Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!


How reliable is hostsolutions.ro?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

How reliable is hostsolutions.ro?

Hi. I am searching for server provider that doesn't mind about copyright material linking. Or at least, I need a provider that doesn't mind with many takedown notice as long as I remove them.

After a big of digging, @cociou name constantly popping up.

So I am wondering, how reliable is hostsolutions.ro?
I was his user back then and the server was working great and he is a friendly person too.

My website will receive quite a lot of user and great uptime is a must. After seeing some bad reviews, I am wondering if I can rely on his server?

Also @cociu, is there any ongoing promotion?

Hopefully no offence is taken by cociu.

Thanks!!

Sorry for my bad English

«1

Comments

  • Search this forum for review many reviews are already posted

    If you want access to a system all you have to do is ask - Kevin Mitnick

  • If you buy a dedicated, I think it should be mostly ok. I am not entirely sure about VPS for critical stuff, though.

    Deals and Reviews: LowEndBoxes Review | Avoid dodgy providers with The LEBRE Whitelist | Free hosting (with conditions): Evolution-Host, NanoKVM, FreeMach, ServedEZ | Get expert copyediting and copywriting help at The Write Flow

  • I believe it's 50/50 - they had a massive network issue for quite some time which I believe has now been resolved, but recently they had another major network issue with a core router dying without redundancy or an immediate replacement available which led to more downtime... It's good for your generic stuff like linux iso's but nothing critical in my eyes.

    Thanked by 2Devil zhiiker
  • It’s an adventure. You never know what each day is going to bring.

  • @webclouddev said:
    Search this forum for review many reviews are already posted

    Hi. Unfortunately many comments are just saying whether they are bad or otherwise which I don't know if they really tried his service or not.

    I need reviews that at least give in-depth description of which part is bad or which is good and the user really tried instead of copying what he read somewhere else.

    thanks

    Sorry for my bad English

  • K4Y5K4Y5 Member
    edited December 2019

    @JohnRoe said:
    Hi. I am searching for server provider that doesn't mind about copyright material linking. Or at least, I need a provider that doesn't mind with many takedown notice as long as I remove them.

    After a big of digging, @cociou name constantly popping up.

    So I am wondering, how reliable is hostsolutions.ro?
    I was his user back then and the server was working great and he is a friendly person too.

    My website will receive quite a lot of user and great uptime is a must. After seeing some bad reviews, I am wondering if I can rely on his server?

    Also @cociu, is there any ongoing promotion?

    Hopefully no offence is taken by cociu.

    Thanks!!

    It's all fun and games jumping between providers who race their way to the bottom or LEB front page, till you lose something important trying to save a couple of pennies.

    Remember, you get what you pay for.

    Thanked by 1seriesn
  • @JohnRoe said: I am searching for server provider that doesn't mind about copyright material linking.

    At some point, ultimately, every decent provider will mind about copyright material linking, especially when the take-down notices multiply, so this forum is probably not the place where you should be looking for a provider that doesn't mind about copyright material linking

    "Linux will run happily with only 4 MB of RAM, including all of the bells and whistles such as the X Window System, Emacs, and so on." (M. Welsh & L. Kaufman, Running Linux, 2e, 1996, p. 32)

  • uptimeuptime Member
    edited December 2019

    @JohnRoe I dunno bro but really now ... do you expect anybody in their right mind to seriously recommend you host your mission critical crucial reliability required website on hostsolutions?

    Most of the time their stuff is working great and it's really very nice for the price

    But high-availability is a whole different ballgame. If that's what you need, then you would do well to seek out a provider with that proven capability and specific focus. If @cociu wants to get into that particular area of the hosting market I think it certainly could happen with some work - but you should then expect to pay more than lowend prices for that level of service and support.

    Right now what you see is what you get. You are going to have to decide for yourself - and if you're looking at a long history of maybe good enough, hey usually pretty good but not perfect ... I don't know what else you would expect someone to tell you, really.

