Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Found a nice offer of .EU Domain [10EUR/10Years]
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Found a nice offer of .EU Domain [10EUR/10Years]

Just received an email - Special price for 10-year .EU domain registrations
(The special price will be valid until December 19, 2019)

https://www.icdsoft.com/en/domains

Enjoy it if meets your requirements :)

Comments

• Wasnt there something about .eu only being able to be registered/renewed 1 year in advance or something at eurid?
    (meaning if its a yr reg, you would have to trust that your registrar (icdsoft) will renew it before it expires?)

• JabJabJabJab Member
    edited December 2019

We got almost the same promo from three companies here too in PL - I would assume it's something global at this point?
    domeny.tv, home.pl and forpsi.pl

Terenas said: Wasnt there something about .eu only being able to be registered/renewed 1 year in advance or something at eurid?

This is from eurid website, so 10 years looks valid.

Thanked by 1mrTom
  • @Terenas said:
    Wasnt there something about .eu only being able to be registered/renewed 1 year in advance or something at eurid?
    (meaning if its a yr reg, you would have to trust that your registrar (icdsoft) will renew it before it expires?)

Max=10years in one time purchase.
    If you do not trust the provider, you can transfer out the domain after 60 days.

(Ref:
    Can I transfer out a .COM domain name I’ve registered through you?

The domain name needs to be at least 60 days old. You can submit a support ticket or send us an email to request that we unlock your domain name and send its EPP/Auth code to you.)

@JabJab said:
    We got almost the same promo from three companies here too in PL - I would assume it's something global at this point?
    domeny.tv, home.pl and forpsi.pl

that's great news to get cheap domain from these provider~

• cociucociu Member
    edited December 2019

Thanks ! just bayed 8 domains ... for idle because seems this is normally here so need to be with you guys !

• @cociu said:
    Thanks ! just bayed 8 domains ... for idle because seems this is normally here so need to be with you guys !

Wut?

Thanked by 1kkrajk
  • @JohnRoe said:

@cociu said:

Wut?

Sometimes you don't have to understand what others say, but what they mean to say. This is because not all of us can pronounce or write English well. Don't worry. You'll understand others with time.

In this case he wanted to say "I just bought 8 domains" - but he thought of writing the verb "to buy" as it's pronounced and sounds in his language (Romanian), ending up with another verb (bay) to which he attached the improper suffix "-ed".

Thanked by 1pullangcubo
  • That's awesome, but do I need to be an EU resident or can I just have hosting there?

• defaultdefault Veteran
    edited December 2019

@shillshocked said:
    That's awesome, but do I need to be an EU resident or can I just have hosting there?

You need to be an EU resident. However, you can simply get it on another company name. For example Netim sells it at 12 euro /10 years (special offer), and with an extra 25 euro you can get whois privacy (on their name). Basically they are owners on record of domain.

• @default said:

@shillshocked said:
    That's awesome, but do I need to be an EU resident or can I just have hosting there?

You need to be an EU resident. However, you can simply get it on another company name. For example Netim sells it at 12 euro /10 years (special offer), and with an extra 25 euro you can get whois privacy (on their name). Basically they are owners on record of domain.

Is that per year or lump sum?

• @shillshocked said:

@default said:

@shillshocked said:

Is that per year or lump sum?

Sorry. I was wrong. The trustee is only for 1 year.

Trustee - .EU domain name 10 years 250.00 €

• Yeah, wish I had some trustworthy friends in the EU outside Britain...

• Does this offer extend to moving domains to them?
    Can someone show their backend?

• JohnRoeJohnRoe Member
    edited December 2019

@default said:

@JohnRoe said:

@cociu said:

Wut?

Sometimes you don't have to understand what others say, but what they mean to say. This is because not all of us can pronounce or write English well. Don't worry. You'll understand others with time.

In this case he wanted to say "I just bought 8 domains" - but he thought of writing the verb "to buy" as it's pronounced and sounds in his language (Romanian), ending up with another verb (bay) to which he attached the improper suffix "-ed".

ohk thanks. My english is not good either, you can read my signature if you hasnt. "Bayed" looked like a exist word in English tho. Not everyone good in English, so you can't assume anyone is good English. Thanks.

• Terenas said: Wasnt there something about .eu only being able to be registered/renewed 1 year in advance or something at eurid?

Hi, this promotion is organized by EURid.

You can check that we (ICDSoft) are an accredited registrar at: https://eurid.eu/en/find-a-registrar/

In accordance with our "Fair Pricing for Domains" policy we are transferring the full promotion price we get to anyone who decides to register a .EU domain. The domain is registered directly in EURid for the full term (10 years).

The promotion ends tomorrow.

• Need to be Europe citizen...

• @icdsoft

What are your payment methods?

• We accept payments with a credit/debit card, or a PayPal account.

• As a note:
    You can't set DNS records with their DNS service if you don't also order a hosting product.

• @Philipp said:
    As a note:
    You can't set DNS records with their DNS service if you don't also order a hosting product.

@Philipp said:
    As a note:

Too late. I bought a domain this morning. Can it be transferred?

• @Philipp said:
    As a note:

what the wh? :anguished:

• @siguiente said:

@Philipp said:
    As a note:

@Philipp said:
    As a note:

Too late. I bought a domain this morning. Can it be transferred?

Actually this is known as a trick. How cleverly they trap the customers! :open_mouth:

• But you CAN set your own DNS nameservers. I have yet to do that since I just wanted to reserve the name for a future project.

The TOS specify that "... As the customer is the sole owner of the registered domain name, arrangements can be made to transfer its registration to another provider."
    https://www.icdsoft.com/en/terms

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

So you can't park your domain there and use their own DNS Management service? Just point it elsewhere then. HE or Afraid.

• We do not offer free DNS service for .EU domains. This is specified on our domains page and isn't some kind of trick.

You are free to use any other (free or paid) DNS provider and set your own DNS servers.

• Did I miss the offer? ($50.57)

• alentoalento Member, Host Rep

@BBTN said:
    Did I miss the offer? ($50.57)

@icdsoft Is there a promo code, or is the offer removed already (it is still the 19th)?

• Looks like it's been removed already.
    That is disappointing.