Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Advertise on LowEndTalk.com
MVPS
New on LowEndTalk? Please read our 'Community Rules' by clicking on it in the right menu!

MVPS

There have been little to no other reviews of MVPS.net on here, I thought I'd drop in with my own experience regarding their service and what my experience has been for the last month of using them. I found them after looking for yet another affordable VPS and in this case, I found them to be one of the more affordable choices with datacenters available in Sweden.

They do use their own custom control panel that is fairly OK, which offers all the features most would ask for such as the ability to reinstall the VM, reset password and web console to name a few things.
As I have only used the service for about a month, I can't say about the longterm uptime or so, but for the past month that I have used them, there have been no outages at all.

My only concern is that they advertise gigabit speeds for the Swedish location, but yet all VM's are capped to 100mbit/s which is a bit of a bummer.

Benchmark:

[email protected]:~# curl -sS https://raw.githubusercontent.com/jgillich/nixbench/master/nixbench.sh | sh
nixbench v0.6.6 - https://github.com/jgillich/nixbench

cpu

Sha256 (1x) : 274.68 MB/s
Gzip (1x) : 168.80 MB/s
AES (1x) : 1381.83 MB/s

Sha256 (1x) : 272.15 MB/s
Gzip (1x) : 168.13 MB/s
AES (1x) : 1387.48 MB/s

disk

1. run : 640 MB/s
  2. run : 902 MB/s
  3. run : 720 MB/s
  4. run : 829 MB/s
  5. run : 825 MB/s
    Average : 783 MB/s

geekbench

Single-Core Score : 3273
Multi-Core Score : 3036
Result URL : https://browser.geekbench.com/v4/cpu/15160973

host

Platform : debian 10.1
CPU : Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2680 v3 @ 2.50GHz
Cores : 1
Clock : 2499 Mhz
RAM : 1995 MB

net

CDN : 9.38 MB/s
Amsterdam, The Netherlands : 9.23 MB/s
Dallas, USA : 8.10 MB/s
Frankfurt, Germany : 9.19 MB/s
Hong Kong, China : 6.98 MB/s
London, United Kingdoms : 9.11 MB/s
Melbourne, Australia : 6.39 MB/s
Oslo, Norway : 8.99 MB/s
Paris, France : 9.16 MB/s
Queretaro Mexico : 7.85 MB/s
San Jose, USA : 7.82 MB/s
Sao Paulo, Brazil : 6.98 MB/s
Seoul, Korea : 6.12 MB/s
Singapore, Singapore : 7.45 MB/s
Tokyo, Japan : 4.84 MB/s
Toronto, Canada : 8.35 MB/s
Washington, USA : 8.47 MB/s

Thanked by 2farsighter uptime

Comments

• Update:

2 months later and there have been no downtime thus far, performance is still great also:

• "performance is still great also"

Is that what that indicates? My takeaway is that you're idling it and wouldn't actually know if performance was great or not. What are you doing with it?

• WoWPHPWoWPHP Member

i am using them now for last 3 or 4 months with 4 vps, 4 locations, they are really good, even the network speed is good for me ^^ I hope if they can add more locations.

• kaka51kaka51 Member

@Prime404 said:
    Update:

2 months later and there have been no downtime thus far, performance is still great also:

Hi
    Can you tell me what monitoring software this is? Thank you

• Prime404Prime404 Member
    edited April 7

@TimboJones said:
    "performance is still great also"

Is that what that indicates? My takeaway is that you're idling it and wouldn't actually know if performance was great or not. What are you doing with it?

I've been benchmarking their machines mostly a bunch of times over the past few months really, the performance has largely been unchanged.

Will see how it fares after a few more months when I actually start using it for something more productive.

• 4d4m4d4m Member

@kaka51 said:

@Prime404 said:
    Update:

Hi

Looks like Hetrixtools.com in dark mode.

• RedSoxRedSox Member

@4d4m said:

@kaka51 said:

@Prime404 said:
    Update:

Hi

Looks like Hetrixtools.com in dark mode.

Yes. I just registered there and can confirm it's definitely Hetrixtools.

• I'm an active customer of MVPS.net the service is extremely good, till now zero downtime. Support is very fast & extremely helpful & customer friendly. But like @Prime404 mentioned they say 1GBPS shared but I never got speed more than 70 MBPS (tested via speedtest-cli). But performance wise its perfect to run my wordpress blogs. For bloggers its a 100% best choice ;-)