Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Why does Psychz Network not give a fuck about their clients???
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Why does Psychz Network not give a fuck about their clients???

Before ordering I asked them if allow X activity on their servers they said YES, So I proceeded and ordered and paid $100+ then suddenly hours later they said I am sorry we do not allow X activity on our server.

I told them someone from your support(looks like they have outsourced their supp) said you guys DO allow and that's why I ordered but they were like no no it was a mistake. So I asked for a refund and they said we will process your refund in 24-48 hours. I said okay.

Now its been 7 days and they do not seem to reply back on tickets, and when I ask their online support they say

Your ticket is already forwarded to the concerned department, our admins will check this for you. I will remind our admin to check this as soon as possible

They always say the same crap and I think I am gonna go ahead and do a chargeback on PP instead.

So what was your experience on this Psycho Network?

Comments

• tester4tester4 Member
    edited December 2019

Psychz's management team is open about their shit support, it comes down to you get what you pay for. They pay less for support staff, to pass on savings to the end user when it comes to colocation and what not. By the way, William literally told me that directly in those exact words.

• @rED said:
    Before ordering I asked them if allow X activity on their servers they said YES

What do you mean by "X activity" ??

• rEDrED Member
    edited December 2019

@tester4 said:
    Psychz's management team is open about their shit support, it comes down to you get what you pay for. They pay less for support staff, to pass on savings to the end user when it comes to colocation and what not. By the way, William literally told me that directly in those exact words.

I wish I'd read that before buying anything from them. Their website and shit is fancy tho. Also they own yardvps too right?

• FAT32FAT32 Administrator, Deal Compiler Extraordinaire

Everytime I see Psychz Networks, this song appear in my head

• @rED said:

@tester4 said:

I wish I'd read that before buying anything from them. Their website and shit is fancy tho. Also they own yardvps too right?

YardVPS & Photon are both theirs.

• @FAT32 said:
    Everytime I see Psychz Networks, this song appear in my head

Good meme, true as well!

• @momkin said:

@rED said:
    Before ordering I asked them if allow X activity on their servers they said YES

What do you mean by "X activity" ??

Nothing illegal ofc but some providers do not like it that's why I tend to ask beforehand instead of wasting both our times later on like this.

• Down low, down low

Thanked by 1uptime
  • Anybody else not at all curious what X activity means?

• Likely a VPN service. Did I guess correctly?
    They really need to train their support staff, they represent the company, and if they say "yeah we accept that" - their word is binding.

• Why not say upfront what activity it is.. saying it is nothing illegal doesn't mean anything.

• @poisson said:
    Why not say upfront what activity it is.. saying it is nothing illegal doesn't mean anything.

In all honesty - if he did ask them specifically about his/hers activity, and they said they are okay with it - it really doesn't matter what it is.

Thanked by 1rED
  • tetechtetech Member
    edited December 2019

@t0ny0 said:

@poisson said:
    Why not say upfront what activity it is.. saying it is nothing illegal doesn't mean anything.

In all honesty - if he did ask them specifically about his/hers activity, and they said they are okay with it - it really doesn't matter what it is.

Well, the devil is often in the details. The question could be asked in a way that is less than completely clear, and an answer like "that is generally OK" which is inherently ambiguous might have been interpreted as absolute.

But to the original issue, complaining that an admin matter takes 7 days where that includes the week of Christmas seems a bit harsh. The people who handle that won't be 24/7 and maybe not even M-F. Unless your house is going to be foreclosed on because you're short the $100, give it a few days more.

• rEDrED Member
    edited December 2019

@tetech said:

@t0ny0 said:

@poisson said:

Well, the devil is often in the details. The question could be asked in a way that is less than completely clear, and an answer like "that is generally OK" which is inherently ambiguous might have been interpreted as absolute.

But to the original issue, complaining that an admin matter takes 7 days where that includes the week of Christmas seems a bit harsh. The people who handle that won't be 24/7 and maybe not even M-F. Unless your house is going to be foreclosed on because you're short the $100, give it a few days more.

We wanted to host our email activity on their server. I said its optin and they said okay.
    See I know how skeptical hosts are so I said its alright no issue just give me the refund.

I understand its christmas time but hey if you have time to come and tell me that you decided to not allow that and then just disappear right after, it raises flags.

• PieHasBeenEatenPieHasBeenEaten Member, Host Rep
    Thanked by 1rED
  • PhotonVPSPhotonVPS Member, Host Rep
    edited December 2019

What's your ticket number and I'll take a look.

*Edit - found your ticket and it's in queue to be processed after the holidays.