    Thanked by 2cociu default

    the Amitz.party lives on!

  • seriesnseriesn Member, Top Provider

    @K4Y5 said:

    @JohnRoe said:
    Hi. I am searching for server provider that doesn't mind about copyright material linking. Or at least, I need a provider that doesn't mind with many takedown notice as long as I remove them.

    After a big of digging, @cociou name constantly popping up.

    So I am wondering, how reliable is hostsolutions.ro?
    I was his user back then and the server was working great and he is a friendly person too.

    My website will receive quite a lot of user and great uptime is a must. After seeing some bad reviews, I am wondering if I can rely on his server?

    Also @cociu, is there any ongoing promotion?

    Hopefully no offence is taken by cociu.

    Thanks!!

    It's all fun and games jumping between providers who race their way to the bottom or LEB front page, till you lose something important trying to save a couple of pennies.

    Remember, you get what you pay for.

    You sound like a very wise man!

  • ClouviderClouvider Member, Provider

    Don’t forget to read about a “completely fried Juniper”

    Clouvider Limited - Leading Hosting & Connectivity Partner || Dedicated Server Sale from £39/m - Our Latest LET Offer
    Cloud Web Hosting | SSD & SAS HA OnApp VPS | US, UK, NL & DE Dedicated Servers | Network Services | Colocation | Managed Services

  • Wrong question.

    signature for rent - ^_^

  • seriesnseriesn Member, Top Provider
    edited December 2019

    Here is my 2cents. @cociu tries his level best to offer something that fits the bill. He does his best despite all the negativity and comes with his own flavor. Ffs, the guy actually owns a DC and if you want a host that ignores usual DMCA, he is probably the only non shady DC out there?

    But in order to win the LE world, you have to enter the race to the bottom. Which requires cost cuttings.

    The perfect example would be Headphones and charging cables.

    A premium branded one might cost 20, but will serve you multiple months while the dollar store branded one will cost a dollar but you will buy one every month. In the long run, are you really saving?

    So you buy the dollar store one when you forget your cable at home while out for a weekend with family and toss it away after some time.

  • @JohnRoe

    I guess that you had second thoughts about your earlier try:

    https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/152696/pls-delete

    "Linux will run happily with only 4 MB of RAM, including all of the bells and whistles such as the X Window System, Emacs, and so on." (M. Welsh & L. Kaufman, Running Linux, 2e, 1996, p. 32)

  • raindog308raindog308 Administrator

    HS offers five eights of uptime.

    Thanked by 3Falzo uptime Clouvider

    For LET support, please visit the support desk.

    LowEndTalk attracts the finest members. - bear, WebHostingTalk

  • @angstrom said:
    @JohnRoe

    I guess that you had second thoughts about your earlier try:

    https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/152696/pls-delete

    Oops I did it again

    Deals and Reviews: LowEndBoxes Review | Avoid dodgy providers with The LEBRE Whitelist | Free hosting (with conditions): Evolution-Host, NanoKVM, FreeMach, ServedEZ | Get expert copyediting and copywriting help at The Write Flow

  • @poisson said:

    @angstrom said:
    @JohnRoe

    I guess that you had second thoughts about your earlier try:

    https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/152696/pls-delete

    Oops I did it again

    Ah, but with a difference:

    • earlier, the OP cast it as a naked inquiry into providers who don't mind abundant take-down notices, which he then retracted (deleted) three hours later
    • this time, the OP cast it as a clothed inquiry into the reliability of HostSolutions, which had the effect that helpful participants scrambled to offer their best advice about the reliability of said provider

    "Linux will run happily with only 4 MB of RAM, including all of the bells and whistles such as the X Window System, Emacs, and so on." (M. Welsh & L. Kaufman, Running Linux, 2e, 1996, p. 32)

  • JohnRoe said: Hopefully no offence is taken by cociu.

    cociu is take only sisters ... :)

    I dont answer my tickets!

