing up in the last few months should be on). I was mostly bluffing and had already removed the block on most servers quietly, didn't think anyone would get mad about not being blocked. I'm trying to use what leverage I have to influence reasonable abuse controls by other providers, something I would have expected to go over well on LET considering what a large topic it often turns into.

Unblocked on Friday and Banshee as well. Any chance I didn't hit the server you're on?

• edited February 2020

You are saying M247 is related directly to Ecatel?

Edit...I guess you are just saying they are shady like Ecatel... I seen https://www.valueweb.gr/m247-com-an-other-kid-on-the-spamming-block/

Thanked by 1jar

theblackesthat said: I guess you are just saying they are shady like Ecatel

Aye, like a spiritual successor if you will.

• M247 looks like a pretty huge company. I'm guessing most of the abuse that occurs on their network is through smaller reseller companies?

@theblackesthat said:
    M247 looks like a pretty huge company. I'm guessing most of the abuse that occurs on their network is through smaller reseller companies?

Seems like they're making a lot of unbeatable deals directly to VPN providers, because they've been flocking to them like crazy.

• This site has done some research on the egress points used by the VPN providers. It says, "the company M247 Ltd is still the most used internet egress point all over Europe. It is used by nearly all VPN providers at least once."

https://www.skadligkod.se/general-security/are-vpn-providers-more-trustworthy-than-your-isp/
    https://www.skadligkod.se/vpn/mapping-of-egress-points-used-by-vpn-providers/

Thanked by 1jar
  • Nebes said: but the problem that I can't check email via shitvpn

Seems to me like you've got a vpn problem, not a mail problem.

• LeeLee Veteran

@jar - not even visited MXRoute, can I just point Cloudflare to your server for mail and leave the sites on my own server? The amount of mail is stupidly low, I just want to keep them and don't want to run a mail server anymore.

• @Lee said:
    @jar - not even visited MXRoute, can I just point Cloudflare to your server for mail and leave the sites on my own server? The amount of mail is stupidly low, I just want to keep them and don't want to run a mail server anymore.

You can indeed. I had some site's on Miguel's DA with mail going through MXroute.

Thanked by 1Lee

@Lee said:

Yup, just like that :)

Thanked by 1Lee