Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[SYS/OVH] Winter Sale offer
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

[SYS/OVH] Winter Sale offer

ninzo59ninzo59 Member, Host Rep
edited January 2020 in Offers

Hello LET :)

We just launched a Winter Sale offer. Either on OVH / SYS

Until 30th January 3PM (Paris timezone, GMT+1)

OVH offers

VPS: Up to 25% off on several VPS, even new one hosted in Asia-pacific. 12 months commitment, not recurrent.

Dedicated servers: Not compliant to LET rules (price with setup), but you could be interested by some offers.
FYI: Rise-LE are recurring offers, Rise-X / STOR-X aren't.

Webhosting : Up to 40% off. Not recurrent.

https://www.ovh.com

So you Start offers

Up to 40% off on 3 special SYS servers made for the event.

Recurring offer, no setup fees if 6/12 months commitment

https://www.soyoustart.com/ie/essential-servers/
https://www.soyoustart.com/us/

SYS-WS-1
Intel Xeon E5-1620v2 (4c / 8t - 3,7GHz / 3,9GHz)
32GB DDR3 ECC 1600Mhz (error on website which display 1333Mhz)
SoftRAID 2x2TB SATA
€ 29.99 ex. VAT (40% off)

Available in CA (Beauharnois) datacenter

SYS-WS-2
Intel Xeon E3-1245v2 (4c / 8t @ 3.4GHz / 3.8GHz)
32GB DDR3 1333Mhz
SoftRAID 2x4TB SATA
+SoftRAID 2x480GB SSD
**€ 49.99 ex. VAT **(28% off)

Available in FR / PL datacenters

SYS-WS-3
Intel Xeon E5-1620v2 (4c / 8t - 3,7GHz / 3,9GHz)
64GB DDR3 ECC 1600Mhz (error on website which display 1333Mhz)
SoftRAID 2x4TB SATA
€ 56.99 ex. VAT (23% off)

Available in CA (Beauharnois) datacenter

Cheers

Thanked by 2A_m_i_t SinV

Comments

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

Just to confirm, the 25% off is only for the first year and not recurring right?

• ninzo59ninzo59 Member, Host Rep

@thedp said:
    Just to confirm, the 25% off is only for the first year and not recurring right?

If you are talking about VPS, then yes.

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

@ninzo59 said:

@thedp said:

Yes, VPS.

Understood and cheers!

@thedp said:

@ninzo59 said:

@thedp said:

Yes, VPS.

Understood and cheers!

Added it to the post, it's more clear now.

Thanked by 1DP
  • ninzo59 said: Rise-LE are recurring offers, Rise-X / STOR-X aren't.

Disappointing.

• What about the previous announcement about upgrading SYS to 500 mbps ? Fallen to /dev/null ?

Thanked by 2Falzo meanevo

@ben47955 said:
    What about the previous announcement about upgrading SYS to 500 mbps ? Fallen to /dev/null ?

There will be new announcement in few months

• Kimsufi Sale?

• stefemanstefeman Member
    edited January 2020

@ps20090 said:
    Kimsufi Sale?

Never, I hear theyre scaling it down even.

• Hi, for your BV server line, can I order additional IPs?

• stefeman said: I hear theyre scaling it down even.

Source?

• I ordered an advance 2 and it was advertised 1gb - on delivery it stated 10gb / 1gb up... so I doubt they are scaling back....

• @network33 said:
    I ordered an advance 2 and it was advertised 1gb - on delivery it stated 10gb / 1gb up... so I doubt they are scaling back....

You mean kimsufi server?

• Why aren't there any asian region :(

• Vova1234Vova1234 Member, Patron Provider

50 eur setup fee on sys :(

• OVH_APACOVH_APAC Member, Patron Provider

@xreann20 said:
    Why aren't there any asian region :(

Hello @xreann20, only VPS SSD are discounted in the Sydney and Singapore locations for this sale. If you are after a dedicated server in our asia-pacific datacenters, you may check them all here:
    https://www.ovh.com/asia/dedicated-servers/prices/?localisation=singapore
    (they are all month to month with no contract and no setup fee).
    Let me know if you need further help.
    Cheers

Thanked by 1ninzo59

@greattomeetyou said:

stefeman said: I hear theyre scaling it down even.

Source?

