Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

VestaCP and MSCP Lite on one server?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

VestaCP and MSCP Lite on one server?

amadex1337amadex1337 Member
edited December 2019 in Help

Hello,
I would like to install VestaCP with just apache/ngnix and mysql, without any other addons.
This I will need for my chat website (to install the chat script).

For the radio streaming I would like to use https://unrealhosting.hu/mscp-lite/

Should there be any conflict between vesta and mscp-lite or something?

Both should be installed on 1 KVM server.

Comments

• Normally, it won't conflict. MSCP webserver is listening on port 90, you just have to open the needed ports (90 and streaming ports) on vestacp firewall. But why do you need to install vesta just for a chat script (I guess a php script)? Install a plain nginx with php-fpm and a mysql database if needed, it can cover your needs and will be more lightweight and secure.
    Also, If it is for just a single or a couple of web radios, you can avoid mscp lite and install icecast2 alone, with ices for autodj.

• amadex1337amadex1337 Member
    edited December 2019

@jvnadr I will use just single website and single radio station. The website will also use Let's Encrypt SSL too.

• Use easyengine or LEMPer (if on ubuntu/debian) or centminmod (if on Centos) to automatic install webserver, database and let's encrypt. Those are easy scripts to install a LEMP server with automatic Let'sEncrypt.
    Install icecast2 and configure icecast.xml file (set passwords, specs etc.).
    Install the chat script or any page you want in the according nginx folder.
    That's it. You are ready to use your streaming service.