Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hostgator deleted domain
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Hostgator deleted domain

gwnd1989gwnd1989 Member
edited December 2019 in Help

One of a clients domain has gotten deleted on this month 15th.
It says "It appears this domain name is deleted, to register a new domain please go here." infront of the domain listing..

Usually there is a 30day grace period isnt it? Their chat is not loading for me...

Can someone please help me here... thanks a lot

Comments

• ulayerulayer Member, Host Rep

Seems like the only way to resolve this would be to contact their support or login to the client's Hostgator account and transfer the domain somewhere else if you can't renew it.

• @gwnd1989 said:
    It says "It appears this domain name is deleted, to register a new domain please go here." infront of the domain listing..

Usually there is a 30day grace period isnt it? Their chat is not loading for me...

So they didn't pay the bill?

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider

never let a service go overdue just because you think there's a grace period.

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy
    edited December 2019

For all you know, it could have been past the renewal/redemption period.

• somiksomik Member
    edited December 2019

@gwnd1989 said:

Not for all TLDs...

.sg for example will expire if you don't renew it by 15 days before expiry. After that there is a surcharge of 200 usd to renew it.

Check with register on this and always renew it 30 days before expiry.

• .sg for example will expire if you don't renew it by 15 days before expiry. After that there is a surcharge of 200 usd to renew it.

Unrelated, but this is not true either, .sg domains have up to a 30 day grace after expiry for you to renew, followed by another 30 day redemption after this. You can refer to the registry agreement here: https://www.sgnic.sg/pdf/domain-name-registration-agreementb1c0c7f36dd1607791cbff0000fe06a15eee.pdf?sfvrsn=2

• somiksomik Member
    edited December 2019

@Boltersdriveer said:

.sg for example will expire if you don't renew it by 15 days before expiry. After that there is a surcharge of 200 usd to renew it.

Unrelated, but this is not true either, .sg domains have up to a 30 day grace after expiry for you to renew, followed by another 30 day redemption after this. You can refer to the registry agreement here: https://www.sgnic.sg/pdf/domain-name-registration-agreementb1c0c7f36dd1607791cbff0000fe06a15eee.pdf?sfvrsn=2

That's funny cause namecheap charged my friend 200 usd + the domain renewal cost of 45 usd for not renewing it in time.

Link : https://www.namecheap.com/support/knowledgebase/article.aspx/9296/36/how-do-i-renew-ch--es--fr--li--pe--sg-domains

Edit : ok 12 days before expiry

• Why would your client not pay within 15 days for a domain that is still needed

Thanked by 1angstrom
  • angstromangstrom Moderator
    edited December 2019

@gwnd1989 said:

"client", hmm

How can someone other than HostGator help you?

• somik said: That's funny cause namecheap charged my friend 200 usd + the domain renewal cost of 45 usd for not renewing it in time.

Link : https://www.namecheap.com/support/knowledgebase/article.aspx/9296/36/how-do-i-renew-ch--es--fr--li--pe--sg-domains

Edit : ok 12 days before expiry

As great as Namecheap is for "global" TLDs, actually this is not a thing in local registrars. In local registrars, it works much the same way without this 12 day grace.

Thanked by 1somik
  • Can you not buy it again, or has it been snatched up already?

• Thanks all, I got it back by contacting Hostgator on Firefox. On Chrome their chat doesnt work! lol
    I was hoping someone knew if there was some kind of a button or something that I could, that is why I asked for help.

Thank you.

They charged more than the usual though, 19USD.

• @seriesn said:

@gwnd1989 said:

So they didn't pay the bill?

There was no invoice, I was told.

• @gwnd1989 So you're back, eh?

This is Joooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooe, he 's a lodger.

Welcome back! :smile:

• deankdeank Member, Troll

So, are you happy?