Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Subscribe to our newsletter

Advertise on LowEndTalk.com

Latest LowEndBox Offers

Inappropriate ioctl for device - Unable to upload or modify files for Cpanel webhosting
    New on LowEndTalk? Please read our 'Community Rules' by clicking on it in the right menu!

Inappropriate ioctl for device - Unable to upload or modify files for Cpanel webhosting

nicheniche Member

I have a cpanel account with a indian webhosting company. I am unable to upload any file or modify files in the directory.
    It is giving the following error
    Could not write “/home/adarticl/public_html/----/trading120.html”: Inappropriate ioctl for device
    I am also unable to contact the webhosting company and get the problem fixed.
    Does anyone know what the problem is so that I can fix it.

Cheap text links, backlinks, blog posts available

Comments

• tetechtetech Member

Script expects a tty and doesn't have one.
      https://stackoverflow.com/questions/29430986/inappropriate-ioctl-for-device

niche said: I am also unable to contact the webhosting company and get the problem fixed.

Why? If they cannot be contacted within some reasonable time that is the first sign you should change provider.

• It's time to change your provider if you are not able to contact your host

ViridWeb.com - cPanel Web Hosting | Litespeed + SSH Access + Free Backups + Free Transfers.
      CIN: U72900WB2018OPC226882 | GST: 19AAGCV4976R1Z4

• JordJord Moderator, Provider

Sounds like something is rather broken, I would suggest moving provider if they aren't responding to your support requests.

BaseServ Ltd - UK Shared DirectAdmin Hosting | Litespeed + Cloudlinux + Free Backups + Free Transfers.
      BaseServ Certified to ISO/IEC 27001: 2013

• I'd definitely move if you haven't heard anything yet.