Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for multiple vps' in multiple locations
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for multiple vps' in multiple locations

Hello,

I'm looking for at least 3 geographical locations which can provide the best transit to the most people.

I'm ideally looking for providers who have multiple nodes per location, looking for 5+ vps' per location. Private networking is a must across nodes, and the ability to float ipv4 between the two smaller vps' on separate nodes. Ability to purchase a ddos protected ip would be a bonus, but not essential as i only require these for a month to test a setup. It's a must that the provider allows NFS mounts, as i will be replicating files between locations.

Specs:

1x 128/256mb KVM, 5gb hdd, 200gb xfer, 2 ipv4, private networking

1x 128/256mb KVM, 5gb hdd, 200gb xfer, 1 ipv4, private networking

2x 512mb/1GB KVM, 10gb hdd, 500gb xfer, 1 ipv4, private networking

1x 512mb/1gb KVM, 50-100gb ssd/ssd cached, 200gb xfer, 1 ipv4, private networking

All vps' must be supplied by the same provider in the same location, ideally across multiple nodes to offer more redundancy.

Budget, as cheap as possible, as stated above, i only require these for a month to test a new setup. I'd ideally not like to spend more than 20-25$ per location.

Any offers welcome (via PM or Comment), although ideally not looking to stick all my eggs within the US/NL market, locations such as HK/SWE etc welcome.

Thanks.

Comments

• jimpopjimpop Member
    edited November 2013

I don't think you will find everything you are seeking from one LET provider. But... your 3 geographical locations should be Eastern USA, Western Europe, and Singapore. From those 3 locations you can effectively cover the world.

I successfully cover the world, with RamNode (Atlanta), NinjaHawk (Dallas), and Incerhost (Miami), in the Americas and again in EMEA (London, Rotterdam, Frankfurt), and with OneAsiaHost (Singapore) for Asia. Although not completely necessary, I also use RansomIT to further provide good latency to Oceania (although it could conceivably be covered by Singapore)

-Pay solid attention to www.cablemap.info as to where major transit lines terminate.

-Focus on the network peering that each provider offers.

Edit: I should add that the 3 locations for EMEA, and the 3 locations for the Americas, are combined as 3 A/AAAA records for each location, so if you don't want redundancy then any one of those providers will do.

• Make these 4 locations - one in China mainland, one in India, one in USA and one in western Europe.
    With this you have covered big part of earth's population. Except for Australia, which is not very populated, and Africa, which wouldn't be fast no matter what you do anyway.

• @rds100 said:
    Make these 4 locations - one in China mainland, one in India, one in USA and one in western Europe.
    With this you have covered big part of earth's population. Except for Australia, which is not very populated, and Africa, which wouldn't be fast no matter what you do anyway.

Hey, who says us Aussies don't deserve fast loading speeds -frowns-.

Thanked by 1jimpop
  • They deserve it, but it's a population of just 23 million people - it's nothing compared to China or India. And it's huge territory, with no good internal peering. So they are screwed anyway.
    Ok, maybe add a Singapore server for hopefully all the rest countries in the region.

• @jimpop I may have worded it badly, im not after a single provider for all the locations, im just after a single provider to provide all the vps's within that single location

@rds100 These 3 locations are just primarily for testing my backend setup, i will eventually put it into production and be looking at 10+ locations, so i will be open to more locations in the future

• jimpopjimpop Member
    edited November 2013

OneAsiaHost, in Singapore, has better China peering and latency, than most Chinese VPS providers. Do some testing.

http://ping.chinaz.com

• Thanks for the suggestions so far, i will definitely look into OneAsiaHost for Singapore, any other providers and locations you'd recommend?

• sonwebhost.com USA

• StarryStarry Member, Host Rep

If you need China location, check my sig.

• RadiRadi Host Rep, Veteran
    edited November 2013

LA, Chicago, NY here.