  • elliotcelliotc Member
    edited December 2019

    Usable, valuable but not reliable.
    You get more than you paid but better not place something that might cause million lose.

    Don't give me hope.

  • SCAM_DONT_BUYSCAM_DONT_BUY Member
    edited December 2019

    Clouvider said: Don’t forget to read about a “completely fried Juniper”

    Go back to your own league and stop harassing cociu. You've been doing this for years now. While you seem like a good guy, this is a really toxic behaviour and you know it.

    Edit: get used to it then

  • raindog308raindog308 Administrator

    SCAM_DONT_BUY said: toxic behaviour

    Most overused word of the last decade. Anytime anyone criticizes something, it's "toxic".

    Toxic: "containing or being poisonous material especially when capable of causing death or serious debilitation." Also a Britney Spears song. Neither is appropriate here.

    For LET support, please visit the support desk.

    LowEndTalk attracts the finest members. - bear, WebHostingTalk

  • SCAM_DONT_BUY said: Go back to your own league and stop harassing cociu. You've been doing this for years now. While you seem like a good guy, this is a really toxic behaviour and you know it.

    no worry , i am used too yet .. is a hard working guy and this forum is the proof , is one of the best quality here ... but have his bad part like all of us. Respect for his job because is doing good must to reconose this ... but you know nobody is perfect.

    I dont answer my tickets!

  • cociucociu Member
    edited December 2019

    JohnRoe said: JohnRoe

    @JohnRoe i will try to define hostsolutions from my part , lather you will take your personal conclusions and you can follow any review :

    until 2 month ago we have been a mess due of many factors , first of one is growing fast and uncontrolated and here is a small town and is difficult with the employers ..

    second , 80% of related reviews was about vps (openvz 6 more precise) and we have use a module developed for a 3-rd person wich the support in the last year was zero so .. finnaly we had to change this shit module to a new one .

    in the last year we have change our location and this was caused also some problems.

    conclusion (my personal one) we are not the best , will be verry difficult to be the best some day but not imposible because we work on this and some changes is made yet and we still continue to improove this , i will not dissapear like many "top providers " from LET or at least many of them was blame me personally and finnaly was scam and dissapear. I can assure and reasurre i am dedicated 100% in this business now and i hope understand my principal interest is put this in order. Right now i cannot tell i will offer you 100% uptime but i can guarantee when we have any kind of problem we work 24/24 until the problem is resolved.

    Is much to say like always i will not stay to explain because the negative person will still find a way to blame. So finally the client will decide what kind the service/cost want.

    Thanked by 2uptime KKCC

    I dont answer my tickets!

  • SCAM_DONT_BUY said: Go back to your own league and stop harassing cociu.

    I think you forgot to log out of your alt account poisson.

  • seriesnseriesn Member, Top Provider

    @PHDan said:

    SCAM_DONT_BUY said: Go back to your own league and stop harassing cociu.

    I think you forgot to log out of your alt account poisson.

    At this point, I think we are all Biloh and Fabozzi.

  • seriesn said: At this point, I think we are all Biloh and Fabozzi.

    Heh, well it does seem like they live full time in a few peoples heads around here.

    Thanked by 1seriesn
  • PHDan said: I think you forgot to log out of your alt account poisson.

    You got me.

  • @webclouddev said:
    Search this forum for review many reviews are already posted

    Hi. Unfortunately many comments are just saying whether they are bad or otherwise which I don't know if they really tried his service or not.

    I need reviews that at least give in-depth description of which part is bad or which is good and the user really tried instead of copying what he read somewhere else.

    thanks> @angstrom said:

    @JohnRoe said: I am searching for server provider that doesn't mind about copyright material linking.

    At some point, ultimately, every decent provider will mind about copyright material linking, especially when the take-down notices multiply, so this forum is probably not the place where you should be looking for a provider that doesn't mind about copyright material linking

    I did also mentioned a provider that doesn't mind with takedown notice as long as I remove the material.
    Also I actually not frequently receiving them. But there are certain companies that spamming the same notice over and over within short period.

