Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Advertise on LowEndTalk.com
how many users i am sharing my VPS
New on LowEndTalk? Please read our 'Community Rules' by clicking on it in the right menu!

how many users i am sharing my VPS

hi guys strange question, i have windows VPS, showing xeon e5-2660 v2 @ 2.20 2 processors. Is it true i am using this processor or this processor is being shared? and if shared how to tell how many users are sharing it? i have full root access to vps

Comments

  • TchngTchng Member

    RootAccess on Windows. Love it.
    Nobody knows.
    Depends on provider.

    Next!

    Thanked by 1MrH
  • deankdeank Member, Troll

    If you want dedicated resources, rent dedicated servers.

    How many users on your node? Well, if you can answer me this, I will answer yours.
    How long is a string?

    I have not created a single thread. Verify it if you dare.

  • MyelinMyelin Member

    @deank said:
    How long is a string?

    I have no idea what it is or how to get it?

  • deankdeank Member, Troll

    There you go.

    Your answer applies to your own question.

    I have not created a single thread. Verify it if you dare.

  • What just happened?

  • In VPS you can never know how many users are sharing the resources . If you need dedicated core then go for dedicated server only. Some provider do sale by using the term VDS but still you can't never know is it allotted only for you or the provider is overselling to others also

    Reach me at manishpant.com . Discord Id: Manish#6403

  • king8654king8654 Member
    edited January 3

    Something like 2x2650 can prob handle 100+. All based on specs, os, ram, storage and fair share policy/ % dedicated if any.

    1230 can prob get 10-12 out of the node, but so many variables

  • stanstan Member
    edited January 3

    Just be aware that VPS core are not true cores. You could have 24 cores and thats like 1 core divided up to 24 cores. A scam basically. Looks real but you are on not even 1 core. The magic of VPS. The ability to scam clients. Switched to a dedicated and never looked back. It's also very good to share dedicated vs vps. I ahve 10 people we shelling 10 bucks each to a dedicated 100 a month. Not bad at all and very powerful. Everybody wins.

  • thedpthedp Member
    edited January 3

    You live in an apartment so you have to accept the possibilities of having noisy neighbors :joy:

    Thanked by 1MrH

    Dictionary Word Domain Auction | IT-Related Domains Auction
    Brandable VM/VPS Hosting Domains For Sale!

  • @stan said:
    Just be aware that VPS core are not true cores. You could have 24 cores and thats like 1 core divided up to 24 cores. A scam basically. Looks real but you are on not even 1 core. The magic of VPS. The ability to scam clients. Switched to a dedicated and never looked back. It's also very good to share dedicated vs vps. I ahve 10 people we shelling 10 bucks each to a dedicated 100 a month. Not bad at all and very powerful. Everybody wins.

    You pay for what you get lol so shared and vps hosting are scams? What do you expect for couple bucks a month

  • deankdeank Member, Troll
    edited January 3

    @king8654 said:
    What do you expect for couple bucks a month

    If you hang around this part of hosting world, the answer is simple and obvious.

    A high-end dedicated server level of performance for a buck with unlimited bandwidth at 10gb/s.

    Thanked by 2kkrajk seriesn

    I have not created a single thread. Verify it if you dare.

  • @deank said:

    @king8654 said:
    What do you expect for couple bucks a month

    If you hang around this part of hosting world, the answer is simple and obvious.

    A high-end dedicated server level of performance for a buck.

    Hang around here way toO much and have enough vps both idling and in use to play a game of cards :)

    Still, all hosting has its use cases. If your looking for scams though, LET can def help you out with those too

  • deankdeank Member, Troll

    Those who are capable of having some sort of common sense catches the gist rather quickly.

    The issue is that common sense is actually rare sense in reality.

    I have not created a single thread. Verify it if you dare.

  • Very true grasshopper. It is fun though, keeps me coming back

  • vyas11vyas11 Member

    @deank said:

    How long is a string?

    The string is nigh.

    Thanked by 2seriesn starservices
  • @deank said:
    How long is a string?

    Twice half it's length.

