Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MXroute - Abrupt service cancellation
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

MXroute - Abrupt service cancellation

I've ordered the black friday $10 plan, and have been using it for a month without any problems, but i Just got the following message at my email:

"We've received 4 complaints from Hotmail for emails sent from the domain mundomarcolina.com within the first 24 hours of your signup. Unfortunately we are not able to provide you with further service, your recipients appear to largely not desire your emails and this risks our IP reputation. Please move your emails elsewhere within 48 hours, your service has been refunded."

I'm send very few emails, most of then about orders from my ecommerce. Theres no SPAM at all!

I'm pretty sure that theres a mistake here! But i Cant open a Ticket, i cant join the chat and [email protected] does not exist!

Anyone know how can i get in touch with them? Is this service really reliable?

Thanks, and sorry about my english!

Comments

• @jar
    community.mxroute.com

• @rafanake said:
    I've ordered the black friday $10 plan, and have been using it for a month without any problems, but i Just got the following message at my email:

"We've received 4 complaints from Hotmail for emails sent from the domain mundomarcolina.com within the first 24 hours of your signup. Unfortunately we are not able to provide you with further service, your recipients appear to largely not desire your emails and this risks our IP reputation. Please move your emails elsewhere within 48 hours, your service has been refunded."

I'm send very few emails, most of then about orders from my ecommerce. Theres no SPAM at all!

I'm pretty sure that theres a mistake here! But i Cant open a Ticket, i cant join the chat and [email protected] does not exist!

Anyone know how can i get in touch with them? Is this service really reliable?

Thanks, and sorry about my english!

• edited December 2019

nvm

• BlaZeBlaZe Member, Host Rep

If you're unhappy with the service, you can transfer that deal to me.

Will have to ask @jar first is this is even allowed.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited December 2019

rafanake said: i cant join the chat

https://mxroute.com/support/

Temporary issue on chat: First logins will require admin approval, and it may not be apparent that this is the case due to a bug in RocketChat. It may look like a login loop. Due to harassment by a single user who flooded our chat system with inappropriate messages, we are forced to temporarily approve accounts. We’ll message you to let you know that it’s clear, and this will trigger an email alert.

Noted above on support page ^

rafanake said: I'm send very few emails, most of then about orders from my ecommerce. Theres no SPAM at all!

Sorry but 4 recipients reported the emails as spam within 24 hours. I received copies of the emails from Microsoft and I agree that they don't look like spam, but that's just an incredibly unusual report rate and your customers are just not friendly I guess. I have a really hard time keeping Microsoft happy but the continued revenue of far more than one customer hinges on the fact that I do so, and I just can't trade hundreds/thousands of customers for one, nor can I make your customers not report the emails as spam. It's just business, I have nothing against you.

It's very rare that I have to make such a call, and it's not out of dislike for anything you do, it's just not something you or I can control and my most viable option is to not have it continue. I'll extend that 48 hours another two days because I misread the signup date as 12/28 instead of 11/28. Current WHMCS time is 11:27 PM, Dec 28. It'll process cancellation at 12:00 AM on Jan 02.

Microsoft has decided to be very vocal with us lately and let us know every email that someone marks as spam. Most I ignore because I obviously can't go around dropping customers just because one person hit the "spam" button, but any senders that are trending hard I just can't.

• If you have only 1 domain, try zoho free plan

Thanked by 1kkrajk
  • Tl;dr, your customer is a dick.

Thanked by 1kkrajk
  • Wow, I would definitely buy those for my girlfriend - if I ever have one.

Might be unfortunate that your good customer bought it for his gf, and wife flagged that as spam.

• After seeing both part of the story, it seems like the only one to fault is your customer. Anyway, you could try negotiating with @jar by sending emails via a 3rd party relay (e.g. Amazon SES for $1/1K emails sent) and use MXr only for recieving.

TBH, every email provider hate high bounce rate, and at your described rate, you will be suspended by any provider sooner or later. It's best to stop sending emails to those problematic customers.

Thanked by 1coreflux
  • If you have multiple domain, try yandex

Thanked by 1benj0x
  • yokowasis said: Tl;dr, your customer is a dick.

cybertech said: Wow, I would definitely buy those for my girlfriend - if I ever have one.