    Sorry for my bad English

  • @K4Y5 said:

    @JohnRoe said:
    Hi. I am searching for server provider that doesn't mind about copyright material linking. Or at least, I need a provider that doesn't mind with many takedown notice as long as I remove them.

    After a big of digging, @cociou name constantly popping up.

    So I am wondering, how reliable is hostsolutions.ro?
    I was his user back then and the server was working great and he is a friendly person too.

    My website will receive quite a lot of user and great uptime is a must. After seeing some bad reviews, I am wondering if I can rely on his server?

    Also @cociu, is there any ongoing promotion?

    Hopefully no offence is taken by cociu.

    Thanks!!

    It's all fun and games jumping between providers who race their way to the bottom or LEB front page, till you lose something important trying to save a couple of pennies.

    Remember, you get what you pay for.

    I actually not really trying to saving up. Instead I need a provider that fit my requirements and hostsolution did. Is there any other alternative you know?

    Sorry for my bad English

  • @uptime said:
    @JohnRoe I dunno bro but really now ... do you expect anybody in their right mind to seriously recommend you host your mission critical crucial reliability required website on hostsolutions?

    Most of the time their stuff is working great and it's really very nice for the price

    But high-availability is a whole different ballgame. If that's what you need, then you would do well to seek out a provider with that proven capability and specific focus. If @cociu wants to get into that particular area of the hosting market I think it certainly could happen with some work - but you should then expect to pay more than lowend prices for that level of service and support.

    Right now what you see is what you get. You are going to have to decide for yourself - and if you're looking at a long history of maybe good enough, hey usually pretty good but not perfect ... I don't know what else you would expect someone to tell you, really.

    Thanks!

    @seriesn said:
    Here is my 2cents. @cociu tries his level best to offer something that fits the bill. He does his best despite all the negativity and comes with his own flavor. Ffs, the guy actually owns a DC and if you want a host that ignores usual DMCA, he is probably the only non shady DC out there?

    But in order to win the LE world, you have to enter the race to the bottom. Which requires cost cuttings.

    The perfect example would be Headphones and charging cables.

    A premium branded one might cost 20, but will serve you multiple months while the dollar store branded one will cost a dollar but you will buy one every month. In the long run, are you really saving?

    So you buy the dollar store one when you forget your cable at home while out for a weekend with family and toss it away after some time.

    Thanks. Good advice. I'll take it. Except I am opened to another alternative that is not lowend.

    Sorry for my bad English

  • @cociu said:

    JohnRoe said: JohnRoe

    @JohnRoe i will try to define hostsolutions from my part , lather you will take your personal conclusions and you can follow any review :

    until 2 month ago we have been a mess due of many factors , first of one is growing fast and uncontrolated and here is a small town and is difficult with the employers ..

    second , 80% of related reviews was about vps (openvz 6 more precise) and we have use a module developed for a 3-rd person wich the support in the last year was zero so .. finnaly we had to change this shit module to a new one .

    in the last year we have change our location and this was caused also some problems.

    conclusion (my personal one) we are not the best , will be verry difficult to be the best some day but not imposible because we work on this and some changes is made yet and we still continue to improove this , i will not dissapear like many "top providers " from LET or at least many of them was blame me personally and finnaly was scam and dissapear. I can assure and reasurre i am dedicated 100% in this business now and i hope understand my principal interest is put this in order. Right now i cannot tell i will offer you 100% uptime but i can guarantee when we have any kind of problem we work 24/24 until the problem is resolved.

    Is much to say like always i will not stay to explain because the negative person will still find a way to blame. So finally the client will decide what kind the service/cost want.

    Thanks. I appreciate your reply. Is there any ongoing promotion?

    Sorry for my bad English

This discussion has been closed.