    @Myelin said:
    hi guys strange question, i have windows VPS, showing xeon e5-2660 v2 @ 2.20 2 processors. Is it true i am using this processor or this processor is being shared? and if shared how to tell how many users are sharing it? i have full root access to vps

    It's shared, it's true you're using that processor, no way to tell how many are using it.

    Purveyor of high quality potassium

  • Happy new year

    Remember the value of LET is purely based on its traffic.

  • How many people am I sharing my social escort with? Is it true I am using my escort's services or is this escort being shared? If shared how to tell how many people are sharing my social escort? I have full root access to my escort.

    Thanked by 3MrH TimboJones james50a

    Deals and Reviews: LowEndBoxes Review | Avoid dodgy providers with The LEBRE Whitelist | Free hosting (with conditions): Evolution-Host, NanoKVM, FreeMach, ServedEZ | Follow latest deals on Twitter or Telegram

  • Why would someone buys a vps if he can get a dedicated server for cheap 20-29 euro per month. If you are running a real business buy dedicated. If you are just using it for idle, learning or small blog buy vps.

  • @mustafamw3 said:
    Why would someone buys a vps if he can get a dedicated server for cheap 20-29 euro per month. If you are running a real business buy dedicated. If you are just using it for idle, learning or small blog buy vps.

    Because you can get a VPS for exactly 10 times less than your hypothetical 20 EUR dedi.

    Purveyor of high quality potassium

  • we cant check vps cores shared with how many users it depends on provider , so its better to choose good provider while taking a vps or choose a dedicated server hosting to have exact resources you need .

    Thanked by 1mustafamw3
  • @cloudminister said:
    we cant check vps cores shared with how many users it depends on provider , so its better to choose good provider while taking a vps or choose a dedicated server hosting to have exact resources you need .

    Exactly? I'd rather have a prem vps then a $20 non prem atom/arm dedicated server. You can check your steal time, high node cpu usage, benchmarks, etc. If your escort is performing well and your practicing safety protocols , doesn't matter if your sharing them with others

  • @king8654 said:

    @stan said:
    Just be aware that VPS core are not true cores. You could have 24 cores and thats like 1 core divided up to 24 cores. A scam basically. Looks real but you are on not even 1 core. The magic of VPS. The ability to scam clients. Switched to a dedicated and never looked back. It's also very good to share dedicated vs vps. I ahve 10 people we shelling 10 bucks each to a dedicated 100 a month. Not bad at all and very powerful. Everybody wins.

    You pay for what you get lol so shared and vps hosting are scams? What do you expect for couple bucks a month

    @stan is a troll; I wouldn't take him seriously

    "Linux will run happily with only 4 MB of RAM, including all of the bells and whistles such as the X Window System, Emacs, and so on." (M. Welsh & L. Kaufman, Running Linux, 2e, 1996, p. 32)

  • @Myelin said:
    how many users are sharing it?

    Only God and provider know how many users are there in the node

  • pikepike Member

    @thedp said:
    You live in an apartment so you have to accept the possibilities of having noisy neighbors :joy:

    My noisy neighbours have to accept the possibility of me shitting into their mailboxes at night.

    Thanked by 1thedp
  • defaultdefault Member
    edited January 4

    Because of all this noise, providers should group together all the noisy neighbors who are there to party; and separate together the non-noisy idlers who just want to relax and do nothing. This way everybody would be happy, but they just don't get it.

    Fastmako (aff) - great VPS for your needs.

  • JordJord Moderator, Provider

    I'm going to take a wild stab in the dark here and say... 42, 42 people share the same server.

    But I'm a Panda what do I know?

    BillingServ - Easy, simple, and hassle-free online invoicing solution. Contact us today.
    BaseServ Certified to ISO/IEC 27001:2013

  • xaocxaoc Member

    @pike said:

    @thedp said:
    You live in an apartment so you have to accept the possibilities of having noisy neighbors :joy:

    My noisy neighbours have to accept the possibility of me shitting into their mailboxes at night.

    Wrong decade with all teh ip cams out there.

