Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

VPS or Dedicated
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

VPS or Dedicated

levelKrolevelKro Member
edited December 2019 in Requests

Hello, I need a good offers for my projects.

1) Main project (CSTEAM)
Currently with OVH at 10$usd/month for 2gb ram, 40gb ssd in France.
If you can beat this price and garantee the stability (need 99.999% uptime).

For exact specs needed;
1 CPU, 2GB ram or more, 20GB hdd/ssd or more, 100mbps speed or better, 1TB bandwidth from Canada (Quebec or Ontario) or in France. Dedicated IPv4, no IPv6.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

2) Personnals stuff and projects (LVKNET)
I have few personnal website to host, and try to start a little hosting service (at very low price for French customer). Is not my main project (hosting), not use cPanel or Direct Admin.

I need one or more VPS or servers in USA and/or Canada, Need to run a special things; a Shoutcast server with a transcoder. I use it for websites (5 sites) with low traffic.

For this, I need 2 CPU cores or more, 2GB of ram or more and minimum of 60GB of HDD space (I have a download service for my files) with a 100mbps (1gbps is better).

For moment I'm with Ethernet Servers (ethernetservers.com) and it's working good, I want keep my current server but look for buy another one to different host, prevent bad situation (like bankrupt or stop services). I want also make more reliable DNS structure.

Notes;
I'm looking the Kimsufi deal in Canada (4.99$/month) It's perfect for me (but not have stock);
1-2 Cpu, 2GB ram and 500Gb HDD on dedicated server. If you can offer a VPS or a Dedicated with this minimum request or equal of kimsufi deal.

I'm using Paypal, all servers is build with CentOS 7 with Virtualmin, no IRC, no torrents, no warez, no illegal stuff (like crack, racist or others), no p0rn. Can use a private proxy with password for personal use.

I can sometime use a Red5 Server for video Streaming (not using twitch, youtube or others, I have always copyright flag because the music) for 1-3 stream on the year (for 4hours each time)

I resume;
Project One (CSTEAM)

• 1 CPU
  • 2Gb ram +
  • 20Gb hdd/ssd +
  • 100mbps
  • 1 IPv4 dedicated
  • open port 25 (website need a functional ports and not blacklisted IP) for mails
  • Canada (Qc/On) or France
  • 9.99$/month or better

Project Two (LVKNET)

• 2 CPU +
  • 2Gb ram +
  • 60Gb hdd/ssd + (100Gb is perfect)
  • 100 mbps (1Gbps is best)
  • 1 IPv4 dedicated
  • open port 25 for mails
  • Canada, USA (north)
  • 24$/year (current) lower of 30$/year or 5$/month
  • If OpenVZ, I need the kernel supprot Quota

If you have a Kimsufi server a 4.99$ and want to transfert it, I'm ok with that.
If you search a staff can speak in French for your business, I can help you (this is my native language), and sorry for my poor English.

Comments

• refikrefik Member
    edited December 2019
    Thanked by 1levelKro
  • When you are looking at budget dedis (ks boxes), just remember, what you are essentially buying is a cell phone with a SD card. Looks great on paper, but for real world usage, a vps with similar price point and proper hardware backing will easily outpace these dedis.

So I guess to each their own?

Thanked by 1poisson
  • @seriesn said:
    When you are looking at budget dedis (ks boxes), just remember, what you are essentially buying is a cell phone with a SD card. Looks great on paper, but for real world usage, a vps with similar price point and proper hardware backing will easily outpace these dedis.

In the past, I have used a Kimsufi server, for me work really great. Not a mobile with a sd, work really nice, like a charm.

• @levelKro said:

@seriesn said:
    When you are looking at budget dedis (ks boxes), just remember, what you are essentially buying is a cell phone with a SD card. Looks great on paper, but for real world usage, a vps with similar price point and proper hardware backing will easily outpace these dedis.

In the past, I have used a Kimsufi server, for me work really great. Not a mobile with a sd, work really nice, like a charm.

As I said brother, to each their own. I tried messing with WSI box last year, lets just say, my 10 year old laptop had better performance. But also depends on usage. For personal project, they are more than fine :)

• alvaroalvaro Member
    edited December 2019

See SmartHost, performance looks like a dedicated server, but it's a VPS:

40GB NVME SSD Disk Space 8GB RAM 2TB Bandwidth 4 vCPU Threads 1 IPv4 Address

My aff link to their currently offer: https://www.smarthost.net/cart.php?a=add&pid=362&aff=119

• Thank you, is very nice offer :)

• @alvaro said:
    See SmartHost, performance looks like a dedicated server, but it's a VPS:

40GB NVME SSD Disk Space 8GB RAM 2TB Bandwidth 4 vCPU Threads 1 IPv4 Address

My aff link to their currently offer: https://www.smarthost.net/cart.php?a=add&pid=362&aff=119

Thank you, but not need ssd, is more important to have storage. And for the CSTEAM (1) project, I fogot to note; Need to be in Europe (95% of my traffic is from European country's).

• serveria_comserveria_com Member, Host Rep

@levelKro said:

@seriesn said:

I also heard from our customers those were ok. It's not a Raspberry or an ARM (cell phone) cpu but something like an Atom or similar. Not bad at all for the price. But the problem is they're out of stock 90% of the time.

• @serveria_com said:

@levelKro said:

@seriesn said:

I also heard from our customers those were ok. It's not a Raspberry or an ARM (cell phone) cpu but something like an Atom or similar. Not bad at all for the price. But the problem is they're out of stock 90% of the time.

Yes, is always out of stock, in the past I have got a 4gb 2tb at ~20$/month, but this is for a customer and I have setup a seedbox. For my projects, I not need CPU usage, and with OpenVZ VPS, you must use less CPU you can. Looking more for Ram, running web services with PHP. Only CSTEAM need a little more ressources for the Steam library sync. Only use below 10% of 3Ghz Xeon. Shoutcast with Transcoder only need a Celeron 1.5Ghz at minimum with 128mb of ram (for os+scserv+2xsctrans).

But 4GB/2TB for a dedi at 4.99$/m, is look to be the lower on the market, is more cheap of the SSD VPS 4GB/40GB at 6.87$/m. (with the exception of HDD vs. SDD)

• levelKrolevelKro Member
    edited December 2019

I have ordered a Dedi from OneProvider, after ~36hours, I have got the Dedicated server, 1 hour for setup OS, but panel is fast and server have a great speed, just the upload/download link can be slow some times (is a shared 1gbps).

• deankdeank Member, Troll

Think like this.

A dedicated server = A full time wife.
    A VPS = A hired wife from a rent-a-wife online website.

• @deank said:
    Think like this.

A dedicated server = A full time wife.
    A VPS = A hired wife from a rent-a-wife online website.

I not have a wife in RL, I have time for my virtuals wifes.