Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

hostsolutions ovz containers, what about firewalling? any other ovz provider that got the req mod?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

hostsolutions ovz containers, what about firewalling? any other ovz provider that got the req mod?

dada216dada216 Member
edited December 2019 in Providers

does anybody knows if hostoslutions (romania) loads any module that I can use from within the container to do some firewalling?
Generally speaking do you guys know about any provider that offers a cheap OVZ container with modules loaded for tun and firewalling capabilities?

sorry if this is a stupid question but I'm no professional, this is just a hobby for me.
I wanted to use that 1TB cheap space for both torrenting and bacula backup, and since this would become part of a wider network I woulnd't like to have it wide open to the internet without some minimal firewalling capabilities.

what's the point in an OVZ container with a public IP without a firewall anyways? does it make sense under any other circumstance?

Comments

• not more easy to open a tiket ?

• @cociu said:
    not more easy to open a tiket ?

I did, but I also wanted to ask the community, you're not the only one offering those kind of OVZ containers, so I'm curious as to understand what's the use case.

Also I thought I'd get a reply to the ticket only after the holidays.

• @cociu said:
    not more easy to open a tiket ?

It's not your responsibility to handle firewalls on unmanaged servers, LET is better choice than a ticket.