    So Say We All

  • @xaoc said:

    @pike said:

    @thedp said:
    You live in an apartment so you have to accept the possibilities of having noisy neighbors :joy:

    My noisy neighbours have to accept the possibility of me shitting into their mailboxes at night.

    Wrong decade with all teh ip cams out there.

    That's what Joker make up is used for now a days.

    Catch me over at Primary DNS. If you want to chat I am done with this cesspool.

  • WebProjectWebProject Member, Provider

    @king8654 said:

    @stan said:
    Just be aware that VPS core are not true cores. You could have 24 cores and thats like 1 core divided up to 24 cores. A scam basically. Looks real but you are on not even 1 core. The magic of VPS. The ability to scam clients. Switched to a dedicated and never looked back. It's also very good to share dedicated vs vps. I ahve 10 people we shelling 10 bucks each to a dedicated 100 a month. Not bad at all and very powerful. Everybody wins.

    You pay for what you get lol so shared and vps hosting are scams? What do you expect for couple bucks a month

    Such user don't get the difference between shared hosting, VPS, dedicated and self-managed or managed services! Based to king8654 the Internet providers and DCs is scamming people too as they do share connectivity! :smiley:

    VPS Price Match Guarantee on: All our range of DDOS protected XEN-HVM VPS Plans
    Are you looking for best price for self-managed VPS? See WebProVPS website for more details.
  • HxxxHxxx Member

    @deank said:
    If you want dedicated resources, rent dedicated servers.

    How many users on your node? Well, if you can answer me this, I will answer yours.
    How long is a string?

    "String Content".length <- absolute answer. There we go, where is my prize?

    Thanked by 1raindog308
  • deankdeank Member, Troll

    Your prize is -

    The end is nigh.

    Thanked by 1Janevski

    I have not created a single thread. Verify it if you dare.

  • king8654king8654 Member
    edited January 4

    @WebProject said:

    @king8654 said:

    @stan said:
    Just be aware that VPS core are not true cores. You could have 24 cores and thats like 1 core divided up to 24 cores. A scam basically. Looks real but you are on not even 1 core. The magic of VPS. The ability to scam clients. Switched to a dedicated and never looked back. It's also very good to share dedicated vs vps. I ahve 10 people we shelling 10 bucks each to a dedicated 100 a month. Not bad at all and very powerful. Everybody wins.

    You pay for what you get lol so shared and vps hosting are scams? What do you expect for couple bucks a month

    Such user don't get the difference between shared hosting, VPS, dedicated and self-managed or managed services! Based to king8654 the Internet providers and DCs is scamming people too as they do share connectivity! :smiley:

    Think you missed my earlier post or translation is off, either way, their obviously scamming us all as well! $7 month, no sharing

  • xaocxaoc Member
    edited January 4

    @AuroraZ said:

    @xaoc said:

    @pike said:

    @thedp said:
    You live in an apartment so you have to accept the possibilities of having noisy neighbors :joy:

    My noisy neighbours have to accept the possibility of me shitting into their mailboxes at night.

    Wrong decade with all teh ip cams out there.

    That's what Joker make up is used for now a days.

    Make'up won't do much against teh AI.. :(

    Edit: They could also DNA the shiz out of your shiz and with all teh DNA profiling that people order these days how can you be certain that at least one of your relatives DNA isn't in teh system? xD

    So Say We All

  • @deank said:
    Your prize is -

    The end is nigh.

    I thought we were past that point. Are you trying to enlighten that there is a second end coming? Will it influence all the VPS users on the same node? Or will it have a devastating effect on all the nodes?

    What am I thinking? How could I miss this? And why am I so pessimistic? Maybe it's a beautiful end. Oh... so many questions... and I was so happy.

    Fastmako (aff) - great VPS for your needs.

  • deankdeank Member, Troll

    The first age of doom is what we are going through.

    One apocalypse isn't generally enough to wipe out bugs, so several apocalypses will be required.

    The second age is slowly coming above red horizon of scams.

    I have not created a single thread. Verify it if you dare.