Thanked by 2rafanake imok
  • angstromangstrom Moderator
    edited December 2019

@jar said: Sorry but 4 recipients reported the emails as spam within 24 hours. I received copies of the emails from Microsoft and I agree that they don't look like spam, but that's just an incredibly unusual report rate and your customers are just not friendly I guess. I have a really hard time keeping Microsoft happy but the continued revenue of far more than one customer hinges on the fact that I do so, and I just can't trade hundreds/thousands of customers for one, nor can I make your customers not report the emails as spam. It's just business, I have nothing against you.

Just curious, if you're in a position to say, did those emails include an "unsubscribe" link?

My impression is that there are (perhaps a growing number of) people who (also) use the "mark this as spam" button as an alternate way of unsubscribing from a list (in addition to using the same button for marking real spam). Even if an email contains an "unsubscribe" link, it's much easier to click on the "mark this as spam" button. Such people don't understand (or care about) the potentially negative consequences for the sender if they do this.

This said, I understand that you need to make the decision that best protects your business.

Thanked by 1bikegremlin
  • I want know more about your situation- those e-mails were promotional or product related ?

• AlwaysSkintAlwaysSkint Member
    edited December 2019

This is of some concern to me, as I host small business sites, most with e-commerce. I (wrongly) thought MXroute would help the arbitrary blocks that AOHell,AT&T, sbcglobal, comcast and Microsoft put on legitimate emails. Incoming emails aren't usually the issue, it's outbound ones that are problematic.
    For mailshots, my clients are advised to use mailchimp, constant contact etc. but normal operational e-commerce emails are frequently blocked by the above email handlers.
    I haven't yet found the time to trial MXRoute however, having grabbed a 2yr deal.

• @jar
    I'm not one of your users, but thought you might have some insight on this question: Do you get the feeling that emails to Microsoft-controlled domains generate more spurious (i.e., incorrect) spam complaints than other email providers?

The reason I ask is because I've had a few users who seem to have marked my legitimate transactional emails as spam, and they then complain that they're not receiving emails from me any longer. When I check their history with my mail delivery service, I can see the spam complaint and that their address is then automatically blacklisted from receiving further emails. But, in more than one instance, the user swears that they didn't mark the email as spam, or they claim that it must have been a mistake.

I haven't seen such a high false positive rate with providers other than Microsoft. I wonder if they're generating some spam complaints automatically...

• angeliusangelius Member
    edited December 2019

AWS SES works really well and cost only $0.10 for 1000 outgoing emails. This might be a good solution for you.
    FYI they accept a bounce rate of 5% and a complaint rate of 0.5% max, above that you will be banned

• rafanakerafanake Member
    edited December 2019

For those who asked, i'm not sending promotional emails, only transactional and orders/account related emails

@jar i was waiting for your response before decide what to do, but i was say that i would have 2 days to move to another place, but my service was cancelled just now, and i cant access it anymore, theres something i can do? I Need to access it to backup and move to another place =(

• stupid question, how do i mark emails as spam if i manage my email in a program like outlook (i.e. via pop3 and smtp)?

edited December 2019

@AlwaysSkint said:
    This is of some concern to me, as I host small business sites, most with e-commerce. I (wrongly) thought MXroute would help the arbitrary blocks that AOHell,AT&T, sbcglobal, comcast and Microsoft put on legitimate emails. Incoming emails aren't usually the issue, it's outbound ones that are problematic.
    For mailshots, my clients are advised to use mailchimp, constant contact etc. but normal operational e-commerce emails are frequently blocked by the above email handlers.
    I haven't yet found the time to trial MXRoute however, having grabbed a 2yr deal.

What about this thread has you reaching the conclusion that you were wrong about that? That's pretty much the whole reason I've spent so much time and money on MXroute, to do those things you mentioned. This is part of how I protect that investment and effort. The recipients in this case reported multiple emails as spam and Microsoft sent complaints to the abuse contact on the IP range.

Thanked by 1AlwaysSkint
  • DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

I can take that deal off you 😂

@aj_potc said:
    @jar
    I'm not one of your users, but thought you might have some insight on this question: Do you get the feeling that emails to Microsoft-controlled domains generate more spurious (i.e., incorrect) spam complaints than other email providers?