Source ? :hushed:

They will be new KS flash sale :)

Thanked by 1ps20090
  • @ninzo59 said:

@greattomeetyou said:

Source?

When ? it has been a long time since the last flash ...

tx

• @ninzo59 said:

@greattomeetyou said:

Source?

Hello,

I know that it doesn't much related to your promotion, but I would like to ask if your Best Value line servers come with free 256 IPs ( of course there will be setup fee) ? Thanks.

@levnode said:

@ninzo59 said:

@greattomeetyou said:

Source?

Hello,

I know that it doesn't much related to your promotion, but I would like to ask if your Best Value line servers come with free 256 IPs ( of course there will be setup fee) ? Thanks.

It should be, yes. Not 100% sure tho.

@Vova1234 said:
    50 eur setup fee on sys :(

No setup if you take it 6/12 months! :)

• fanfan Veteran

@ninzo59 Am considering to switch from my KS to SYS for larger bandwidth, but I remember that a while back someone was talking about possible network upgrade coming to Kimsufi and Soyoustart, is that still going to happen soon™ or cancelled already?

• @fan said:
    @ninzo59 Am considering to switch from my KS to SYS for larger bandwidth, but I remember that a while back someone was talking about possible network upgrade coming to Kimsufi and Soyoustart, is that still going to happen soon™ or cancelled already?

I'm interested in to know too...

• I like how the SYS-BF-3's base price is increased from €49.99 (€20 setup fee) to €69.99 (€50 setup fee) and resold as the SYS-WS-2.

Source: https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/161635/soyoustart-black-friday-now-opened/p1

• NicholasOXINicholasOXI Member, Host Rep
    edited January 2020

@sunnyg said:
    I like how the SYS-BF-3's base price is increased from €49.99 (€20 setup fee) to €69.99 (€50 setup fee) and resold as the SYS-WS-2.

Source: https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/161635/soyoustart-black-friday-now-opened/p1

The only difference is the doubled capacity of the HDDs but I also agree, it does not explain the lower discount when compared to the SYS-BF-3 even though it was a Black Friday sale. There does need to be more hybrid drive options on SoYouStart as I've personally been looking for one but the SYS-WS-2 does not simply 'cut it' when it comes towards pricing; I should have purchased the SYS-BF-3 when it was available.

• dfroedfroe Member, Host Rep

I myself wouldn't call it a "price increase" but rather "less discount" compared to SYS-BF deals. Keep in mind that Black Friday deals are often even below usual promotional offers. If you want Black Friday prices: Wait until Black Friday. There's gonna be another one this year. :)

For me the best deal in this offer is the hope that there might be another attempt this year to increase SYS bandwidth. Whether it succeeds this time or not, we'll see. :)

• NicholasOXINicholasOXI Member, Host Rep
    edited January 2020

@dfroe said:
    I myself wouldn't call it a "price increase" but rather "less discount" compared to SYS-BF deals. Keep in mind that Black Friday deals are often even below usual promotional offers. If you want Black Friday prices: Wait until Black Friday. There's gonna be another one this year. :)

For me the best deal in this offer is the hope that there might be another attempt this year to increase SYS bandwidth. Whether it succeeds this time or not, we'll see. :)

Yeah, I understand it definitely wouldn't be anything like Black Friday (edited the original post) but for the hardware and the fact that it is meant to be a form of sale; I would have slightly expected more considering you could regularly get the E3-SAT/SSD-1-32 on 25% discount and you're only getting an additional 2TB of capacity along with the SSDs, just think that the price could have been more competitive considering the processor used.

The additional bandwidth would be nice to see fulfilled this time around but I could see it being similar to last time, announced then withdrawn. However, most if not all of the servers I own have the upgrade already applied hence I can not complain but it would be nice for the upgrade to be 'guaranteed' rather than applied due to existing announcements.

• @OVH_APAC said:

@xreann20 said:

Hello @xreann20, only VPS SSD are discounted in the Sydney and Singapore locations for this sale. If you are after a dedicated server in our asia-pacific datacenters, you may check them all here:
    Cheers

Is the VPS SSD a persistent discount? Or is it just for the first year?

• @jd0gg said:

@OVH_APAC said:

@xreann20 said:

Cheers

Is the VPS SSD a persistent discount? Or is it just for the first year?

12 months commitment, not recurrent.

• nice offer :smiley: