Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

TCP Handshake Takes Too Long / Too Many TCP Retransmission
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

TCP Handshake Takes Too Long / Too Many TCP Retransmission

umityaylaumityayla Member
edited December 2019 in Help

We have a webserver for API and a game client. We process API requests from the game client but sometimes it takes way too long for a request to come back. Sometimes we have problems with latency, sometimes timeout or sometimes weird Unknown Errors. Here are some wireshark captures;

This one didn't return a response;

This one's response time was 3 seconds.

1185 ms;

When keep-alive is open we don't have a problem but it's not a solution. I mean there's still a TCP handshake problem.

And this is a typical "good" request.

Our back-end stack is like this; Haproxy with Let's Encrypt SSL Termination + Gunicorn3 + Flask

By the way here the Haproxy statistics for an unusual request that we're trying to solve;

Dec 10 13:58:01 localhost.localdomain haproxy[4469]: client_address = "****", path = "***", status = 200, Tr=31, Tw=0, Tc=0, Ta=31, sslVersion="TLSv1.3", Tt=4112, Td=0, Th=4081, Ti=0, Tq=4081, TR=0 Tr => response time Tw => total time spent in the queues waiting for a connection slot. Tc => time to establish TCP connection to server Ta => active time of requests (from %TR to end) Tt => total session duration time Td => Tt – (Tq + Tw + Tc + Tr) Th => connection handshake time (SSL, PROXY protocol) Ti => idle time before the HTTP request Tq => time to get the client request Tr => time to receive the full request from first byte

Update; When I try to connect my server via https://nameserverblabla.com the problem occurs; but when I try to connect my server via just IP adress, I don't have such problems.

I exported 2 pcapng files;

File1

File2