Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Central US VPS, paying annually!
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Central US VPS, paying annually!

Hi there,

Looking for a central VPS in Dallas/Texas/Kansas area, paying annually (or monthly if it's your preference) with the following specifications:

1 core
1gb of memory
20-40GB SSD space (or not slow HDD)
1tb of bandwidth

Paying up to $24 per year, anyone know of offers like this with reputable companies?

Comments

• Unfortunately his central locations are a bit over budget.. I'm looking for nothing above $24 I'm afraid. Thanks anyways @dahartigan

Thanked by 1dahartigan
  • @tester4 said:
    Unfortunately his central locations are a bit over budget.. I'm looking for nothing above $24 I'm afraid. Thanks anyways @dahartigan

I'm afraid if his central locations are over budget, the odds of one that fits your budget is kinda low.

Thanked by 2uptime dahartigan
  • uptimeuptime Member
    edited December 2019

@poisson said:

@tester4 said:
    Unfortunately his central locations are a bit over budget.. I'm looking for nothing above $24 I'm afraid. Thanks anyways @dahartigan

I'm afraid if his central locations are over budget, the odds of one that fits your budget is kinda low.

Indeed - Black Friday is over, but maybe @VirMach will have more deals for Christmas or sometime before next November, I dunno but that may be your best bet for a $24 yearly in Dallas

In the meantime, not seeing anything with 1 GB ram for that price on serverhunter.com in Dallas - Kansas City, Missouri shows one from a provider I don't know anything about, not SSD

Good luck with your budget!

If you raise it a bit. might do well to go with @SmartHost (or, as already suggested, @HostDoc)

if you expand your search to Chicago might check with @TNAHosting for some OpenVZ7 options (not sure exactly what they might have for $24/yr though)

If you can go further out to central Canada then @freerangecloud would be a good option - though I think you may still need to raise your budget for more SSD space in general

not that long ago @nerduno got some responses to a similar request (for several different locations) - might be worth taking a look at https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/158394/need-kvm-1gb-ram-20gb-ssd-1tb-bw-gbit-net-for-voip-platforms/p1

• Specifically waiting on VirMach actually @uptime, they had a deal on the special offers page within my budget but currently out of stock :(

• I have a vague recollection that last year UltraVPS.eu Thanksgiving pricing also became available at Christmas. If that happens again, then 1GB RAM/30 GB storage/1TB BW in Dallas for around $19/yr.

Thanked by 1UltraVPS
  • That's gonna be pretty tough to find then in my opinion. An offer will come up here and there that'll meet your needs, but if you need something NOW then your options are pretty much covered in this thread.

• No problem guys, I'll wait for Christmas Eve - just thought I'd post one now, I know my requirements are a bit cheap but they aren't terrible so hoping I don't find it too hard to find a deal like it :)

• uptimeuptime Member
    edited December 2019

another victim of the @VirMach effect

those flash deals are a lingering reality-distortion field

thing is, I think you do get just as good or even better value when paying a bit more

for instance, @HostDoc's xeon gold / NVMe node on the hivelocity network in Dallas is superior potassium at a bargain price. I have not sampled the Kansas City deal but it looks solid as well.

Just saying ...

Anyway good luck with your quest - maybe check in one of the @VirMach flash sale pages to see if anyone's got an extra Dallas deal from BF they might willing to part with.

@anyNode could be another possibility for OpenVZ7 deals, not sure about locations but I tuink they've got a few.

SSDNodes and SpeedyKVM are more options in Dallas that may not advertise here, might check to see what they're up to in terms of holiday sales as well

Thanked by 3tester4 HostDoc anyNode
  • SSDNodes and SpeedyKVM are more options in Dallas that may not advertise here, might check to see what they're up to in terms of holiday sales as well

SSDNoes is cheap only when you pay for 3 years in advance, otherwise, they charge $40/m for 2vCPU/8gb RAM/80gb SSD. If you are not lucky, you will get a shitty E5 CPU, not Gold CPU.

Thanked by 1uptime
  • If OpenVZ 7 is OK with you, take a look at https://servercheap.net/pricing.php
    1 GB RAM SSD server for $20/yr

I used their KVM servers for a short period of time before they changed thier website template. Nothing unpleasant as I can recall.

Thanked by 1uptime