The reason I ask is because I've had a few users who seem to have marked my legitimate transactional emails as spam, and they then complain that they're not receiving emails from me any longer. When I check their history with my mail delivery service, I can see the spam complaint and that their address is then automatically blacklisted from receiving further emails. But, in more than one instance, the user swears that they didn't mark the email as spam, or they claim that it must have been a mistake.

I haven't seen such a high false positive rate with providers other than Microsoft. I wonder if they're generating some spam complaints automatically...

It's definitely not automatic. Sometimes they'll send these complaints years later, it's definitely triggered by the report spam function.

@angstrom said:

@jar said: Sorry but 4 recipients reported the emails as spam within 24 hours. I received copies of the emails from Microsoft and I agree that they don't look like spam, but that's just an incredibly unusual report rate and your customers are just not friendly I guess. I have a really hard time keeping Microsoft happy but the continued revenue of far more than one customer hinges on the fact that I do so, and I just can't trade hundreds/thousands of customers for one, nor can I make your customers not report the emails as spam. It's just business, I have nothing against you.

Just curious, if you're in a position to say, did those emails include an "unsubscribe" link?

My impression is that there are (perhaps a growing number of) people who (also) use the "mark this as spam" button as an alternate way of unsubscribing from a list (in addition to using the same button for marking real spam). Even if an email contains an "unsubscribe" link, it's much easier to click on the "mark this as spam" button. Such people don't understand (or care about) the potentially negative consequences for the sender if they do this.

This said, I understand that you need to make the decision that best protects your business.

Likely true with Gmail especially as they’ll try to unsubscribe when you click that button. In this case there’s no need for a link as they appeared transactional.

• Best thing is to ask your customers not to use Hotmail or other providers that are trigger happy about spam messages.

I mean how many messages do you have to send to a recipient for it to be regarded as spam?

Many people don't seem to realize that but once a person engages in a contractual obligation to receive email at a certain address, the sender is not liable of any blocks or binning by the receiver's provider. In fact there is no such thing as receiving email only from a particular domain or a provider unless the contract demands it

If the receiver doesn't like receiving email from a sender the proper thing to do is to filter it and empty the filter's folder regularly.

It is not the Post Office jobs to classify junk postal mail. If you don't want to you receive mail from some sender you tell them to remove you from their subscription, you don't tell the Post Office to bin it because of who the sender it.

This free email services from Google and Microsoft seem to be a means of drawing people's communications so they can be mined for data, and messing with other people's businesses in the process.

mundomarcolina.com looks like a genuine site who don't look like they will risk their business via spam.

Thanked by 1rafanake
  • rchurch said: Many people don't seem to realize that but once a person engages in a contractual obligation to receive email at a certain address, the sender is not liable of any blocks or binning by the receiver's provider. In fact there is no such thing as receiving email only from a particular domain or a provider unless the contract demands it

This is garbage.

• jar said: Sorry but 4 recipients reported the emails as spam within 24 hours. I received copies of the emails from Microsoft and I agree that they don't look like spam, but that's just an incredibly unusual report rate and your customers are just not friendly I guess.

How many recipients per 100 or 1000 have to report spam in a specific period to trigger a warning? Does Microsoft have a number for that?

I would think that if a particular domain is sending spam Microsoft should block that domain not the provider. The whole thing smacks of abuse of power, but it is an abuse of power that comes because people like to have stuff for free, and don't realize that it is not a wise thing to form contracts around free stuff.

rchurch said: How many recipients per 100 or 1000 have to report spam in a specific period to trigger a warning? Does Microsoft have a number for that?

It's not documented and Microsoft won't acknowledge that it's different for everyone. For us, right now, they'll send 100% of them regardless. Not everyone gets the same treatment, we didn't until recently.

Thanked by 2rchurch netomx

We were able to work this out privately.

Thanked by 2sanvit taubin
  • rafanakerafanake Member
    edited December 2019

Just talked with Jar, and we're able to reactivate my account, Thank you Jar and everyone who posted here.

Have a nice new year guys.

Thanked by 3sanvit taubin AC_Fan
  • Just to confirm - its completely fine to use the service as SMTP to send out order emails from an ecommerce site, right?

@t0ny0 said:
    Just to confirm - its completely fine to use the service as SMTP to send out order emails from an ecommerce site, right?

Not only fine, it's something I've spent far too much money to make sure you can do with the highest success rates :)