  • Has @xaoc got a TEHran fetish? Perhaps the inline spell checker ain't working. :|

    Long live LowEndInfo.com

  • xaocxaoc Member

    @AlwaysSkint said:
    Has @xaoc got a TEHran fetish? Perhaps the inline spell checker ain't working. :|

    I want my phone call!

    Thanked by 1AlwaysSkint

    So Say We All

  • hypsinhypsin Member

    @king8654 said:
    You pay for what you get lol so shared and vps hosting are scams? What do you expect for couple bucks a month

    $5/mo for 2x dedicated cores on a $20K server please! ROI of "eventually, maybe"...

  • NeoonNeoon Member
    edited January 5
  • JanevskiJanevski Member
    edited January 5

    @Myelin Millions upon billions upon trillions of users.

    VPS host node is like an appartment building, there's bowling alley at 3, drug activities at 4, masked orgy at 5 and a loud party at 6, while 1st,2nd floor are getting robbed as we're speaking and the doggo is barking while the neighboors are galloping 23h30 at night, also the sewage is clogged and the basement is overflowing.
    No parking spots.
    Fuck yeah consumerism.
    Premium yet somehow affordable price.
    "Elite" place...

    PS: I forgot about the two people stuck in the elevator, because, either the door is bent or too much elektrick...
    PPS: And the pidgeon house on top.

    "Yeah, i know what they need!" - said some smartass
    "They need 5G, e-scooters, e-cigars, pollution masks and social advertizing media..." - ...
    "Give them credit cards as well!" - said another benefactor...

    Thanked by 3uptime poisson hohl

    You are dreaming. | And it's a nightmare. | THE SECRET THREAD | THE TRUTH | HAVES YOU SEEN THIS YURA?
    „Homo homini rattus.“ | It's not nightmare, it's reality, but it's still nightmare.

  • @Janevski said:
    @Myelin Millions upon billions upon trillions of users.

    VPS host node is like an appartment building, there's [...] masked orgy at 5 [...]

    Sorry if we are too noisy. It's the music of romance and love too loud?

    Thanked by 1Janevski

    Fastmako (aff) - great VPS for your needs.

  • Impossible.
    Provider can set resource limits which make any attempts of measurement meaningless.

  • hypsinhypsin Member

    @Janevski said:
    ... masked orgy at 5 ... and a loud party at 6

    If that's VPS then I don't even want to know what goes on over at Shared Hosting block

  • @hypsin said:

    @Janevski said:
    ... masked orgy at 5 ... and a loud party at 6

    If that's VPS then I don't even want to know what goes on over at Shared Hosting block

    Shared hosting is a crack den.

    You are dreaming. | And it's a nightmare. | THE SECRET THREAD | THE TRUTH | HAVES YOU SEEN THIS YURA?
    „Homo homini rattus.“ | It's not nightmare, it's reality, but it's still nightmare.

  • You have a Windows VPS, you can't expect dedicated resources on VPS hosting platform. If you are expecting dedicated resources with the VDS server then I would like to clear your doubts about VDS services. VDS hosting is one of the kinds of VPS hosting and you will get shared resources with VDS and VPS hosting. You can create a max 5 shared RDP user on a Windows server. For more information about Windows shared RDP users please refer below thread.

    https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/lync/en-US/90d75740-329d-4da7-9e76-45dde753db0a/maximum-users-per-active-directory-server?forum=winserverDS

  • By default Windows VPS hosting allows 2 simultaneous RDP connections to your VPS with two different users. If you need more than 2 simultaneous connections then you will have to buy CAL (Client Access License).

  • @marythomas said:
    By default Windows VPS hosting allows 2 simultaneous RDP connections to your VPS with two different users. If you need more than 2 simultaneous connections then you will have to buy CAL (Client Access License).

    Congratz to your second (necro) post..

    | #lexit |

  • vbloodsvbloods Member

    ask cociu.

  • mitnick2mitnick2 Member

    likely using 50% or less "dedicated" .... other 50 % is shared, always find providers with multiple cores, its more stable. New AMD EPYC its cool.

Sign In or Register to comment.