Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for Managed VPS
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for Managed VPS

Ok looked at my timetable, technically I have 3 weeks to switch hosts but I can transfer now if I find a good offer.

Minimum requirements
Control Panel: CPanel or DirectAdmin preferred but open to just about anything
RAM: 4GB or more
Disk Space: 80GB or more
Bandwidth: 500GB or more
IPs: at least one with option to purchase more if needed
Free SSL (Let's Encrypt is fine)
Some type of WordPress autoinstaller is preferred since I use it a lot
Price: $25 or lower per month

My current usage:
70gb of diskspace
Usually less than 50GB of bandwidth per month
40 websites (I add and delete sites as needed)
CPanel

Would prefer assistance on transferring sites but I can do that on my own if necessary.

Comments

• What about webhosting ? @MikePT its a rocket ! ask him for a quote.

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@cociu said:
    What about webhosting ? @MikePT its a rocket ! ask him for a quote.

Thank you mate!

@spun said:
    Ok looked at my timetable, technically I have 3 weeks to switch hosts but I can transfer now if I find a good offer.

Minimum requirements

My current usage:
    70gb of diskspace
    CPanel

Would prefer assistance on transferring sites but I can do that on my own if necessary.

Price seems to low for a managed vps, let's say that: 10 USD would pay for the VPS, then the DA license, then the SysAdmin services.

You could grab a VPS from a provider of your choice offering free DirectAdmin and PM me for a quote for the server management services. In general, we're pretty cheap: https://myw.pt/devops

• @spun said:

Minimum requirements

My current usage:
    70gb of diskspace
    CPanel

Any specific reason why you are not happy with your existing provider?

• FAT32FAT32 Administrator, Deal Compiler Extraordinaire
    edited January 2020

~removed as I didn't see the managed requirement~

• @seriesn said:

@spun said:

Minimum requirements

My current usage:
    70gb of diskspace
    CPanel

I'm pretty happy with my main host. I actually have all of those sites (except for one) on a reseller hosting account. I've been with them for a few years now but I think I need more power.

One of my sites I have on a separate hosting account and it's not performing as well as I want it to perform.

I'm already paying the amount I put in as my budget so not looking to spend more if not absolutely necessary.

I've seen a couple of offers that are within my budget so I know it's not completely out of the realm of possibilities.

• spectraipspectraip Member, Patron Provider
    edited January 2020

@spun said:

Minimum requirements

My current usage:
    70gb of diskspace
    CPanel

In Amsterdam, The Netherlands, we can offer you this VPS with DirectAdmin (managed)

Managed VPS
    4 GB DDR4 RAM
    2 CPU cores
    100 GB SSD
    5 TB bandwidth
    DirectAdmin CP
    Server management

Monthly price (VPS, DirectAdmin license and management) € 20.00 (approx $ 22.50)

Please send me a PM or email ([email protected]) if you would like to order.

• @spun said:

@seriesn said:

@spun said:

Minimum requirements

My current usage:
    70gb of diskspace
    CPanel

I'm pretty happy with my main host. I actually have all of those sites (except for one) on a reseller hosting account. I've been with them for a few years now but I think I need more power.

One of my sites I have on a separate hosting account and it's not performing as well as I want it to perform.

I'm already paying the amount I put in as my budget so not looking to spend more if not absolutely necessary.

I've seen a couple of offers that are within my budget so I know it's not completely out of the realm of possibilities.

Gotcha. Management definition depends from provider to provider but you should be able to snag something:)

Specially since you are going with a Panel, management is much easier than baremetal.

• More providers?

• @spun said:

Minimum requirements

My current usage:
    70gb of diskspace
    CPanel

I think you should go for a large Reseller. Will be much better for your budget.
    If you still need a managed vps, you need to double your budget for a really decent provider.

HVH does provide managed VPS.

• I already have a large reseller account with CPanel. I host all of the sites on there except for one. The one site was on my reseller also but I thought I'd get better performance separating it.

The reseller I pay $20 a month, the other hosting account is under $5 per month for one site.

Just want to see what's out there and if it makes sense I will change to a VPS. I've already seen a few offers that are within budget and specs which I'm currently considering.

I'm actually surprised I haven't seen more offers on here.

• Looks like @zomby1 is also interested in these types of offers. I'm sure there are plenty more people.

I read somewhere for managed there is a $30 limit on LEB, wouldn't it be similar here? I'm not talking $7 hosting.

• EthernetServers is another one I found more or less in this price range with DirectAdmin.

• BharatBBharatB Member, Patron Provider

@spun said:

Hello,

How many hours of management are we talking about? If you can budge that budget up a bit I can offer you DA at INAP NYC or Psychz LA so let me know @ https://readydedis.com/ Just mention this discussion and I'll be with you on live chat.

• spunspun Member
    edited January 2020

I've decided to go another way with this. Looking at my options and the fact that I don't want to deal with managing the VPS, I've shortlisted 2 reseller hosting accounts. Today's homework is to contact clients and let them know I'm changing servers and transferring sites to new hosts.

Instead of having it on one reseller account I will spread it out over 2 and that will give me space to grow also and access to play with different control panels.

As a bonus I even save a little bit of money.

• Any more providers :/?

• Nowadays control panel costs more than the vps itself. for high budget i always go with knowhost.

• FYI, we have the following on sale:

2 CPU cores
    4 GB RAM
    40 GB Storage
    2 TB Bandwidth
    10 GBPS Port

$7/month with coupon WELCOMEABOARD

• HostpugHostpug Member
    edited January 2020

How about no? I should really read the rules before posting.