Thanked by 1rED
  • @PhotonVPS said:

Okay!

So I'll have to wait until the holidays are over?

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

@rED said:

@PhotonVPS said:

Okay!

So I'll have to wait until the holidays are over?

Obviously.

• jvnadrjvnadr Member
    edited December 2019

PhotonVPS said: found your ticket and it's in queue to be processed after the holidays.

So, you will keep his money as hostage for 2 weeks, because of your mistake. Neat! In the mean time, if he has a need to work with a service, he has to find that kind of money that ALREADY paid you to buy another service from a provider more honest...
    Shame on you!

• PhotonVPSPhotonVPS Member, Host Rep

@jvnadr said:

PhotonVPS said: found your ticket and it's in queue to be processed after the holidays.

So, you will keep his money as hostage for 2 weeks, because of your mistake. Neat! In the mean time, if he has a need to work with a service, he has to find that kind of money that ALREADY paid you to buy another service from a provider more honest...
    Shame on you!

Clearly stated on our TOS:

https://www.psychz.net/tos.html

• The service provided by Psychz is great, yet a bit pricy. Overall, the network is quite stable with some losses every now and then. No major downtimes. They do care about their customers.

However, their support is outsourced to India. I have nothing against Indians, but the support level just is not great. A lot of miscommunications happens because of that.

• @PhotonVPS said:

@jvnadr said:

Shame on you!

Clearly stated on our TOS:

https://www.psychz.net/tos.html

Clearly stated what?

SPAM and Unsolicited Commercial Email

This? if so then YES I did read that and nowhere its written that we are not allowed legitimate email service, but still still I asked just to be sure you know. I don't even know why you're arguing just go to the billing and refund it and be done with it and I'll be on my way.

Thanked by 1TimboJones
  • PhotonVPS said: Clearly stated on our TOS:

Really? REALLY? if you have been asked a presales question and you said yes, then, if YOU did answer wrong, it is YOUR fault. And if you took his money because of YOUR mistake, then, you should refund him IMMEDIATELLY. Where is anything on your TOS that says, "valid refunds will not be issued during a period of 15 days due to... Christmas"?
    Your answer is utter crap...

• @jvnadr said:

PhotonVPS said: Clearly stated on our TOS:

Really? REALLY? if you have been asked a presales question and you said yes, then, if YOU did answer wrong, it is YOUR fault. And if you took his money because of YOUR mistake, then, you should refund him IMMEDIATELLY. Where is anything on your TOS that says, "valid refunds will not be issued during a period of 15 days due to... Christmas"?
    Your answer is utter crap...

It's probably William replying based on how much he doesn't give a fuck, if it was George he would probably be refunded in 3 seconds as he cares about public perception.

• I skimmed through the TOS and all I see clearly stated is no refunds. I don't know if he's trying to tell you you won't be getting a refund or what?

• @vedran said:
    I skimmed through the TOS and all I see clearly stated is no refunds. I don't know if he's trying to tell you you won't be getting a refund or what?

They said they would give me refund in 24-48 hrs and that was 7 days ago.

I'm wondering which 24 hrs he talked about... Hmm maybe the coming ones? Or the one after that?
    We'll find out.

• If you were gonna refund me after the holidays then don't say this stuff, I had to use that money elsewhere.

• That is just very poor handling of the issue.
    Shame, I thought they were one of the good providers.
    @PhotonVPS pointing people to your ToS in this specific situation is nothing more of a dick move. If you can spend over a minute replying here - you can spend less than that just refunding him. Its the least you can do, since according to your communication - he was supposed to get his refund 5 days ago. Christmas is Christmas, but that ended 4 days ago. You had the 26th, 27th and 28th to refund him, out of which only one day is considered the weekend.

Thanked by 3seriesn coreflux ntlx
  • IonSwitch_StanIonSwitch_Stan Member, Host Rep
    edited December 2019

Be extremely careful with Psychz, especially with colo. It was easier for us to file an insurance claim.

@tester4 said:
    It's probably William replying based on how much he doesn't give a fuck

That's an overly nice statement.

Thanked by 1ntlx
  • I've colo'ed with Psychz for a couple of years now. For the past 10 tickets, response times were under 15 minutes (datacenter access requests). That said, inquiries to their billing department are a bit slow - I think it took a week to enable automatic-billing.

I remember, also for colo, QuadraNet double charged me. It took a couple of weeks to reverse the charge, which I considered reasonable.

Really, I wouldn't be surprised if the billing administrator was on vacation until next year. Billing issues aren't really considered important enough to have someone on call...

Thanked by 1Daniel15